Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

too knee-jerk again from everybody on here, i feel like im becoming the only person who is willing to give everybody their fair run, maybe its the lawyer in me but surely you cant judge somebody ala mort and ashley until the final act has happend?

people on here had a go at them before we even know what was going to happen, nobody even knows yet if we turned redknapp down eventually or if he turned us down, who knows, he could have been on the list like the other boys, we talked, and said we was going to be in touch, we could have wanted a yes from everybody before we made a decision, so we knew who and what we were realistically looking at? not totally unknow to happen, group all the sheep together, find out what your final pickings between then make a final decision

How about judging them on the sheer fact they approached  Nappy first? Eh?  :lol:

Meh, for all we know they approached Mourinho first. Considering Redknapp hadn't even talked to Ashley, which I would guess would be one, if not the most important things to do for an incoming manager (it certainly was for Keegan), not to mention for Ashly himself, i would say it was far from the clear cut case that saggy chops chose to release to the media.

too knee-jerk again from everybody on here, i feel like im becoming the only person who is willing to give everybody their fair run, maybe its the lawyer in me but surely you cant judge somebody ala mort and ashley until the final act has happend?

people on here had a go at them before we even know what was going to happen, nobody even knows yet if we turned redknapp down eventually or if he turned us down, who knows, he could have been on the list like the other boys, we talked, and said we was going to be in touch, we could have wanted a yes from everybody before we made a decision, so we knew who and what we were realistically looking at? not totally unknow to happen, group all the sheep together, find out what your final pickings between then make a final decision

How about judging them on the sheer fact they approached  Nappy first? Eh?  :lol:

Meh, for all we know they approached Mourinho first. Considering Redknapp hadn't even talked to Ashley, which I would guess would be one, if not the most important things to do for an incoming manager (it certainly was for Keegan), not to mention for Ashly himself, i would say it was far from the clear cut case that saggy chops chose to release to the media.

I really wish people would stop saying this. Deeluuuded. :cheesy:

I'm not implying we did or we didn't, the gist was 'who the ferk knows', aimed at you getting all uppity and judgemental that we approached Redknapp, despite having no clue where he was in the pecking order, or who else was sounded out that didn't spout off to the media.

• 4 weeks later...

Given the fixture list, they would have expected Keegan to pick up 3 points against Bolton and Boro and probably got one from saturday.

I think the decision they made is already spectacularly backfiring. Talk of relegation proves this as a point.

We'll be lucky to get 40 points by the end of the season.

Given the fixture list, they would have expected Keegan to pick up 3 points against Bolton and Boro and probably got one from saturday.

I think the decision they made is already spectacularly backfiring. Talk of relegation proves this as a point.

We'll be lucky to get 40 points by the end of the season.

There is no immature unthinking hatred from me towards them, i'm impressed with a lot they have done, they just clearly know less about this football club than i do and i was able to see very clearly that the most pressing issue facing the team was the quality of the players on the pitch.

They decided that the best thing to do was pay debts off (someone mentioned yesterday that a clause was invoked - perhaps the change of ownership spraked a clause as large scale debt is lot to do with personal relationships and trust). What they should have been doing was getting someone with better technical ability in with pace and an eye for goal for the midfield, a striker with pace and strength and maybe a right winger. Their failure to spot this may cost us our premiership status.

I dont think Keegan should be held responsible in the slightest, i think its a bit stupid to think he could waltz into the job with 2 weeks of a Jan transfer window to go and know what was needed. His failure to act is understandable (he did try to sign some players tbf), the people who put him in that position are more accountable for this.

There is no immature unthinking hatred from me towards them, i'm impressed with a lot they have done, they just clearly know less about this football club than i do and i was able to see very clearly that the most pressing issue facing the team was the quality of the players on the pitch.

They decided that the best thing to do was pay debts off (someone mentioned yesterday that a clause was invoked - perhaps the change of ownership spraked a clause as large scale debt is lot to do with personal relationships and trust). What they should have been doing was getting someone with better technical ability in with pace and an eye for goal for the midfield, a striker with pace and strength and maybe a right winger. Their failure to spot this may cost us our premiership status.

I dont think Keegan should be held responsible in the slightest, i think its a bit stupid to think he could waltz into the job with 2 weeks of a Jan transfer window to go and know what was needed. His failure to act is understandable (he did try to sign some players tbf), the people who put him in that position are more accountable for this.

:thup:

thing is we now have to buy three transfer window's worth of players in the summer, if you know what i mean. our summer spending was hampered by the takeover and we failed to adequately replace Solano or Dyer, while the January Transfer window was bolloxed up by the change in manager. if the board think one or two big signings is enough for the summer they're mistaken, we need almost half a team of them.

