The 'SSN sources' thread...

Dave

Some might say that appointing Redknapp would complete a handsome hat-trick of allegedly bungtastic managers - (almost) three in a row, anyway. Redknapp is a "shepherd" style appointment. No, we're definitely dealing with a whole different kettle of fish now we have Ashley and Mort at the helm.

EDIT - Oh bugger it, Dev already did. I was too slow. :(

No ones mentioned ol' potato head Steve Bruce.But just to say,we have had good relations with Chelsea whilst Mourinho was there,Joses biggest influence in football is Sir Bobby and Mike Ingham on Radio 5 thinks the job would be ideal for him in a sleeping giant kind of way.I think it could be Mourinho.Heres hoping.

Some might say that appointing Redknapp would complete a handsome hat-trick of allegedly bungtastic managers - (almost) three in a row, anyway. Redknapp is a "shepherd" style appointment. No, we're definitely dealing with a whole different kettle of fish now we have Ashley and Mort at the helm.

good typing with your fingers crossed in hope

good typing with your fingers crossed in hope

Yeh precisely, everthing that Mort has said so far has made perfect sense so far. Saying that they were gonna be british didnt make sense to me, hope that all this nationality doesnt matter stuff is really true, it would be suicidal if they drained the talent pool before even lookng, wouldnt of made sense at all, said it earlier. The possibilities are endless, im salivating at the potential options, surely Mort and Ashley will know what the fans are after. I think they know it wouldnt make sense going for a British manager, if they arent good enough for the england job then what chance do they have at our club.

Ive noticed Scolari hasnt been mentioned too much.

"Should Newcastle fail to lure Redknapp, Blackburn's Mark Hughes and even Jose Mourinho may be alternative targets."

fucking bollocks.... jose as an alternative??!?!?!?!!!!! ... he should slap him in his fat face for even considering him as an "Alternative"

I'd be so gutted if we were to have sacked Allardyce for Redknapp. I really would throw Mort and Ashley's footballing knowledge into question then. Redknapp's done nothing but save teams from relegation and promote them from the Championship. Aye, he's done well with a bit of money this season and everyone knows he is decent in the transfer market. But what the fuck has he done, honestly?

Mort and Ashley sitting there going "Sam's not doing it for us. He's not got a hope of ever getting us into Europe, and eventually the Champions League, and he'll never win us a trophy. I know who will, Harry Redknapp."

Where is the sense in that? Really would be an embarrassing turn of events.

Just can't imagine Ashley going near Redknapp, and Redknapp coming up norf.

Redknapp went straight to Southampton from Portsmouth don't forget. I wouldn't be surprised if he came here if we were to approach him.

Just can't imagine Ashley going near Redknapp, and Redknapp coming up norf.

exaclty i had heard in the past the redknapp loves it daarnn saaarf ... why the fuck would he want to come up here? ... portsmouth are very well off and  arent exactly sunlun'

No ones mentioned ol' potato head Steve Bruce.But just to say,we have had good relations with Chelsea whilst Mourinho was there,Joses biggest influence in football is Sir Bobby and Mike Ingham on Radio 5 thinks the job would be ideal for him in a sleeping giant kind of way.I think it could be Mourinho.Heres hoping.

I'm with you all the way mate  O0