Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

Regardless of the details the bottomline is that whatever CHANGES Ashley has initiated they haven't brought stability and footballing results.

He has PAID off the club's debt - that's a massive action no doubt but he simply used his financial assets to pay. 

Leadership wise he has definetely FAILED. In long-term he hasn't been able to inject any inspiration and motivation to his managers, players, club followers and media. Whatever insipiration he was able to inject in hiring KK was already slowly vanishing over the summer for the negative signs coming from the club. The rift between KK and executives is sign of poor management and organization - power games and politics played within the organization. Somewhere along the line Ashley has failed to recruit right personnel and cultivate organization where things that like won't happen or if they do at least they will be eradicated effectively.

Stepping in and making sure that Taylor's contract got sorted out quickly was type of leadership that he needs display more. Do the same with Owen and make sure that all the obstacles will be removed out of KK's way so that he can go on and produce maximum results. The strange behaviour with rumored wage cuts, player sales, recruiting old boys for the backroom jobs, lacklustre performance in the transfer market, etc. etc. does give a image of negative leadership.

In fact I've been really disappointed with Ashley's performance. I thought man with a massive business organization like his would be more talented and competent.

Fair post.

Nobody minds a stronger structure if the right people are in positions of responsibility and there are open lines of communication.

Ashley has filled his shops with cheap crap and built it up. Maybe this is what he's good at. Should have stuck to the formula and bought a shitty little club in the championship that you don't need to spend money on.

I just hope he sells asap to someone who actually wants to succeed at the top level of the game and understands that its only done by buying top footballers that the other top clubs want.

Notably, that having bumped this post, it is seen that the usual culprit has opted out of replying to me when he was found lacking ............

Ok, thats a fair post. So just to make sure I'm getting this right, you don't consider Woodgate and Modric top footballers that other top clubs want? Also, did Chelsea show a lack of ambition in failing to land Robinho ahead of Man City?

edit: i think it's laughable that you have a dig at Ashley for his private business strategy which has made him a billionaire from nothing.

Enlighten me, I didn't realise Woodgate and Modric had signed for Newcastle ?

Or even a top 4 club ?

I don't give a toss how Ashley made his money, he came into this club, knew nothing about football, and proceeded to prove it. Quite amazing that anybody can still not see this after recent events.

This has been coming for months, as obvious as the nose on your face.

Woodgate and Modric didn't sign for Newcastle, that's as obvious to me as the nose on my face, aye, i agree. not so obvious the rest of it. Fact is, Keegan mentioned Woodgate, Modric and even Nasri as players we have either bid for, or were looking at. Woodgate and Modric joined the Spurs "revolution", a London club playing in Europe, who's manager had just won 2 european trophies on the bounce. Nasri joined Arsenal. We tried to get them, but they chose not to come. How the f*** that is Ashley's fault I'll never know.

What's as obvious as the nose on your face is that the club is still recovering from the bullshit it had endured in the last few years of Shepherd's reign. We were in so much "trouble" that most fans were delighted with the Messiah coming back, because we could all feel that the club needed "saving".

Now let's give this lot a bit of time to signal their intentions and proceed with their plan. Fact is, whether you like it or not, Ashley owns the club, and will run it the way he wants to. In principle, he's already made a few positive changes which cannot be ignored. Yes he's also made a few mistakes, but who doesn't. How he recovers from these mistakes and builds on the positives, will determine whether or not he has failed us.

As has been said, to suggest that a man who bought the club a year ago has "failed" us, or even ask it, is as deluded and pathetic an idea as they come.

Well for starters, it wasn't me who titled this thread, it was Parky. Even though I agree with him and would go further, thats not the point.

Are you saying losing Keegan - and replacing him with who exactly - is a price worth paying ?

I know who I would rather lose.

As for "bullshit", don't make me laugh. 2 years ago we were in europe. And 52,000 fans we still supporting the club. Some bullshit. I can show you what s*** is, its the state the Halls and Shepherd found the club in, thats s***.

Don't bother replying with bollocks about stadium debt, that stadium is an asset to the club, and all the other major clubs have similar or higher debts for exactly the same reason. The alternative is yuo think they should have kept it at a 36,000 capacity, and if you seriously think THAT, then you deserve to watch a club selling itself short which will ultimately only lead to the crowds going back down to 36000 anyway and less.

Stadium debt was manageable i thought, didn't everyone know that?

Thought problem was we were running a bit dry (transfer funds) having given loads of money to an idiot like Souness and then drifting away with a man out of his depth, Roeder. Wouldn't have been surprised if we didn't have too much in the pot. We would've needed a good manager to get us up the table which increases revenue.

Didn't look like BSA was gonna be that man tbh.

Let's hope KK can.

Shame, you can be astute but you've so blatently got an agenda you're weakening a good arguement by behaving like a bairn.

Going for Rooney was great because it showed ambition, even though we didn't get him.

Going for Modric was rubbish because it showed no ambition, and this is down to the fact we didn't get him.

:lol:

So you've learned nothing this week either then ?

Something's not right at the club. As far as you and I know, they're working on it. The current situation is a farce and the buck stops with Ashley for that as the man ultimately in charge.

I was just pointing out some slight hypocrisy in terms of the Rooney and Modric bids. We failed to get either, so IMO they can be judged in the same way.

Hugely disappointing chomp tbh. ;)

Something is wrong, aren't you just a genius  ;D

This poxy setup was never going to work with Keegan, and it wouldn't work with most managers, the same as boards with small ambitions won't work at Newcastle.

Do you seriously think Ashley is going to learn his lesson now ?

Basically, if Keegan doesn't come back, you have your answer.

I'm fed up trying to tell people that small ambition won't work at this club. An increasing number of people ie new posters, are seeing it this way, but it appears that even the events of this week still can't make some of you realise this.

Certain other people, I gave up with anyway.

I don't consider bidding for Rooney to be hypocrisy at all, we just had no chance of getting him when ManU came in. Totally different kettle of fish to a poxy club like spurs. If Modric and Woodgate had gone to ManU and not Spurs, I wouldn't take the same view either.

The last time Keegan was our manager, we offloaded our shite to Spurs.

You're right it would be easier to blame Ashley if he actually had a clue what was going on.

We could go round in circles about this for ages, obviously we have different views about the merits of the new owner.

But if you mean that Ashley doesn't have a clue what's going on, then you don't know that and neither does anyone else.

Look.

None of us are party to 'the facts' and in these situations we probably never will be. But I know what I see...I see a man who loves the club and even with mighty odds stacked against him has got an average side to play spells of good football (even a respectable draw at ManU)...I see a man who is clearly our key asset behaving like a person who clearly feels alienated and fed up with things around him.

Regardless of the details the bottomline is that whatever CHANGES Ashley has initiated they haven't brought stability and footballing results.

He has PAID off the club's debt - that's a massive action no doubt but he simply used his financial assets to pay. 

Leadership wise he has definetely FAILED. In long-term he hasn't been able to inject any inspiration and motivation to his managers, players, club followers and media. Whatever insipiration he was able to inject in hiring KK was already slowly vanishing over the summer for the negative signs coming from the club. The rift between KK and executives is sign of poor management and organization - power games and politics played within the organization. Somewhere along the line Ashley has failed to recruit right personnel and cultivate organization where things that like won't happen or if they do at least they will be eradicated effectively.

Stepping in and making sure that Taylor's contract got sorted out quickly was type of leadership that he needs display more. Do the same with Owen and make sure that all the obstacles will be removed out of KK's way so that he can go on and produce maximum results. The strange behaviour with rumored wage cuts, player sales, recruiting old boys for the backroom jobs, lacklustre performance in the transfer market, etc. etc. does give a image of negative leadership.

In fact I've been really disappointed with Ashley's performance. I thought man with a massive business organization like his would be more talented and competent.

Fair post.

Nobody minds a stronger structure if the right people are in positions of responsibility and there are open lines of communication.

Ashley has filled his shops with cheap crap and built it up. Maybe this is what he's good at. Should have stuck to the formula and bought a shitty little club in the championship that you don't need to spend money on.

I just hope he sells asap to someone who actually wants to succeed at the top level of the game and understands that its only done by buying top footballers that the other top clubs want.

Notably, that having bumped this post, it is seen that the usual culprit has opted out of replying to me when he was found lacking ............

Ok, thats a fair post. So just to make sure I'm getting this right, you don't consider Woodgate and Modric top footballers that other top clubs want? Also, did Chelsea show a lack of ambition in failing to land Robinho ahead of Man City?

edit: i think it's laughable that you have a dig at Ashley for his private business strategy which has made him a billionaire from nothing.

Or even a top 4 club ?

I don't give a toss how Ashley made his money, he came into this club, knew nothing about football, and proceeded to prove it. Quite amazing that anybody can still not see this after recent events.

Woodgate and Modric didn't sign for Newcastle, that's as obvious to me as the nose on my face, aye, i agree. not so obvious the rest of it. Fact is, Keegan mentioned Woodgate, Modric and even Nasri as players we have either bid for, or were looking at. Woodgate and Modric joined the Spurs "revolution", a London club playing in Europe, who's manager had just won 2 european trophies on the bounce. Nasri joined Arsenal. We tried to get them, but they chose not to come. How the f*** that is Ashley's fault I'll never know.

What's as obvious as the nose on your face is that the club is still recovering from the bullshit it had endured in the last few years of Shepherd's reign. We were in so much "trouble" that most fans were delighted with the Messiah coming back, because we could all feel that the club needed "saving".

Now let's give this lot a bit of time to signal their intentions and proceed with their plan. Fact is, whether you like it or not, Ashley owns the club, and will run it the way he wants to. In principle, he's already made a few positive changes which cannot be ignored. Yes he's also made a few mistakes, but who doesn't. How he recovers from these mistakes and builds on the positives, will determine whether or not he has failed us.

As has been said, to suggest that a man who bought the club a year ago has "failed" us, or even ask it, is as deluded and pathetic an idea as they come.

Well for starters, it wasn't me who titled this thread, it was Parky. Even though I agree with him and would go further, thats not the point.

Are you saying losing Keegan - and replacing him with who exactly - is a price worth paying ?

As for "bullshit", don't make me laugh. 2 years ago we were in europe. And 52,000 fans we still supporting the club. Some bullshit. I can show you what s*** is, its the state the Halls and Shepherd found the club in, thats s***.

Don't bother replying with bollocks about stadium debt, that stadium is an asset to the club, and all the other major clubs have similar or higher debts for exactly the same reason. The alternative is yuo think they should have kept it at a 36,000 capacity, and if you seriously think THAT, then you deserve to watch a club selling itself short which will ultimately only lead to the crowds going back down to 36000 anyway and less.

Thought problem was we were running a bit dry (transfer funds) having given loads of money to an idiot like Souness and then drifting away with a man out of his depth, Roeder. Wouldn't have been surprised if we didn't have too much in the pot. We would've needed a good manager to get us up the table which increases revenue.

Let's hope KK can.

Shame, you can be astute but you've so blatently got an agenda you're weakening a good arguement by behaving like a bairn.

You are entitled to your opinion. I suspect that what I say, rather than saying its "like a bairn" is simply what you don't want to hear.

The bulk of the debt was due to the stadium, was it not ? And yes, it was "manageable". I'm pleased you see this, sadly, it appears that others do not.

I too wasn't happy with Souness behaving like a trigger happy clown with the clubs money, both in sales and purchases, but unfortunately you will have to accept that the people who run the club have to be entitled to make their own decisions and stand or fall by them.

They don't employ managers with the intention of not doing their best to back them, well the old board didn't anyway.........of course they backed their man, it wasn't up to me, or you, or Dave, or HTT. He was their appointment. You aren't going to tell me that you have never worked anywhere, found a shite manager, and said to yourself "what knacker appointed him" ?

It happens everywhere, and it also happens at all other football clubs. Its just life. You back people you appoint, until you feel he has to be sacked.

I don't quite buy into this 'didnt replace Milner' argument. If we're looking at 4-3-1-2 system which looks the case, then there was no role for Milner anyway, plus Nacho, Guthrie, Jonas and Xisco have came in who all suit that formation a lot more than Milner, so he's more than been replaced in terms of that formation imo.

You're right it would be easier to blame Ashley if he actually had a clue what was going on.

We could go round in circles about this for ages, obviously we have different views about the merits of the new owner.

But if you mean that Ashley doesn't have a clue what's going on, then you don't know that and neither does anyone else.

Look.

None of us are party to 'the facts' and in these situations we probably never will be. But I know what I see...I see a man who loves the club and even with mighty odds stacked against him has got an average side to play spells of good football (even a respectable draw at ManU)...I see a man who is clearly our key asset behaving like a person who clearly feels alienated and fed up with things around him.

It just couldn't be more clear.

Look.

I'm so sorry to be boring, you don't 'see' it you percieve it and there is a difference.

Most relationships break down when both parties are guilty of something. I sincerely hope the relationship between KK and Fat Ash can recover and blossom along with our results. However, there may be a better and alternate future out there, not necassarily disasterous just because KK isn't involved.

You never know.

Look.

Yeah, I agree with that.

All we don't know is what has made him feel like that and whether he's justified.

I'm not arguing against Keegan, I love the guy.

Fair post.

Or even a top 4 club ?

Let's hope KK can.

You are entitled to your opinion. I suspect that what I say, rather than saying its "like a bairn" is simply what you don't want to hear.

The bulk of the debt was due to the stadium, was it not ? And yes, it was "manageable". I'm pleased you see this, sadly, it appears that others do not.

I too wasn't happy with Souness behaving like a trigger happy clown with the clubs money, both in sales and purchases, but unfortunately you will have to accept that the people who run the club have to be entitled to make their own decisions and stand or fall by them.

They don't employ managers with the intention of not doing their best to back them, well the old board didn't anyway.........of course they backed their man, it wasn't up to me, or you, or Dave, or HTT. He was their appointment. You aren't going to tell me that you have never worked anywhere, found a s**** manager, and said to yourself "what knacker appointed him" ?

It happens everywhere, and it also happens at all other football clubs. Its just life. You back people you appoint, until you feel he has to be sacked.

I agree with that. I think the old board earnt their right to make mistakes. They done a lot right.

This lot i just don't know about. KK says there's money available, says we've made bids, we haven't got the players, such is life. Spurs looked a better team than us (until they sold Berbs and Keane), couple of players went there instead. Oh well.

I am deeply pissed off though because i think we've missed an opportunity. Liverpool look average, if we've have bought better we could have had a run at the 4th spot, now Man City will have a crack at it instead. As to what went wrong (assuming we don't have a great season cause we might), i don't know who to blame. But i think mistakes have been made, if Ashley learns from them, all good, if not fuck off. I'll not jump the gun though and start assuming what happened. It's too easy to let the heart do the thinking in these situations, we don't follow football for anything else tbh.

Fair post.

Or even a top 4 club ?

Let's hope KK can.

They don't employ managers with the intention of not doing their best to back them, well the old board didn't anyway.........of course they backed their man, it wasn't up to me, or you, or Dave, or HTT. He was their appointment. You aren't going to tell me that you have never worked anywhere, found a s**** manager, and said to yourself "what knacker appointed him" ?

I agree with that. I think the old board earnt their right to make mistakes. They done a lot right.

This lot i just don't know about. KK says there's money available, says we've made bids, we haven't got the players, such is life. Spurs looked a better team than us (until they sold Berbs and Keane), couple of players went there instead. Oh well.

I am deeply pissed off though because i think we've missed an opportunity. Liverpool look average, if we've have bought better we could have had a run at the 4th spot, now Man City will have a crack at it instead. As to what went wrong (assuming we don't have a great season cause we might), i don't know who to blame. But i think mistakes have been made, if Ashley learns from them, all good, if not fuck off. I'll not jump the gun though and start assuming what happened. It's too easy to let the heart do the thinking in these situations, we don't follow football for anything else tbh.

Fair comment.

A lot of it frustration, cause in all honesty most on this board were really looking forward to this season.

Just one question (which I've asked before):

How do you compete for "top players" against Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool and now City without their revenue stream?

I see NE5 with his talk of ambition still hasn't answered that one. As for Parky, if it was up to him we would never have appointed Keegan in the first place so this is all a bit rich.

Look.

I'm so sorry to be boring, you don't 'see' it you percieve it and there is a difference.

Most relationships break down when both parties are guilty of something. I sincerely hope the relationship between KK and Fat Ash can recover and blossom along with our results. However, there may be a better and alternate future out there, not necassarily disasterous just because KK isn't involved.

You never know.

that is of course true, but its very sad if Keegan comes a cropper just for caring about the club and genuinely wanting to be successful.

Its like the player who reacts to a kick in the face with a punch in the nose and the other guy getting away with it.

Nobody deserves to manage the club to a trophy and gatecrashing the top 4 again more than Keegan does.

I don't think Ashley will learn - enough - from this episode to be the man to continue leading the clubs fortunes as owner. He will have to pull one hell of a rabbit out of the hat, and has lost a lot of trust from people who had trust in him. Personally, I never really had it, so it appears to me that we need someone else with more footballing understanding. What I mean is I always though this, but now it can't come quickly enough.

I'm not very pleased as a person who paid 3 years season ticket money, and found that Keegans concurrent 3 years as manager has probably came to an end before it hardly started. But I would have paid the money anyway, it was too good a saving to turn down. Others however will feel differently about this. It makes me wonder if there was any intent about it, because we don't appear to have seen it ?

We'll see what happens.

Look.

You never know.

that is of course true, but its very sad if Keegan comes a cropper just for caring about the club and genuinely wanting to be successful.

Its like the player who reacts to a kick in the face with a punch in the nose and the other guy getting away with it.

Nobody deserves to manage the club to a trophy and gatecrashing the top 4 again more than Keegan does.

I don't think Ashley will learn - enough - from this episode to be the man to continue leading the clubs fortunes as owner. He will have to pull one hell of a rabbit out of the hat, and has lost a lot of trust from people who had trust in him. Personally, I never really had it, so it appears to me that we need someone else with more footballing understanding. What I mean is I always though this, but now it can't come quickly enough.

I'm not very pleased as a person who paid 3 years season ticket money, and found that Keegans concurrent 3 years as manager has probably came to an end before it hardly started. But I would have paid the money anyway, it was too good a saving to turn down. Others however will feel differently about this. It makes me wonder if there was any intent about it, because we don't appear to have seen it ?

We'll see what happens.

the truest thing you've ever said

If Ashley doesn't learn then he should appoint someone with some nous. In the end, i think that was a failure of the last board, didn't know a good football man from a bad one, made a couple of unfortunate apointments in a row. Easy to slide down the table, harder to get back up it.

Hoping we get bought out by an investment group is weird though. What does anyone think they want out if it? This Indian fella doesn't want to get into football (if at all) for the joy of it, for a pint and a tear up. I doubt he's interested in spreading his fame across the North East either. Rich men want to get richer.

Manure have money based on being very successful, built up with a big fan base and great manager.

Arsenal have got the best manager.

Liverpool are struggling, that ships rocking.

Chelsea are an exception, at the moment. At some point RA might decide enough's enough.

Clubs like Man City and West Ham, their owners will want to see a return, if it doesn't come heads will roll. Don't care how rich the Man City bloke is, he won't keep pissing his money away on a load of infidel glory super stars who don't win the CL. If he was into charity he'd have fed half of Africa instead.

Fair post.

Or even a top 4 club ?

Let's hope KK can.

Well, I was reading this when I got the news.

All I can say and its general not a reply to an excellent post there mate, is that I'm absolutely gutted, this is the first time a manager has walked out like this since McKeag and Westwoods days. Nobody can dispute this. So much for fucking bastard Mike Ashley.

Fair post.

Or even a top 4 club ?

Let's hope KK can.

Well, I was reading this and was going to reply when I got the news.

All I can say and its general not a reply to an excellent post there mate, is that I'm absolutely gutted, this is the first time a manager has walked out like this since McKeag and Westwoods days. Nobody can dispute this. So much for fucking bastard Mike Ashley.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS