Kazenga LuaLua joins Brighton permanently

Syrette

Ben Arfa should only ever play up front (well supporting the striker) imo :lol:

But with say:

Right - Jonas, Barton

Left - Marveaux, Ferguson

Centre - Tiote, Cabaye, Gosling, Guthrie

We should be alright, Abeid and Vuckic in reserve and given time for the cups. Obviously that is just for numbers sake, the likes of Jonas will probably start on the left more often than not.

Ben Arfa was quality against Everton on the left, and has played wide the majority of his career, so I'm not having that like.

The thing I don't get about this Hatem number ten stuff is why are we looking for another first-choice striker? When we were still rumoured to be after Barnetta/N'Zogbia I was convinced it was to look at a 4-2-3-1 with Ben Arfa in the hole, but now I'm becoming more certain we'll be going back to good old 4-4-2.

How many midfielders do you want, man? :lol:

I think we could do with cover while Ferguson's out so someone like Puncheon would do a job imo.

Too FM-tastic for me in the "cover while other player out aspect" and by all accounts (first-hand) he's an arsehole of the highest order. Southampton couldn't wait to get shot of him on loan last season because of his attitude.

Fair enough I didn't know that about him but seemed to do a job for Blackpool, seemed to score a few and created some good chances.

Agree entirely, he was lively as anything every time I saw him. Certainly not questioning the shout from an ability perspective :thup:

But with say:

Right - Jonas, Barton

We should be alright, Abeid and Vuckic in reserve and given time for the cups. Obviously that is just for numbers sake, the likes of Jonas will probably start on the left more often than not.

Ben Arfa was quality against Everton on the left, and has played wide the majority of his career, so I'm not having that like.

The thing I don't get about this Hatem number ten stuff is why are we looking for another first-choice striker? When we were still rumoured to be after Barnetta/N'Zogbia I was convinced it was to look at a 4-2-3-1 with Ben Arfa in the hole, but now I'm becoming more certain we'll be going back to good old 4-4-2.

You're correct, I just like the idea of him having more freedom and being allowed to do what he does best without having to track back etc..

But with say:

Right - Jonas, Barton

You're correct, I just like the idea of him having more freedom and being allowed to do what he does best without having to track back etc..

Aye, the VDV role from last season in effect. I do think him and Ba together like that could be really exciting.

You lot are greedy buggers, btw. Get me a centre-half, right-back, left-back and a striker in and then we'll talk more midfielders. :laugh:

This is also correct, my brain just can't think of two things at once so all those other positions had been sorted in this scenario :lol:

My problem with central-midfield is I don't rate Guthrie at all so we're one injury/suspension away from him being very close to the starting XI.

Aye, that's where we differ then - I think he's absolutely fine as backup and it appears Pardew seems to agree for the time being, although I've no doubt it's helped by his low wages. One of the recent interviews on NUFC TV he was saying how his level had upped since Cabaye coming, particularly. He didn't let us down at the end of last season - but I haven't forgotten West Brom away - so I'm hoping he can kick-on again from there.

I guess if Abeid does develop as hoped he might get promoted to 4th choice so maybe we don't need a centre-midfielder. Although I think we'll see Barton centre-mid before Guthrie with one of the wingers brought in...so yeah, we don't need a midfielder. :lol:

I guess if Abeid does develop as hoped he might get promoted to 4th choice so maybe we don't need a centre-midfielder. Although I think we'll see Barton centre-mid before Guthrie with one of the wingers brought in...so yeah, we don't need a midfielder. :lol:

Aye, despite the Ronaldo-led myth that Barton "can't play central" (even in a three, ffs) he can't be discounted and that will probably be the case. Barton had a good few quality games in the middle of the park last season, which isn't bad for someone who played the vast majority wide.

Abeid is pretty quick isn't he? The main concern I had about losing Cabaye & Tiote was the severe lack of pace in a Guthrie/Gosling partnership.

That being said, I still think some of these Abeid talk (which includes me) is way too premature.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah just reading.

62: GOAL! Albion are back on level terms thanks to a trademark Kazenga LuaLua goal. The winger cut in off the left and unleashed a fierce strike which beat Friedel at his near post

Pretty good Tottenham side also, hopefully he's getting closer to first team level.

• 3 months later...
Guest Geordiesned

When was his contract due to expire? Surprised we've let him leave on a free transfer unless his contract is up in the summer.