Mark Hughes

James

Hughes who'll be off in a few years when the slimey tit at Old Trafford retires.

That would be my biggest concern with Hughes, I feel he would just use us to prove that he can handle a so called 'BIG' job and jump ship as they come calling.

He'd have to win something before he would be considered, getting us consistently into the top4 or 5 wont count for shit if he doesnt get us winning silverware consistently. Man U will have there pick of 99.9% of the managers out there.

The fact Blackburn are continuing to say they haven't been approached for Hughes, while Redknapp has and Houllier has been seen with Mort suggests he aint a favourite.

Also seems the Keegan hasnt been approached yet.

The fact Blackburn are continuing to say they haven't been approached for Hughes, while Redknapp has and Houllier has been seen with Mort suggests he aint a favourite.

When was Houllier seen with Mort?

some ITK on here said a member of their family knew of them meeting at manchester airport.

Bramble as mascot?

No he'd probably f*** that up as well!

He has scored as many league goals as Michael Owen this season and the team he's been playing in have conceded less goals than us and have twice as many clean sheets.

Not such a laughing stock eh?

True.

Still wouldn't have him back though. The guy is always on the verge of self destructing no matter what anyone says.

Anyway, please don't even bring up Micahel Owen okay. It's just depressing. The sight of him playing football (if you can call it that) almost brings me to tears. Sad, sad, sad sight nowadays. An absolute catastrophe of a signing.

Owen should just call it a day and become a jockey.

See the Houllier thread.

some ITK on here said a member of their family knew of them meeting at manchester airport.

Must be true then

No-one would create a phantom sighting to sound credible would they....

Must be true then

It was me.

As i explain in the Houllier thread, I'm not saying he's our next manager, but we are at least talking to him.

Its amazing how people are using Sven as an example, when we were linked with him some people were disgusted and demanded we didnt go for him.

Tell me about it, sums up the fans really.

Wisdom in hindsight is a great thing isn't it.  Sadly it's worth f*ckall.

Big concerns with hughes:

1. No Charisma

If he comes, much like Rednapp wont come with the blessing of even half the fan base, its a huge mess and a huge job to come here. I dont think he has the character to swing the fans or woo the press, and to be honest I am already bored of him whinging and crying about games everytime I see an interview.

2. The players

Not to far off when Souness came we are at a stage where a few players think they are bigger and better than the manager, think they know enough and dont want to listen. Is Hughes someone our so called "Stars" will be interested in listening to or learning from. Hughes doesnt have the experience of handling big players or spending big money, can he attract the pedigree of player Ashley will demand when handing him money?

Hughes did well at Wales, why because he was ultimately respected by the welsh and was young and fresh. Much like if Shearer had walked in he has friends in the dressing room that would back him and play for him.

2. Souness Mark two?

Going back to Blackburn to get a manager, except this one has never won anything. People seem to forget Souness had Blackburn in top 6 territory and playing some great attacking football, when we hired him they were at a malaise, much like Blackburn this season.

I havent been impressed at all the last two seasons we were at Blackburn, they look as disorganised as we do now, they do have fight, an improvement from what we have been seeing yes but they dont have the pressure piled on them like our team inevitable will. Least we forget at times last season Hughes was being tipped for the sack after several terrible run of games.

Hughes comes across as a bully boy coach much like Souness, the only difference is Souness has respect for doing it in the game and winning things so to an extent could get away with it.

Dont get me wrong, we could do worse than Hughes, but he doesnt even make the list of who I would like. He just looks like another manager waiting to get swallowed up by the tyne sea.

We can only afford to appoint a manager that:

Has the Charisma and spirit to inspire not only the fans but the players.

Has the experience of winning things amongst decent competition.

Can handle the egos of our dressing room and the pressures that come with our club.

Anything less can see us going to ruins.. its not just the fans that are looking to Ashley and Mort for the right appointment. The players too need the right man.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Remember Hughes played for Barcelona as well as Man utd and Chelsea.

He has a great knowledge of both the English and foreign game

1. No Charisma

If he comes, much like Rednapp wont come with the blessing of even half the fan base, its a huge mess and a huge job to come here. I dont think he has the character to swing the fans or woo the press, and to be honest I am already bored of him whinging and crying about games everytime I see an interview.

2. The players

Not to far off when Souness came we are at a stage where a few players think they are bigger and better than the manager, think they know enough and dont want to listen. Is Hughes someone our so called "Stars" will be interested in listening to or learning from. Hughes doesnt have the experience of handling big players or spending big money, can he attract the pedigree of player Ashley will demand when handing him money?

Hughes did well at Wales, why because he was ultimately respected by the welsh and was young and fresh. Much like if Shearer had walked in he has friends in the dressing room that would back him and play for him.

2. Souness Mark two?

Going back to Blackburn to get a manager, except this one has never won anything. People seem to forget Souness had Blackburn in top 6 territory and playing some great attacking football, when we hired him they were at a malaise, much like Blackburn this season.

I havent been impressed at all the last two seasons we were at Blackburn, they look as disorganised as we do now, they do have fight, an improvement from what we have been seeing yes but they dont have the pressure piled on them like our team inevitable will. Least we forget at times last season Hughes was being tipped for the sack after several terrible run of games.

