Ronaldo off?

Guest DazzaNufc1892

Guest Sporting

He wont go surely, he seems be enjoying himself at Manure and recently signed a big contract (yes means nothing nowadays)

Dunno, cant see it myself!

He has never had a good game against Arsenal or any good opposition!

80 million is crazy!

I remember him scoring a few goals past you at Highbury.

Man U's 4-2 win at Highbury in which he scored twice doesnt count as a big game, nor does this season's 2-2 when he scored one and created one for them, nor do World Cups games (he was quite considerably our best player and the best player on the pitch in the 0-0 with England), European Championships, Champions League quarter Finals, domestic Cup Finals, or English local derbies.

£25m maybes, not fuckin £80m, no chance.

Imagine how good Man Ure would be if they had another £80m to spend, dare say they wouldn't miss Ronaldo that much.

I don't think Man U would be better off with another £80m to spend minus Ronaldo. Where would they put that money? They'd need a new RW, but that's about it really, except perhaps for back-up players. So, who'd they spend that cash on to make them a better team? Messi?

Couldn't agree more, why fix something that isn't broken.

But its not a case of "why fix something that isn't broken" - i'm sure Man U don't wonna sell him, and Fergie doesn't want the £80m, BUT if Ronaldo decides he's away, they'll have no option but to fix the fucker.

He wont go surely, he seems be enjoying himself at Manure and recently signed a big contract (yes means nothing nowadays)

80 million is crazy!

I remember him scoring a few goals past you at Highbury.

Man U's 4-2 win at Highbury in which he scored twice doesnt count as a big game, nor does this season's 2-2 when he scored one and created one for them, nor do World Cups games (he was quite considerably our best player and the best player on the pitch in the 0-0 with England), European Championships, Champions League quarter Finals, domestic Cup Finals, or English local derbies.

;)

Imagine how good Man Ure would be if they had another £80m to spend, dare say they wouldn't miss Ronaldo that much.

I don't think Man U would be better off with another £80m to spend minus Ronaldo. Where would they put that money? They'd need a new RW, but that's about it really, except perhaps for back-up players. So, who'd they spend that cash on to make them a better team? Messi?

But its not a case of "why fix something that isn't broken" - i'm sure Man U don't wonna sell him, and Fergie doesn't want the £80m, BUT if Ronaldo decides he's away, they'll have no option but to fix the fucker.

Which you claim is possible, how can Manchester United replace Cristiano Ronaldo with a replacement who is capable of scoring/assisting the amount of goals he does? As Towelie said, even with 60m you couldn't do that unless you bought someone of similar ability like Messi for e.g  What are the chance of that happening?

25 million?!  mackems.gif

They would be better off keeping Ronaldo and not having another 80 million.  It's not like they couldn't go out and spend big anyway.

Which you claim is possible, how can Manchester United replace Cristiano Ronaldo with a replacement who is capable of scoring/assisting the amount of goals he does? As Towelie said, even with 60m you couldn't do that unless you bought someone of similar ability like Messi for e.g  What are the chance of that happening?

Your comment was about not fixing it if it aint broken. If Ronaldo wants to leave, it will have to be fixed.

Do you reckon Manure couldnt win the league without him? Yep he's a fuckin awesome player, and almost impossible to replace but other clubs have lost great players, spent the money wisely and still been equally as successful.

You could have similar arguments for Henry at Arsenal, Owen at Liverpool or Van Nistelrooy at Man U.

Your comment was about not fixing it if it aint broken. If Ronaldo wants to leave, it will have to be fixed.

Do you reckon Manure couldnt win the league without him? Yep he's a fuckin awesome player, and almost impossible to replace but other clubs have lost great players, spent the money wisely and still been equally as successful.

You could have similar arguments for Henry at Arsenal, Owen at Liverpool or Van Nistelrooy at Man U.

Totally wrong, the three players you just mentioned left their clubs after they'd had their best years at the club, Ronaldo is playing the best football of his career at the moment.

Totally wrong, the three players you just mentioned left their clubs after they'd had their best years at the club, Ronaldo is playing the best football of his career at the moment.

Gonna have to agree to disagree, particularly on your last point.

Ronaldo is still young, as opposed to Van Nistelrooy and Henry. Owen was still fairly young when he left Liverpool, but he was very injury-prone instead, something Ronaldo isn't.

And what you said was "Imagine how good Man Ure would be if they had another £80m to spend, dare say they wouldn't miss Ronaldo that much." We're arguing that they would be worse off without Ronaldo but with the £80m.

