Kazenga LuaLua joins Brighton permanently

Syrette

Good luck to him. Considering the way we focus on youth nowadays, he obviously never really had Premier League potential.

Speaking of Pattison. I can remember his debut against West Brom at the end of 05/06 or something; looked quite promising iirc. :lol: What a bag of wank he was. That entire bunch was just hopeless. Ramage, Edgar, Huntington, Pattison - complete no-marks. Makes it all the more satisfying that Taylor finally seems to be realising his potential.

Good luck to him. Considering the way we focus on youth nowadays, he obviously never really had Premier League potential.

Speaking of Pattison. I can remember his debut against West Brom at the end of 05/06 or something; looked quite promising iirc. :lol: What a bag of wank he was. That entire bunch was just hopeless. Ramage, Edgar, Huntington, Pattison - complete no-marks. Makes it all the more satisfying that Taylor finally seems to be realising his potential.

Taylor, Krul and N'Zogbia weren't too bad! But yeah, in comparison to the current bunch of youth players and young signings there's much more encouraging signs now. whenever you saw those lads and players like lewis guy, martin brittain, alan o'brien play you could tell they weren't really cut out for top flight football almost immediately. funnily enough i always thought Ramage was perhaps the least talented of them all but he had the dedication and professionalism others lacked and is performing at a higher level than most of his peers.

Is he playing alot? Haven't heard much about him whenever I've seen Brighton this season.

Nope, 220 minutes and not that impressive in them. They're all surprised he's signed permanently as they thought he'd be heading back here in January.

Taylor, Krul and N'Zogbia weren't too bad! But yeah, in comparison to the current bunch of youth players and young signings there's much more encouraging signs now. whenever you saw those lads and players like lewis guy, martin brittain, alan o'brien play you could tell they weren't really cut out for top flight football almost immediately. funnily enough i always thought Ramage was perhaps the least talented of them all but he had the dedication and professionalism others lacked and is performing at a higher level than most of his peers.

I'm being pedantic but i think Taylor was a year or two before them, certainly featuring in the first team. As for Krul and Zog - absolutely, but i was just referring to the lads who came through our set-up. But like i say, i'm being fussy.

Pattison's wing-play was fucking hilarious, like. The only time I can remember the bald ginger statue actually moving with any purpose was making an overlap during Martins screamer at Spurs. The commentary actually goes "Pattison's got forward, Martins, oh what a goal!" or something. The pretty impressive debut aside, he was shit every time I saw him. I think it had something to do with the poodle of blonde/ginger hair on his head during the WBA game that he then shaved off, he went to pieces after that.

Pattison's wing-play was f***ing hilarious, like. The only time I can remember the bald ginger statue actually moving with any purpose was making an overlap during Martins screamer at Spurs. The commentary actually goes "Pattison's got forward, oh what a goal!" or something. The pretty impressive debut aside, he was s*** every time I saw him. I think it had something to do with the poodle of blonde/ginger hair on his head during the WBA game that he then shaved off, he went to pieces after that.

Was was driving me nuts back then was that we actually had Luque on the bench while this fucker was starting, remember half the posts in the Luque thread were by me complaining about that  :dave:

I'm being pedantic but i think Taylor was a year or two before them, certainly featuring in the first team. As for Krul and Zog - absolutely, but i was just referring to the lads who came through our set-up. But like i say, i'm being fussy.

Nah, he's actually the same age as Pattison and was born 3 years after Ramage! Just falsely seems as though he's not as he was clearly more talented and broke through in his own right whereas the others had to wait for injuries and a weak sqaud to get a chance. they were all around the club at the same time basically like gosling, tav, abeid, vuckic, sammy etc are now.

Kazenga's Emotional Farewell

By Dan King - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Kazenga LuaLua bade Newcastle United an emotional farewell after signing for Brighton on a permanent basis this week.

Having spent the season so far on loan with the Seagulls - and enjoyed two previous spells with the south coast side - the Congolese youngster is looking forward to playing full-time for Gus Poyet's team after the two clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

But, having been associated with the Magpies for seven years, LuaLua - who has signed a three-year deal at the Amex Stadium - leaves with many happy memories of his time on Tyneside.

And the younger brother of ex-United maverick Lomana spoke exclusively to nufc.co.uk to express his thanks to the club for giving him the chance to live out his dream of becoming a professional footballer.

"I''m really happy to have joined Brighton for good, and that's what I hoped would happen when I signed for them on loan in the summer," he said.

"It's nice to have sorted out my future for the next three years and to have signed for Brighton, because when I went on loan I always wanted to sign for them.

"But I've been with Newcastle since I was 14, and that's a long time. Lomana brought me down and I went on trial for six weeks, but after three weeks I was asked to join.

"And I really enjoyed my time with the club. Newcastle has been a great experience for me. It was a nice club to be playing with and everyone was great to me.

"The best thing was training with so many great players. It's not easy for a young player to break through at a club like Newcastle but I had a wonderful time, that's for sure.

"And I'll be sad not to see my friends there anymore, and not to be able to say goodbye, but these things happen in football. I'll miss them, though - people like Nile Ranger, Fergie (Shane Ferguson), Haris (Vuckic), Brad (Inman) and Samuel Adjei.

"But I'm just looking to the future now. I had a wonderful time at Newcastle but this is a new challenge for me so I have to take it. And I'm looking forward to that challenge and to the future."

LuaLua made his Newcastle debut in an FA Cup tie at Stoke in January 2008, aged 17, while his last appearances came at the end of last season when he made substitute appearances against Chelsea and West Brom, having battled back from a broken leg.

And he said: "That game against Stoke feels a long time ago, but I'll always remember it. It was nice to come on, being so young, and I'll never forget that.

"And I'll also remember the games against Chelsea and West Brom, which turned out to be my last. It was great after being injured for seven months to come on against Chelsea. It was hard and I was nervous, but we drew 2-2 and I have good memories of that match.

"In fact, I have good memories of my whole time at the club. I have nothing bad to say about Newcastle.

"They've had a good start to the season and I hope they keep going. I have only good things to say about Newcastle because they're the team that gave me a chance in my career.

"I wish them all the best. I hope they keep on going and have a wonderful, great season."

Good luck Kazenga :thup: