Another "Owen: is he past it?" thread.. but with a poll

McCormick
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't know if the legs are gone but it seems like he purposefully doesn't exert himself;  might be scared of another injury. 

But wether it's physical or mental, he's useless to us right now. 

s***.

I don't care for him tbh. Bit part player, doesn't give a shit. Like most of the team unfortunately.

Don't give me the lack of service shit either, Carrol created more in his short stint than Owen all game IMO.

Even when he's been fit for us, he is so worthless unless we're creating chances. He's always been that way a little but it's so obvious now that his pace has gone and defences aren't fearful simply of his presence.

Say what you like about Martins, he likes to get involved. Too often you can forget Owen is even on the field.

Don't know if the legs are gone but it seems like he purposefully doesn't exert himself;  might be scared of another injury. 

But wether it's physical or mental, he's useless to us right now. 

I too get the feeling he's holding back a bit. Maybe still not fully fit or whatever.

After another less than stellar performance by easily our best-known player, i wonder what you lot think of him.

You've made option 3 irresistable.

I added it for higher degree of credibility

Do the clippings work?

Owen is our best finisher.  Give him 2 or 3 chances and he usually puts 1 of them away.  He's starved of chances so he doesn't score.

Good example of Owen is that friendy against Argentina.  You didn't see him all game, then bam... 2 goals from him.

He's still got it, we just ain't supplying him with decent passes/crosses.

Give him chances and he`ll put them away.

Yep.

The chances have to be so good though he might as well be in a wheelchair.

He needs a good team to produce for him. We're a million miles from that right now.

After another less than stellar performance by easily our best-known player, i wonder what you lot think of him.

Do the clippings work?

PM me if you want to know, i don't want to seem like some kind of freaky stalker :lol:

Yep.

He needs a good team to produce for him. We're a million miles from that right now.

He is not good for the club, he isn't going to get the service and is going to be invisible all game. Carrol did a better job today FFS. Why play with 10 men? 

Owen is our best finisher.  Give him 2 or 3 chances and he usually puts 1 of them away.  He's starved of chances so he doesn't score.

Good example of Owen is that friendy against Argentina.  You didn't see him all game, then bam... 2 goals from him.

He's still got it, we just ain't supplying him with decent passes/crosses.

All our deliveries are either coming from the wings in the form of a cross (heading isn't one of owen's strengths) or long balls from the half way line, again not to his srrengths.

Owen thrives on through balls down the middle and he rarely, if ever gets them right now.

Do the clippings work?

PM me if you want to know, i don't want to seem like some kind of freaky stalker :lol:

:laugh:

I thought you had to get your clippings under thier bed.  :parky:

Even when he's been fit for us, he is so worthless unless we're creating chances. He's always been that way a little but it's so obvious now that his pace has gone and defences aren't fearful simply of his presence.

Say what you like about Martins, he likes to get involved. Too often you can forget Owen is even on the field.

Spot on.

Owen is simply a reputation & hype. He's a name, not a brilliant player.

And the thing is he did have chances, again, today- but hes simply not this finisher he's hyped up to be. People really need to realise what he actually is and not be sucked into the rubbish Owen hype. He's not the worst player ever obviosuly. But 'lethal finisher', 'world class striker' 'give him a chance and he'll put it away striker'? Its hype, and hype only & not the truth. Get rid asap.

Yep.

He is not good for the club, he isn't going to get the service and is going to be invisible all game. Carrol did a better job today FFS. Why play with 10 men? 

Whilst he's here he's going to play, like it or not.

I know he's our "best finisher" and all that, but is he even that anymore? :undecided:

I realise he's spent most of his games "getting fit" (and not managing), but he's missed a boatload of sitters this season. That one against Citeh, Michael Owen missing that would have been unthinkable even three years ago.