Definitely Ashley - "I want our team to be admired for brilliant football"

nufc4eva

So he's now apparently paid off all of the debt?! Bloody hell.

He's going to get much more hands on?! Bloody hell.

All he wants to do is play attacking football and win trophies. Bloody hell.

Obviously actions speak louder than words, but the prospect of this combined with Alan Shearer at the helm has me wetting my kecks.

Shearer?

Here's how I feel about Shearer ... I think he would be a good manager but as far as buying players goes I think he would struggle massively.

I think Shearer would be the sort to always go after Brits. Shearer would have bought someone like Smith too.

Does he really have the knowledge of world football that will allow us to get the best players we possibly could to the club?

That would be my biggest worry.

That's what scouts are for... that's what all the talk of him being paired with a more experienced head is for.

NUFC/Shearer have some massive brains at their disposal when it comes to football, Robson, Keegan, Dalglish, he wouldn't be simply left to sink or swim.

Obviously actions speak louder than words, but the prospect of this combined with Alan Shearer at the helm has me wetting my kecks.

Shearer?

Here's how I feel about Shearer ... I think he would be a good manager but as far as buying players goes I think he would struggle massively.

I think Shearer would be the sort to always go after Brits. Shearer would have bought someone like Smith too.

Does he really have the knowledge of world football that will allow us to get the best players we possibly could to the club?

Hasnt exactly got contacts either, would take ages for him to set up a world wide scout system.

Okay, so what managers come to mind when you thing brilliant attacking football though?

I can kind of see why he went for redknapp, but lets put that to the side for now.

Who could they possibly be considering now? The likes of Mourinho, Lippi and even Houllier don't exactly scream out attacking football.

I haven't paid much attention to football around the other big leagues in Europe this season, has any team played particularly exciting attking football? Any team whose manager we might be interested in speaking too?

Van Gaal. They can't defend for s*** though :D

Wullie - talking about debts; Man United still owe over £600m for the two loans they took out (from an American bank and an American company, so our country don't even benefit from it). They announce this week that they're once again the richest club in England (although only because of turnover). I think our financial future looks far rosier than theirs, despite their massive assets.

3rd richest club in england?

Who, us? I doubt it at the moment.

"Let's get this straight. I paid £140million to buy this club.

"I've also paid off £100million worth of debt so today this club doesn't owe a buck to anyone.

"And I also gave Sam funds for new players.

"Yet I've been hammered by certain people and for what?

Playing the martyr eight months in. 

Acting like we're a charity case and he's done us a big favour.

putting the tin hat on, the continued emphasis on how much he's invested in the club, in terms of debt (nice to hear we dont owe anything!) and backing allardyce, suggests that he isn't exactly thrilled to pour yet more money into the club. and while he gave funds to allardyce it was more a case of a million or two here and there, and not the big spending we'd love to see.

Enrique, Smith and Barton were hardly cheap.

"I've also paid off £100million worth of debt so today this club doesn't owe a buck to anyone.

Erm, are you joking? He's got every right tbh

he would be terrible in the transfer market.

Why?

i guarantee you he wouldn't of heard of half the players doing good things in Italy, Portgual, Spain etc.  Therefore i don't see many foreign signings and sticking to 'good, honest' players

Shearer?

you didn't read my post and steal it did you lol.

I do 100% agree though

we were and he has

Shearer?

Hasnt exactly got contacts either, would take ages for him to set up a world wide scout system.

The head of scouting Paul Montgomery is one of the most respected club scouts in Europe & is putting a team scouts georpahically spread across UK & Europe.

Shearer?

The head of scouting Paul Montgomery is one of the most respected club scouts in Europe & is putting a team scouts georpahically spread across UK & Europe.

so there you miserable curr :crazy2:

we were and he has

He hasn't paid OUR debt off, he's paid HIS debt off. He hasn't given US any money. He's invested it in HIS business, from which HE will get the profits.

