Deschamps jumps from 80/1 to favourite with bookmakers

Guest hindu times
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Managed two seasons of football (one in the French league, one in the Italian first division) and resigned both times after disagreements with the clubs.

Hope he gets on with Mort.

He was at Monaco from 2001.

It's just rumors I wouldn't over react, he is already about the 5th "bookies favorite".

There will be a different one this time tomorrow.

Yeah except both L'Equipe and France Football are commenting on it, and the first one is extremely reliable while the second only comments on things if theyre sure it might happen, not like the english tabloid thinking Ronaldinho might go to middlesbrough or something.

The more I think about it, the more I like the sound of him actually, and I was positive from the off.

It could also be a bit that I just want this to be over and for us to have a manager in place as soon as possible.

Serously, Ladbrokes don't seem to be taking bets on this anymore, neither do Skybet and about half of the others.  They're all closing there books..

That's happened a few times already. They'll probably be back up shortly.

Serously, Ladbrokes don't seem to be taking bets on this anymore, neither do Skybet and about half of the others.  They're all closing there books..

That's happened a few times already. They'll probably be back up shortly.

I'm sure it will have happened with Redknapp since he was very close to becoming the new manager, but I didn't think it'd happened since.  How many times have th bookies done this so far?, just a few or loads?

The support for Houllier baffles me a bit. He got the boot from Liverpool, where the strain of it had a serious affect on his health for a while. The pressure at our club is worse, because we're less well placed to fulfil everyone's expectations.

A signficant criterion for the job should be someone with the hide of a rhino who's going to keep faith in themselves when under pressure. Hughes and Shearer tick that particular box. I think Deschamps would as well, somehow. He looks like a toughie.

They close the books overnight apparently. Guy on SSN said so, "because it's impossible to keep an eye on the odds 24/7"

Really?, I had no idea they did that.

Neither did I but apparently things change so rapidly, if they left the odds as they were overnight, they could stand to lose loads of money.

Guest Knightrider

I don't think it will be him myself, can't see Ashley entrusting his millions to an unknown in the transfer market which I reckon was a big factor behind our interest in Redknapp, his ability in the transfer market, and our lack of interest in Shearer?

wiki entry changed to:

"He has recently emerged as favorite to succeed Sam Allardyce as manager of small English Team, Newcastle United. If the move goes ahead Deschamps will break all records for most redarded manager."

...redarded... yeah...

Managed two seasons of football (one in the French league, one in the Italian first division) and resigned both times after disagreements with the clubs.

Hope he gets on with Mort.

He was at Monaco from 2001.

Ah yeah, my mistake. No trophies though?

I dont know how much i agree with the "he's knows english footy" thing either, he spent one season here (27 appearances) 8 years ago.

Guest Guinness

This is crazy! There's been four different managers as bookies favourite over the last two days, wonder who it'll be tomorrow?

I'd be happy with Dechamps mind.

Wiki cracks me up at times:

He has recently emerged as favorite to succeed Sam Allardyce as manager of small English Team, Newcastle United. If the move goes ahead Deschamps will break all records for most redarded manager.

Deschamps is a keen breeder of ferrets and Ocelots.

He's often been seen in Milan, but then again he's never played for Sunderland.

:lol:

Guest Brazilianbob

I can't see us getting a better option from the continent than Deschamps.  On the plus side he will have lots of contacts in France and Italy and will know the young up and coming players who may be available.  He is well respected for his achievements in the game and will be able to attract quality players in much the same way Keegan did.