So he isn't playing the best football of his career? Just after winning the player and players player of the year awards, also been named the 3rd best player in the world, when would you say he was playing his best football then?

So he isn't playing the best football of his career? Just after winning the player and players player of the year awards, also been named the 3rd best player in the world, when would you say he was playing his best football then?

About it being totally wrong and the others being past their best.

Owen was 24 when he went to Real, in hindsight the early days were his best compared to now, but then he was still Liverpools number one striker and a big loss. The next season they won the CL.

Henry was a massive loss for Arsenal, fuckin hell he was and still is a great player. Many people doubted Arsenal last year after other key losses, but Wenger has a potential Premier Champions team now.

RvN, a lot of fans didnt agree with his sale, he is a pure goalscorer, IMO they havent replaced RvN like for like (Rooney and Tevez are different types of players) but Ferguson (with the obvious help of Ronaldo) has a great team again.

Whats to say he can't replace Ronaldo and still have a great team? Thats my point. Ronaldo leaving won't be the end of manure.

Probably not worth £80m, yet but would definitely breakthe world record for transfer fee. £60-65m wouldnt be exactly unrealistic, would pay for himself with shirt sales and his contribution on the pitch would be priceless, He's a winger who scroing more than most strikers in the best league in the world for fucks sake.

Guest sharath

80 million is crazy!

Dear Ashtray,

Have you watched ronaldo? or actually arsenal vs manchester united? it seems not.

In the invincible season, he ripped apart ashley cole ( that bit where he tricks past cole and cole falls on his arse was espn's first clip in english premier league theme  for 2 seasons ). Then in the 4-2 win against arsenal at home with lots of injuries for united, ronaldo scored twice and was subbed because silvestre was  sent off.      Then FA cup final when ronaldo and rooney stripped arsenal to shreds just for them to win 1-0 and again this year when he scored this year.  we are the only team      out of  top 4 to beat chelsea during mourinho's reign in premier league.  know who created the goal that won us the match? ronaldo.

Then looking at he has represented portugal in semifinals of world cup and final of euros and is his country's leading scorer in euro's qualifiers and leading scorer in  champions league, I suggest you give a think before you ink.

About it being totally wrong and the others being past their best.

Owen was 24 when he went to Real, in hindsight the early days were his best compared to now, but then he was still Liverpools number one striker and a big loss. The next season they won the CL.

Henry was a massive loss for Arsenal, fuckin hell he was and still is a great player. Many people doubted Arsenal last year after other key losses, but Wenger has a potential Premier Champions team now.

RvN, a lot of fans didnt agree with his sale, he is a pure goalscorer, IMO they havent replaced RvN like for like (Rooney and Tevez are different types of players) but Ferguson (with the obvious help of Ronaldo) has a great team again.

Whats to say he can't replace Ronaldo and still have a great team? Thats my point. Ronaldo leaving won't be the end of manure.

Owen and Henry were injury prone, Henry barely played last season, Van Nistelrooy wasn't the same striker the year he left and he barely played in that year so he clearly wasn't an instrumental player within the team anyway, Ronaldo is.

Ronaldos form won Manure the title last season and he is on 18 goals so far this season and god knows how many assists, if they win the title again this season its down to him.

Where would they be with out his goals, passing, assists etc? Of course they would miss him!

Jesus fuckin christ. My point is that Ferguson could still spend the money wisely and Man U would still be a good team.

Owen was s****, RvN was s****, Henry was s****. Ronaldo is god-like.

Convincing argument.

He's a fantastic talent, coming into his prime, on fire form-wise, top scorer - from midfield(!) - in what's widely considered the best league in the world and would be missed greatly by any team.  But no player's worth £80m on his own. Even nowadays that's stupid money and any team would be daft to turn down that amount of cash for one player, especially if he wasn't going to a national rival.  You could replace him with any fucker you wanted and still have enough left over for another 3 or 4 top class signings.  Does our entire squad even come close to £80m?

Guest Knightrider

He's worth it. £10m a season over 8 years for Ronaldo, see it like that. I'd pay 10m a season if I were a manager for 18 goals, numerous assists and electric displays.

He's worth it. £10m a season over 8 years for Ronaldo, see it like that. I'd pay 10m a season if I were a manager for 18 goals, numerous assists and electric displays.

You can't gurantee that though, anything could happen.

He could become fat, injury prone and totally disinterested.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/AlbertoLuque/R9.jpg

He could become fat, injury prone and totally disinterested.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/AlbertoLuque/R9.jpg

he's still class