Falling hook line and sinker for the old Shepherd guff.

Okay, so what managers come to mind when you thing brilliant attacking football though?

I can kind of see why he went for redknapp, but lets put that to the side for now.

Who could they possibly be considering now? The likes of Mourinho, Lippi and even Houllier don't exactly scream out attacking football.

I haven't paid much attention to football around the other big leagues in Europe this season, has any team played particularly exciting attking football? Any team whose manager we might be interested in speaking too?

Van Gaal, Ancelotti, Scolari, all reknowned for there attacking style. Also big big targets.  Rijkaard? I dunno there are options, but to go to Redknapp so soon before anyone else seems odd to me.

ancelotti?? muyst be one of the most conservative managers around, milan are the wingless wonders. scolari was more famed for his defensive, aggressive, brutal football in brazil, why he earned the sobriquet "big phil", ie brazilian equivalent to "big sam" (which a few reporters did call him a few years ago) plus he played a million defensive midfielders for brazil in 2002. van gaal i'll give you.

i wonder if ashley might "park his tanks" on shinawatra's lawn and make a cheeky bid for sven...

we were and he has

He hasn't paid OUR debt off, he's paid HIS debt off. He hasn't given US any money. He's invested it in HIS business, which he'll get the profits.

SSR a few minutes ago

http://www.virtualmuseum.ca/Exhibitions/Folklore/images/fisherman.jpg

he would be terrible in the transfer market.

Why?

i guarantee you he wouldn't of heard of half the players doing good things in Italy, Portgual, Spain etc.  Therefore i don't see many foreign signings and sticking to 'good, honest' players

Shearer?

you didn't read my post and steal it did you lol.

I do 100% agree though

:laugh:

Never even saw that! Definitely feel the same way you do though.

We really do need a manager who knows his players because we really need some better players at this club right now.

putting the tin hat on, the continued emphasis on how much he's invested in the club, in terms of debt (nice to hear we dont owe anything!) and backing allardyce, suggests that he isn't exactly thrilled to pour yet more money into the club. and while he gave funds to allardyce it was more a case of a million or two here and there, and not the big spending we'd love to see.

Enrique, Smith and Barton were hardly cheap.

£6m each, hardly the kind of money to transform us, and in this market i'd say that's inexpensive. also unclear how much of that was from his pocket.

Shearer?

Not one of Allardyces men is he?

we were and he has

He hasn't paid OUR debt off, he's paid HIS debt off. He hasn't given US any money. He's invested it in HIS business, from which HE will get the profits.

You were happier when the club owed over £70m then?

He won't make profit from Newcasle United. Where's he going to make £250m back? Even Man United don't manage that.

we were and he has

So if he appoints a good manager and he does well, it'll be HIS success, not YOURS.

Van Gaal, Ancelotti, Scolari, all reknowned for there attacking style. Also big big targets.  Rijkaard? I dunno there are options, but to go to Redknapp so soon before anyone else seems odd to me.

ancelotti?? muyst be one of the most conservative managers around, milan are the wingless wonders. scolari was more famed for his defensive, aggressive, brutal football in brazil, why he earned the sobriquet "big phil", ie brazilian equivalent to "big sam" (which a few reporters did call him a few years ago) plus he played a million defensive midfielders for brazil in 2002. van gaal i'll give you.

i wonder if ashley might "park his tanks" on shinawatra's lawn and make a cheeky bid for sven...

Agreed about Big Phil and Ancelotti. It is difficult to see hwich way we will turn now.

I know Didier Deschamps is available and is interested in a premier league job but I can't remember what kind of football his Monaco team played when they did so well?

Jol might be an option, but is he really that good?

Did they nail Ashley for this interview when he was smashed in Hong Kong?

A very heart on the sleeve rant.. Means well thats for sure, but I just hope who ever the hell he is turning to to advise him has a decent knowledge of football.

Its a pipe dream, but he has come to the right place.