:thup:

thing is we now have to buy three transfer window's worth of players in the summer, if you know what i mean. our summer spending was hampered by the takeover and we failed to adequately replace Solano or Dyer, while the January Transfer window was bolloxed up by the change in manager. if the board think one or two big signings is enough for the summer they're mistaken, we need almost half a team of them.

As I said in one of my famous threads  :pow: £100m over two windows is what is needed. People who still believe we can get by with one or two signnings are underestimating the 'catch up' we are now involved in.

So, do people still feel Ashley and Mort have failed the first real test? :parky:

Wonder what the feeling is now.

Interested.

Tney failed in the first test, by keeping Fat Sam when they bought the club. Then they moved to limit the damage by getting rid of the useless fat cunt. Then they made an appointment that seems to have been based on a populist policy of supporter-appeasement, rather than a sound business case, and potentially fucked it up again.

So, do people still feel Ashley and Mort have failed the first real test? :parky:

Interested.

Tney failed in the first test, by keeping Fat Sam when they bought the club. Then they moved to limit the damage by getting rid of the useless fat cunt. Then they made an appointment that seems to have been based on a populist policy of supporter-appeasement, rather than a sound business case, and potentially fucked it up again.

I still don't get the feeling that MA is engaging with the club in the correct way. Behind the scenes organisation is better a la Mort no doubts.

Interested.

I still don't get the feeling that MA is engaging with the club in the correct way. Behind the scenes organisation is better a la Mort no doubts.

I would love to know to whom the idea of Dennis Wise and his southern plas joinging the Board seemed like a cracker, for one.

Ashley is trying to do what he did to make his fortune - giving the people what he thinks they want. Thing is, he only looked at a high level ("they are chanting for Shearer, a toon legend. So i'll give them a toon legend"). The fact that the toon legend in question was incapable of operating at the club last time by the end, and has only left one club since with much of his reputation in tact, seemed to pass MA by - he went for the biggest, most populist shock he could. And now I think we are suffering.

The buzz of the KK return was undeniable. The genuine benefit to us is questionable.

Guest Magpiecn

Interested.

Tney failed in the first test, by keeping Fat Sam when they bought the club. Then they moved to limit the damage by getting rid of the useless fat c***. Then they made an appointment that seems to have been based on a populist policy of supporter-appeasement, rather than a sound business case, and potentially f***** it up again.

I dont think its their fault.Because Sam had just come at that time.You cant fire the manager without trying.Not many people could predict the state we are suffering.

For me next season is when i`ll start judging them.

The timelines are crossed. The past and the future make the present. There is a song in the forest the same you remember as a child.....Dreams within dreams... ..there is another between consciousness and illusion...Darkness lies ahead.

Interested.

Tney failed in the first test, by keeping Fat Sam when they bought the club. Then they moved to limit the damage by getting rid of the useless fat c***. Then they made an appointment that seems to have been based on a populist policy of supporter-appeasement, rather than a sound business case, and potentially f***** it up again.

I dont think its their fault.Because Sam had just come at that time.You cant fire the manager without trying.Not many people could predict the state we are suffering.

You buy a business, you should have an idea who you want it run by, and how you want it run. You can't help but get the impression that their naivete about football led to them allowing the status quo to be maintained, until they'd finally realised what a cretin Fat Sam was.

NM I think you are too hasty to write off KK as a manager. You seem to have taken the press line lock stock and barrel that he is destined to fail without giving him any chance at all.

He has only just got his feet under the table FFS.

You make the massive assumption that Ashley has took counsel with some lads at the match in his appointment of KK (another journo line, that one).

Get behind the club man, anyone can sling shit, its dead easy, especially when the press are loading up the bullets for you to fire at your own side.

Doug.

For me next season is when i`ll start judging them.

The timelines are crossed. The past and the future make the present. There is a song in the forest the same you remember as a child.....Dreams within dreams... ..there is another between consciousness and illusion...Darkness lies ahead.

At the moment I'm still pleased they are on board. Stay clear of relegation and I'm certain there will be big investment in the summer. If that doesn't happen I'll hold my hands up but until then no knee-jerking from me.

Behind Ashley 100% :thup:

:clap:

I think the main decision that they have made is still to be proven right or wrong. If KK gets backed to bring in his own set of players in the summer and sort out the squad how he sees it then that could prove to be a decent decision because lets face it, Sam wasn't going to achieve anything of note this season and as long as we don't get relegated then KK can use this time until next season to sort some of the mess out.