Duff

Cronky

About 75% of stuff Duff did today was good, but 25% was very bad. Still, it was the most dangerous performance from a NUFC right winger this season.

Dangerous in what respect? He did nothing.

Got some balls in the box, got in the final third, and passed the ball well. That is more than has been seen from any player picked on the right of midfield this season for NUFC.

So, he's outperformed Martins, Geremi and Alan Smith? Most impressive.

I must have been watching a different Damien Duff to most then, same old same old from what I could see.

I didn't want to comment because people think I have some sort of vendetta against him. I was happy to see him there today cos Milner's been rubbish of late, but I thought he was just as woeful as ever. Did well to get the ball back across to Owen after Taylor hit the post but apart from that, Jesus. I've never seen a winger pass it back as much as Duff does. He gets to the full back and immediately looks for Faye.

I must have been watching a different Damien Duff to most then, same old same old from what I could see.

I didn't want to comment because people think I have some sort of vendetta against him. I was happy to see him there today cos Milner's been rubbish of late, but I thought he was just as woeful as ever. Did well to get the ball back across to Owen after Taylor hit the post but apart from that, Jesus. I've never seen a winger pass it back as much as Duff does. He gets to the full back and immediately looks for Faye.

Think?  :idiot2:

He gave us a better balance, but he's not the player he was at Blackburn. Like Owen, can he be the same player again ?

I would agree about the balance but he's got a long way to go, at least he's getting closer to full fitness.

About 75% of stuff Duff did today was good, but 25% was very bad. Still, it was the most dangerous performance from a NUFC right winger this season.

Got some balls in the box, got in the final third, and passed the ball well. That is more than has been seen from any player picked on the right of midfield this season for NUFC.

I'm not singing his praises from the rooftops you know!

Think.  :idiot2:

So does everyone have a vendetta against Smith? Or is he just shite?

I'm not singing his praises from the rooftops you know!

Oh, you're right. That's just people shouting from the rooftops about how shit Alan Smith is. My mistake.

A little from column A, a little from column B. ;)

You have a vendetta against Smith. Everyone else just thinks he's shite, and rightly so.

Guest Brendan_Rice

For a player that has been out for so long I thought Duff done alright.  He passed the ball around well and cut a couple of balls back from the line.

Zog looked good in the first half with the ball at his feet running at their defence and wasn't really at the game in the second half.

I know it is the FA cup but I was dissapointed overall with everyones performance.  Stoke are in the championship and threatened our goal more than we did theirs.  I could see the difference in the quality of the teams in the first half but second half they upped their game and were unlucky not to win.

Taylor was outstanding in defence and if he wasn't playing I fear there would be no replay and we would be out.

Lets hope we take them at home.

It was good to see 4-4-2 being played mind.