Pace set to pick up?

Dave

Guest Guinness

We need whoever the new manager is going to be in as soon as possible. Hopefully with Mike now back we'll have it sorted by the Bolton game.

Where's all this shortlist info coming from? Something in the papers i've missed?!

As for the British thing, SSN all of a sudden dropped it from their list of requirements then tried to peddle out some bollocks about how we had changed our criteria since Redknapp turned us down / went public...

Where's all this shortlist info coming from? Something in the papers i've missed?!

As for the British thing, SSN all of a sudden dropped it from their list of requirements then tried to peddle out some bollocks about how we had changed our criteria since Redknapp turned us down / went public...

SSN talk bollox. iirc, the British thing was dropped just after it was announced. Way before Redknapp had given his answer.

both the Journal and Northern Echo my local newspaper also and some natioanl newspapers

I think we could have got Hiddink had Russia not qualified for Euro 08 but there is no way he'll walk out on them prior to the Euro Championships and i don't really want Pearson in charge for the rest of the season, so i don't really see how it would work?

Houlier will do me very nicely!

He is not managing a club atm and all signs seem to be he would take it!

He is really well respected in the game and has previous experience of managing a massive, demanding club in England!

Couple that with his astute tactics and his excellent knowledge of European football(would have a good scouting sytstem and players will want to play for him ala sven!) and I think we have the perfect candidate for the job!

the revolution starts here, VIVE LE REVOLUTION!

He is really well respected in the game and has previous experience of managing a massive, demanding club in England!

Couple that with his astute tactics and his excellent knowledge of European football(would have a good scouting sytstem and players will want to play for him ala sven!) and I think we have the perfect candidate for the job!

He plays feckin awful football and if his scouting network was so good how the hell did he sign Cisse, Cheyrou, Traore et al?! I would rather have Hughes than Houllier.

Guest sittingontheball

Personally I don't think we should rush things. This season is pretty much a write-off and bad though we are, I can't see us going down.

He plays feckin awful football and if his scouting network was so good how the hell did he sign Cisse, Cheyrou, Traore et al?! I would rather have Hughes than Houllier.

Half of their CL-winning side was signed by him, though.

I would put that more down to Benitez producing an amazing (and often v lucky, although i certainly wouldn't mind us having some luck) cup run with those players, rather than them being good signings. Benitez won the champs league for Liverpool despite those players, not because of them.

I would put that more down to Benitez producing an amazing (and often v lucky, although i certainly wouldn't mind us having some luck) cup run with those players, rather than them being good signings. Benitez won the champs league for Liverpool despite those players, not because of them.

Perhaps. Hardly no-hopers, though. Houllier managed to win a few trophies with them himself.

hiidink would be an unbelievable appointment

the best in my opinion

agreed

To me, Hiddink is hands down the best manager in the world. My nationality biases me a bit, but still, I would trust him unconditionally any day.

If at all possible should snap him up right now when he's not in club management, although the Russians probably wouldn't take kindly to anyone poaching him before Euros.

The man likes to things over all else: money and a challenge. We can give him both. Mort would be crazy to not have at leats pitched the job to him.

EDIT: only on 2.4 USD a year apparently! We can double that. Hell, we can quad that.  O0

hiidink would be an unbelievable appointment

the best in my opinion

agreed

To me, Hiddink is hands down the best manager in the world. My nationality biases me a bit, but still, I would trust him unconditionally any day.

If at all possible should snap him up right now when he's not in club management, although the Russians probably wouldn't take kindly to anyone poaching him before Euros.

The man likes to things over all else: money and a challenge. We can give him both. Mort would be crazy to not have at leats pitched the job to him.

EDIT: only on 2.4 USD a year apparently! We can double that. Hell, we can quad that.  O0

Nine dollars and sixty cents? Bit steep like.