If it's Redknapp?

Dokko

I'm sceptical about this rumour, if only because of Harry and his Bournemouth house - the one he commuted to West Ham from, rather than move!

I've never heard so much about one players or managers house! Have you ever heard footballer not moving because they liked their house so much?

:lol:

No, no, what I meant was that he is fairly settled down south with his family, doing well with Portsmouth and I don't think a few extra million would be enough to move him to be honest - if indeed we are after him. Obviously pure speculation. :)

Guest michaelfoster

At least if we signed Chimbona we have a ready made chant for him

What's that coming over the hill

is it chimbonda, is it chimbonda

Look, if the stuff on SSN is true, then obviously Ashley is in love with Redknapp and will lavish him with support/money etc.

Given that one of the failings of the Allardyce regime was his ambivalent relationship with the board, Redknapp could very easily be successful given 100% backing from Ashley, Mort, and Ashley's checkbook.

The man's a decent manager, and he's taken a relegation-threatened team and turned it into arguably the best side out of the pack that's hunting for 5th place. I'd rate him slightly higher than Sam, much higher if we take into account the fact that he has a reputation for "good football."

I'm not saying that he's "the one" who'll bring balance to the Force and take us to the top six, but he deserves a chance.

We dare not have this mentality that we'll immediately turn against any appointment that isn't Mourinho or Lippi or some other unrealisticlaly qualified foreign manager.

If he comes, let's back him.

Agreed

Good manager, knows the premiership, loves attacking football.

A more solid bet than any johnny foreigner

What a load of shit. Absolute cobblers.

Well done for spinning this shambles until its a GOOD managerial appointment. Jesus. Good job we don't want actual success, isn't it.

Still, if he's our manager, he suddenly becoems ace, doesn't he. Same as the last few did to some cretins, same as some of the shite players do, just by wearing black and white. And THAT attitude, more than any pressure from fans, that stops us from being a genuinely big club, and keeps us from achieving the success we crave.

Guest The Libertine

Look, if the stuff on SSN is true, then obviously Ashley is in love with Redknapp and will lavish him with support/money etc.

Given that one of the failings of the Allardyce regime was his ambivalent relationship with the board, Redknapp could very easily be successful given 100% backing from Ashley, Mort, and Ashley's checkbook.

The man's a decent manager, and he's taken a relegation-threatened team and turned it into arguably the best side out of the pack that's hunting for 5th place. I'd rate him slightly higher than Sam, much higher if we take into account the fact that he has a reputation for "good football."

I'm not saying that he's "the one" who'll bring balance to the Force and take us to the top six, but he deserves a chance.

We dare not have this mentality that we'll immediately turn against any appointment that isn't Mourinho or Lippi or some other unrealisticlaly qualified foreign manager.

Agreed

What a load of s***. Absolute cobblers.

Well done for spinning this shambles until its a GOOD managerial appointment. Jesus. Good job we don't want actual success, isn't it.

Still, if he's our manager, he suddenly becoems ace, doesn't he. Same as the last few did to some cretins, same as some of the s**** players do, just by wearing black and white. And THAT attitude, more than any pressure from fans, that stops us from being a genuinely big club, and keeps us from achieving the success we crave.

good point. lets not support the players or the manager. that'll get us the trophies.

Agreed

Still, if he's our manager, he suddenly becoems ace, doesn't he. Same as the last few did to some cretins, same as some of the s**** players do, just by wearing black and white. And THAT attitude, more than any pressure from fans, that stops us from being a genuinely big club, and keeps us from achieving the success we crave.

All I can say is, I'd much prefer to be watching a Portsmouth team from the last two years than anything Sam or Roeder served up.

So its about being a bit better than the shite we've had, as opposed to actually being good?

Agreed

All I can say is, I'd much prefer to be watching a Portsmouth team from the last two years than anything Sam or Roeder served up.

So its about being a bit better than the s**** we've had, as opposed to actually being good?

Exactly NM

Agreed

good point. lets not support the players or the manager. that'll get us the trophies.

No, you're wrong. What WILL get us trophies is getting behind a manager and players who are utter wank, thus validating their awful decisions and performances, and pretending everything is alright, providing no pressure for positive change. At least, according to sycophants and fucking idiots.

Agreed

So its about being a bit better than the s**** we've had, as opposed to actually being good?

Exactly NM

Then we have the right new manager! Woo hoo!! Mid table "good enough"-ness and bleating about the African Cup of Nations here we come!!!

Agreed

No, you're wrong. What WILL get us trophies is getting behind a manager and players who are utter wank, thus validating their awful decisions and performances, and pretending everything is alright, providing no pressure for positive change. At least, according to sycophants and fucking idiots.

Why dont you just chill out and wait to see what transpires. Then you'll know what 'pressure for positive change' actually leads to.

If its shit, no one but yourself to blame. If its good, well done, i doff my cap.

Guest The Libertine

Agreed

No, you're wrong. What WILL get us trophies is getting behind a manager and players who are utter w***, thus validating their awful decisions and performances, and pretending everything is alright, providing no pressure for positive change. At least, according to sycophants and f****** idiots.

i dont know what you're expecting. if you want great players and a great manager, man utd are just down the road. if you want to "support" newcastle, open your eyes and be realistic.

who do you want as the new manager?

For those talking about Redknapp's house, you have to realise that Redknapp lives in what is considered to be the best and most desired property development in Britain.

By getting his house nice and early before it boomed, he is living somewhere that is considered way above the station of someone as rich as Redknapp.

His neighbours include Noel Gallagher and Robbie Williams, and his community is completely gated off and protected from media intrusion. He could of course get a second home, but if he ever got rid of his house, he wouldn't get it back, or even anything comparable.

If a house in that community went up for market, it would see genuine A-Listers like David Beckham, Madonna, Elton John, Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt battling it out in an auction place with bids increasing in increments of half a million pounds.

Wouldn't he just keep the property and get another one?  Hardly difficult to do.

His wife loves the lifestyle apparently.

What? She likes being rich? Never.

Wouldn't he just keep the property and get another one?  Hardly difficult to do.

Not surprised, I can imagine she's like Boyce's lass from Only Fools and Horses, the tacky faux-posh cockney socialite lifestyle in that grubby shithole probably fits her to a tea.

No, she likes hanging around with really famous people.

Ooh, that as well? Fuck me.

Where you getting the info from straight from Harrys missus or your copy of Heat magazine?

Where you getting the info from straight from Harrys missus or your copy of Heat magazine?

OK tbh.