The Hitzfeld Campaign: Would it work now?

Mr Logic

Guest Phil K

Whatever happened to Hitzfeld ?

I wanted him, and no, I wasn't bandwagon jumping. He was a winner - something we're not exactly used to, and made good teams out of sh*te (the position we are at - AGAIN)

I also wanted Houllier over and above (a long, LONG way above) Allardyce

Guest Knightrider

No campaign to promote a new manager should ever ever be conducted while there is someone actually in the job because that's not what being a supporter is about. When you resort to that you stop being fans and become politicians or militants.

I think that campaign represented more than just who we wanted but our total lack of faith in our chairman at the time, none of us were convinced FS would appoint a top calibre manager and we were right because Roeder got the job.

I think that campaign represented more than just who we wanted but our total lack of faith in our chairman at the time, none of us were convinced FS would appoint a top calibre manager and we were right because Roeder got the job.

Correct.

That was FS problem he listened to crowd at SJP rather than the keyboard warriors. Should of got your Hitzfeld songs on the go at the match man.

Guest Brewcastle

No - that ship has sailed - he's too old and we need a younger manager to BUILD A CLUB.

If we can get some improvement of entertaining football during the process, I will have patiente with the manager while he's building the team/club. As said before, I believe Trond Sollied can be that sort of manager. He's ambitious, no fear (wouldn't try to get a draw in Wigan). He turned down an offer from Rosenborg, Norway, before Christmas (Rosenborg is playing in Europe allmost every year, mostly Champions League). Sollied have coached Olympiakos (and then used to crazy supporters  :lol:) to league-winners and CL. He doesn't make compromise with his philosophy of attacking football. The chances to get a squad that suits his philsosphy seems big in NUFC.

Picture:   http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4105794.stm

What about Rafa, if he get the sack? He's not that young, but much quality!

Guest elbee909

Mind you, I don't think I said much about the "campaign" at the time, but now I think back it was an absoloute disgrace outside of the comedy value some of the other lads enjoyed from it.  A small number of fans deciding they know what's best for the club and attempting to force a change at the club by whatever means they could because everyone thought they were daft.

If you don't like something sing about it at the match, if you want someone new in charge, sing for them at the match.  If the crowd agree, they'll join in, if not you'll get howled down.  Democracy.

Democracy is decided by singing skills?  Get back to watching X-Factor.

No campaign to promote a new manager should ever ever be conducted while there is someone actually in the job because that's not what being a supporter is about. When you resort to that you stop being fans and become politicians or militants.

That is open to debate, you always support the club not necessarily the manager.

There are times when for the greater good of the club you have to do some pretty drastic things. I'm not saying that is the case in this situation though.

I hope Big Tron is noticing how many people only read the thread title and completely ignore the OP. :razz:

I'm noticing it, fuck me if people can't read a few short paragraphs like that no wonder they don't even look at Grass's posts. :)

I hope Big Tron is noticing how many people only read the thread title and completely ignore the OP. :razz:

I'm noticing it, fuck me if people can't read a few short paragraphs like that no wonder they don't even look at Grass's posts. :)

Not entirely convinced that length is the only reason for that. ZING~!

• 7 months later...

Whatever happened to Hitzfeld ?

I wanted him, and no, I wasn't bandwagon jumping. He was a winner - something we're not exactly used to, and made good teams out of sh*te (the position we are at - AGAIN)

I also wanted Houllier over and above (a long, LONG way above) Allardyce

WTF......Pi55 off