The 'SSN sources' thread...

Dave

Guest johnson293

The worst thing about all this is that Carr has survived another manager.

Maybe only just....

Wigan are hoping to sign Newcastle's Steve Carr after new contract talks with the Magpies broke down. (Daily Mirror)

:cheesy:

Possibly one of the most bizzare suggestions I have seen in a newspaper yet, from the Mirror:

"One option likely to appeal to Ashley would be the prospect of Redknapp bringing his son, Jamie, to work alongside him."

WTF!?

dont know if this has been posted, taken from www.nufc.com

I really do not know anything about this. I have not spoken to anyone from Newcastle.

“When I saw that Sam had left my immediate thoughts were that Alan Shearer was a certainty to take over.

“There’s nothing in my being linked with the job.  I had an offer not so long ago to take over at what I consider a massive club but I didn’t go.

“I am happy down on the South Coast.

The Dutchman and Newcastle have a history - two years ago he was approached by the club and offered a contract worth around £3 million a season.

However, Jol opted to accept an even more lucrative contract extension at White Hart Lane, with Newcastle appointing Glenn Roeder on a permanent deal.

IS THIS TRUE? :|

The Dutchman and Newcastle have a history - two years ago he was approached by the club and offered a contract worth around £3 million a season.

However, Jol opted to accept an even more lucrative contract extension at White Hart Lane, with Newcastle appointing Glenn Roeder on a permanent deal.

Allegedly, but different chairman and owners remember.

Guest sicko2ndbest

very interesting interview just been on 5live with paul kelmsley (?) who was hinting strongly that ashley already has someone lined up

What did he say

very interesting interview just been on 5live with paul kelmsley (?) who was hinting strongly that ashley already has someone lined up

He'd be as bad as Shepherd if he didn't. I was thinking on it before falling asleep last night. My best guess is that he'll be unveiled the day after Man Utd. (Would hardly be fair to any new boss to have to take that lot on as his first game.)

It makes no sense if he doesn't have someone lined up. It happened so quickly and who the hell would take the job now if it wasn't someone who had already agreed? Makes the new guys look almost as bad as the previous regime. I don't buy this 'slowly lost faith' bollocks, ashley is a businessman and must have someone in the wings otherwise he's screwing himself and his investment over

What did he say

basically that ashley doesn't make rash decisions and when asked who ashley had lined up said words to the effect of "i'm not telling" and that he (ashley) is in hong kong right now working on a deal with philip greene

What did he say

basically that ashley doesn't make rash decisions and when asked who ashley had lined up said words to the effect of "i'm not telling" and that he (ashley) is in hong kong right now working on a deal with philip greene

So this is our new manager?  http://images.elfwood.com/fanq/b/r/brebo/hong_kong_phooey.jpg

This "Ashley is a business man" quote is annoying, every single owner in any football club is; Fat Freddy is!

It's true, he is a business man, but if you look at what he has done in the past with sports direct etc, it's not too hard to imagine him sacking Sam without having a backup.

What did he say

So this is our new manager?  http://images.elfwood.com/fanq/b/r/brebo/hong_kong_phooey.jpg

well i hope he brings spot with him. he's the brains of the operation in my view

Kemsley was a big fan of Redknapp when at Spurs, and is clearly one of Ashley's biggest confidants/advisors.

Not just a big fan of Redknapp, they're all as thick as thieves.  I've done a post on another thread.  One thing I would say with certainty.  Martin Jol won't be in the running now that Ashley owns NUFC.  When Shepherd tapped him up he could have come but not a cat in hell's chance now.

Yes, but the numbers are not quite accurate.

I'd be happier for KK to come in, and Mort give him £100m to try and bring back "the good old days" than for the likes of Redknapp, Hughes and McClaren.

Not saying I want KK, but i really don't want the other 3.

Possibly one of the most bizzare suggestions I have seen in a newspaper yet, from the Mirror:

"One option likely to appeal to Ashley would be the prospect of Redknapp bringing his son, Jamie, to work alongside him."

WTF!?

Jamie is fully qualified with a Pro badge.  When he left Spurs to go to Pompey, Spurs tried hard to get him to take over as Head Coach of the Academy but he wanted to keep on playing so we eventually signed Alex Inglethorpe instead.

Guest Guinness

I'm seriously hoping Ashley has someone good lined up and ready to take control. All this stuff about Redknapp being the number one choice is concerning not only because he's not a step up, but because he doesn't even want the job. It would be pure madness if we've sacked Sam with no suitable replacement in the pipeline.