I would rather have Shearer than Redknapp

Delima

Would be mental to appoint Shearer with no experience. He could succeed, but then he could get us relegated. Who would he buy? what tactics would he use? who knows.

Bringing in Alan Shearer would be the biggest mistake Newcastle could make, if there going to bring him in then have him work under Redknapp ala Tony Adams to give him so experience of day to day coaching.

As an out and out manager not a chance but he could be useful as a coach or assistant manager.

Harry Redknapp is massively underrated, and many will say look at his record, meaning that he hasnt won anything, but then again neither did 'the messiah' Kevin Keegan.

Redknapp is probably the best english manager when the transfer market is concerned and he plays attacking football with a solid defence which is apparently what Mike Ashley is looking for.

So Shearer NO, Redknapp YES

Bringing in Alan Shearer would be the biggest mistake Newcastle could make, if there going to bring him in then have him work under Redknapp ala Tony Adams to give him so experience of day to day coaching.

As an out and out manager not a chance but he could be useful as a coach or assistant manager.

Harry Redknapp is massively underrated, and many will say look at his record, meaning that he hasnt won anything, but then again neither did 'the messiah' Kevin Keegan.

Redknapp is probably the best english manager when the transfer market is concerned and he plays attacking football with a solid defence which is apparently what Mike Ashley is looking for.

So Shearer NO, Redknapp YES

?

29.12.07 Portsmouth 0 Middlesbrough 1

26.12.07 Portsmouth 0 Arsenal 0

15.12.07 Portsmouth 0 Tottenham 1

01.12.07 Portsmouth 0 Everton 0

11.11.07 Portsmouth 0 Man City 0

27.10.07 Portsmouth 0 West Ham 0

some people are writing off this whole inexperience thing far too much.

Keane - got sunderland promoted, and, dare I say it, kept them there for a season (?)

Ince - MK Dons top of the league

Klinsmann - 3rd place at the WC

van Basten - havn't noticed too much, but achieved more than McLaren in actually qualifying

and to really clutch at straws

Southgate - at least he didn't take the smogs down........yet

Keane - got sunderland promoted, and, dare I say it, kept them there for a season (?)

van Basten - havn't noticed too much, but achieved more than McLaren in actually qualifying

plus Klinsmann given one of biggest jobs in world now

Bayern

Listening to Shearer on Match of the Day is almost as bad as listening to Ian Wright he just repeats the same thing over and over, plus what will happen if he fails dramatically and we go down?

will fans still feel the same way about Big Al, surely he isnt stupid enough to go into the job with no experience which could hurt his affiliation with the club.

like i say bring in Redknapp and have Shearer as a coach and later Assistant manager

plus Klinsmann given one of biggest jobs in world now

Bayern

yup.

Not 100% for Shearer, I just feel that people are jumping to conclusions saying it would be a disaster.

Tbh, I like to take risks and I'd honestly be more excited with Shearer announced than Redknapp.  I like the prospect of not knowing what to expect.

I'd rather have Shearer as well but for different reasons.

Shearer's shadow looms large and I would rather we did it now (in a season where relegation is highly unlikley) and take the plunge. Its going to happen anyway - someday and I woudl rather we got over with it. He'll either succeeed (less than 10% chance of that happening) or he'll fail - but then the next manager will have a clean slate and won't have to have the legacy of SHearer threatening him.

Listening to Shearer on Match of the Day is almost as bad as listening to Ian Wright he just repeats the same thing over and over, plus what will happen if he fails dramatically and we go down?

will fans still feel the same way about Big Al, surely he isnt stupid enough to go into the job with no experience which could hurt his affiliation with the club.

like i say bring in Redknapp and have Shearer as a coach and later Assistant manager

He's going to come some time and i think he'll go straight into management (no coaching) like Keane.  Is he not better going into a 'revolution' situation rather than taking over an established, good team.

Guest elbee909

"Newcastle fans would rather we won the FA cup than the league" - Alan Shearer

Boils my piss everytime he says that.

It's simply not true.  Falsehood.

"Newcastle fans would rather we won the FA cup than the league" - Alan Shearer

Boils my piss everytime he says that.

It's simply not true.  Falsehood.

If Shearer doesnt know what we as fans want then who the hel does. There  are so many myths about nufc.

I'd rather have Shearer as well but for different reasons.

Shearer's shadow looms large and I would rather we did it now (in a season where relegation is highly unlikley) and take the plunge. Its going to happen anyway - someday and I woudl rather we got over with it. He'll either succeeed (less than 10% chance of that happening) or he'll fail - but then the next manager will have a clean slate and won't have to have the legacy of SHearer threatening him.

I agree with this reasoning.

Guest shaun11177

Shearer would give the club a huge boost, whereas Redknapp just leaves everyone as deflated as before-crikey Rijkaard took over at Barcelona after getting Sparta Rotterdam relegated and that was his only job.

The key is good players and Shearer maybe can attract players better than Redknapp, as long as Ashley backs him with money just like John Hall did with KK.

Shearer would give the club a huge boost, whereas Redknapp just leaves everyone as deflated as before-crikey Rijkaard took over at Barcelona after getting Sparta Rotterdam relegated and that was his only job.

The key is good players and Shearer maybe can attract players better than Redknapp, as long as Ashley backs him with money just like John Hall did with KK.

Agree here, the club needs nothing more than a massive lift to get the crowd back behind the team and unless were going to get a top class manager like Mourinho in....I can only see Shearer lifting the crowds spirits. As said above, Redknapp is just another so so appointment like Souness, Sam etc were....he isn't going to get the place buzzing with excitement.

Do agree it's a big risk but what the hell, I'm fed up of all these average prem managers coming and going within 2 seasons.....at least Shearer has the potential and should be given time which is what we really need to give a manager. I really can't see us being in danger of relegation with him at the helm...aslong as Ashley is behind him with cash, it'd take something very drastic to get it so wrong.

Also he's been around football long enough to know the in's and out's of the daily running of a club, sure he's inexperienced but everyone's got to start somewhere....if he's good enough it doesn't matter where he starts. Only time will telll I guess....

Shearer is a Legend weshould have him with Kenny Dalglish as his assistant.

Dogleash acting as the wise old head to a young manager who's first job is gaffer at a well supported club it has been done before with devastating effect.

Shearer is a Legend weshould have him with Kenny Dalglish as his assistant.

Dogleash acting as the wise old head to a young manager who's first job is gaffer at a well supported club it has been done before with devastating effect.

Someone like Dalglish or Keegan working alongside Shearer and I might go along with it. The time to worry is if he brings in his cronies like Lee & Speed who also have no experience.