Hughes comes across as a bully boy coach much like Souness, the only difference is Souness has respect for doing it in the game and winning things so to an extent could get away with it.

Dont get me wrong, we could do worse than Hughes, but he doesnt even make the list of who I would like. He just looks like another manager waiting to get swallowed up by the tyne sea.

We can only afford to appoint a manager that:

Has the Charisma and spirit to inspire not only the fans but the players.

Has the experience of winning things amongst decent competition.

Can handle the egos of our dressing room and the pressures that come with our club.

Anything less can see us going to ruins.. its not just the fans that are looking to Ashley and Mort for the right appointment. The players too need the right man.

I must admit Hughes does worry me a little bit. At the very most he could be alright for us, but at the very worst he could be disastrous. Could he be great? I'm not so sure. I agree he does have a bit of a Souness/Alladyce feel to him.

At the end of the day you could argue that he is pretty inexperienced and really hasn't achieved much in the game.

I'm scared ...

Must be true then

It was me.

As i explain in the Houllier thread, I'm not saying he's our next manager, but we are at least talking to him.

Can't find it in the other thread, so I apologise for posting it here. Houllier's been in America for the last week, when exactly were they supposed to have met?

Guest Knightrider

Hughes would do no better than the previous managers here. First sign of trouble and fans would be on his back. He's a decent manager and an up and coming one but he would have to hit the ground running here, and he's not that good and nor are our players. It has to be a huge name or a combo of KK and Shearer or one of them otherwise we'll be back on that vicious circle before too long.

1. No Charisma

2. The players

2. Souness Mark two?

Howay man, what you wrote is mostly BS.

1.Although our fans love Big Al he's hardly Will Smith in the charisma stakes is he? Houllier is hardly Mr. Charisma either. Hughes is no more dull than Sven who has gone from zero to hero on this board within 6 months. If he wins a trophy for us he won't need the charisma to "wooo the fans".

2. You seem to have forgotten that Blackburn where in the relegation zone when we hired Souness and looked very shit in the process. They weren't 8th halfway through the season and had been on the slide for 2 or so years.

Least you forget last season they finished in the top 6 and were narrowly beaten in the FA Cup Semi-Finals by eventual winner Chelsea, beating Arsenal on the way. When was he being tipped for the sack? Stop making shit up.

3.Your last point is complete bullshit. Souness fell out with Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke amongst others in his time at Blackburn. Players openly criticised him when they left.  Once again your talking bollocks. No player has ever had a bad word to say against Hughes.

Hughes was also a very gifted footballer, he's no dummy and has won more in his career than Big Al, playing for bigger clubs in the process.

Benny McCarthy (UEFA Cup/CL winner?) & Santa Cruz have won more trophies than any of our players in the last 5 years and both are hardly on their last legs like the successful players at Newcastle (Owen, Duff & Butt). Our "star" players are very dispensable. Bellamy is more trouble than any of our players and Bells loves Hughes.

I can understand peoples reservations about Hughes but posts like toontownman are complete bollocks.

Hughes would do no better than the previous managers here. First sign of trouble and fans would be on his back. He's a decent manager and an up and coming one but he would have to hit the ground running here, and he's not that good and nor are our players. It has to be a huge name or a combo of KK and Shearer or one of them otherwise we'll be back on that vicious circle before too long.

I don't think he needs to hit the ground running at all. He'd make it to next season barring a huge relegation struggle. That's a good 4/5 months to get comfortable without loads of pressure. We've missed the European boat already.

From there he'll take off.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't think he needs to hit the ground running at all. He'd make it to next season barring a huge relegation struggle. That's a good 4/5 months to get comfortable without loads of pressure. We've missed the European boat already.

From there he'll take off.

Agree he gets my backing

Would defonately be the safest, and possibly best bet

Guest sicko2ndbest

Former Blackburn defender Lucas Neill believes Mark Hughes would have no trouble turning around crisis club Newcastle were he to take the top job on Tyneside.

Neill, who played under Hughes for two-and-a-half years before moving to West Ham last January, highlighted Hughes’s ability to get the best out of his players.

Newcastle’s have been underachieving for some time, ultimately costing Sam Allardyce his job last week, and, after Harry Redknapp ruled himself out of the running, Hughes is the bookmakers’ favourite to take over The Magpies.

He said: "It's the same for a player as it is for a manager I guess - a manager wants to coach the biggest and best he can. I think Mark Hughes, no disrespect to Blackburn, has got the potential to coach a top Premier League or European club.

"It's endless what he could do because he gets his message across in such a professional way. The success he's had doesn't surprise me because his structure is very professional and he gets everyone striving to achieve

"He's got experience of being at top clubs such as Manchester United, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Chelsea - the best there is in Europe. He's taken bits from all of them and a bit of international experience with Wales and made his own style.

"If he stays at Blackburn or goes somewhere else I'm sure he's going to go on and be very successful."

:thup:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Shearer would be inexperienced.

Hughes has achieved more in football than Big Al as well. Winning the FA Cup 4 teams, the Premiership twice and 2 European Trophies. He's also won more international caps than Big Al.

He's done alot in the game.

:thup:

As for Keegan, the mans a nervous loser.

:thdn: