£20m kitty

steve_69

Do we really want a striker?  It's our best area.  Viduka, Owen, Martins, Smith, Shola.

If that's our best position then god help us.

Smith and Ameobi! Who's Owen?

Guest bluegeordie

Although I may not be entirely happy, at this point in time one genuinely class creative attacking midfielder and another 10 physios (for said midfielder) would satisfy me.

Van der Vaart? Diego? Deco? Arshavin?

No need, imho, for more forwards - they cannot make bricks without clay.

Oh, and a change of captain wouldn't hurt either. Beye, preferably ... with Smudge being loaned out to, hmm, Antarctica FC might do.   

I think that's a bit harsh on Geremi to be honest. He hasn't become a shit player overnight, he's just been playing to the instructions of a very unimaginative manager. Same goes for Smith.

I'm sure they were both just as frustrated as us.

Ashton is a class striker, f*** Peter Crouch.

I reckon £9m would be enough to sign Ashton.

I fail to see why West Ham would want to sell their best striker (maybe best player, period) for anything other than completely silly money. It's not like they're a selling club anymore, and I doubt Ashton will be up in arms about wanting to go to Newcastle.

Realistically we should be looking at maybe one midfielder and one defender. And Crouch if he gets thrown at us for 8m or less I suppose.

Sell Smith to Boro they need a striker-then replace Emre with Borowski from Werder Bremen-Deco and Van der Vaart seem slightly out our range at the moment.

Barnes -rw

Zapater or Kroldrup are 2 very good centre halves playing for Udinese.

If we cant get any then just get Campbell to shore up the defence for 6 months,get over 42 points and start properly next season.

Kroldrup plays for Fiorentina now. We sold him after 6months and 2games.

Sell Smith to Boro they need a striker-then replace Emre with Borowski from Werder Bremen-Deco and Van der Vaart seem slightly out our range at the moment.

Barnes -rw

Zapater or Kroldrup are 2 very good centre halves playing for Udinese.

If we cant get any then just get Campbell to shore up the defence for 6 months,get over 42 points and start properly next season.

Kroldrup plays for Fiorentina now. We sold him after 6months and 2games.

Felipe is the other good Udinese centre back

Guest bluegeordie

I think that's a bit harsh on Geremi to be honest. He hasn't become a shit player overnight, he's just been playing to the instructions of a very unimaginative manager. Same goes for Smith.

I'm sure they were both just as frustrated as us.

Smith's been a shit player in the making for a long time tbf, which is why many of us seriously questioned his signing in the first place.

I may have been harsh in suggesting Antarctica FC as a possible loan destination for Smith, but can anyone help out by naming the southern-most team in Argentina? ;)

As for Geremi, if used correctly then I'm still convinced he can be an asset to the squad ... if not the first-choice starting line-up.   

Guest jimmy1982

Well I doubt we'll get that many proven top class players in this transfer window, so I'd settle for just one signing, and I'd hope that'd be a midfielder who can pass. Could be an ageing pro on the way down, like when he bought Prosinecki at Portsmouth (I'm assuming that we're getting Redknapp btw), I wouldn't mind. At least then we might keep it on the deck and try to beat some teams, particularly the poorer ones, by passing it through them. Then he can use the rest of the season to work out which of the squad he likes and which players he wants to buy. So then as soon as the transfer window opens in the summer he can pounce like a cheetah, with 100 million sportworld pounds stashed in his big fat cockney wallet, and blow the football world's socks off with some truly astonishing transfer deals. 

it's 'Arry for gawd sake, he's a cert to bring it at least 3 - 5 players this month!

Diarra's bound to be one as Pompy have been monitoring his situation as well, plus we need a decent defender in to steady the ship and of course theres the obvious need for an attacking/creative midfielder! (&a pacey right winger while we're being greedy!)

This crap about our strikers being good, BALLS!

Big vids just hasn't looked good for us, albeit with poor service, we all know the story with owen and its 'grinding my gears' to be honest! If a bid came in I'd take it, although you just know as soon as he left us he would stay injury free the rest of his career and score bagfulls!

Shola needs to go and Oba is just not consistent enough, as with Smudge!

So I feel we do need at least one new forward, whilst getting rid of a couple too!

Ideally it would go something like this...

Ooot: Ameobi/Owen/Viduka

In: Fred/Defoe/Crouch

If we sign Ashton i'll take a contract out on Harry myself. He's a very poor mans Shearer.

OUT

Martins (£8-10m)

Shola (£1m)

Carr (Anything!)

Lets say that gives us close to £30 million....

IN

Campbell (£2m)

Arshavin (£7m)

Alves (£12)

Stearman (£1/2m)

Kolarov (£6m)

Alves for 12 pounds, bargain!