What attribute would you consider to be most important in a manager?

S.S.R.
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Personally, I would choose Motive as the one quality above all.

For some managers we are a stepping stone to somewhere else.

For others we are a lucrative step down.

For others - who don't need to be named - we aren't a job, we are THE job.

All managers have the potential to succeed, and also the same chances to fail.

Would you sell your soul for bragging rights, or would you give it to someone who deserves it most?

Thing is, there's no template for success for a manager. For me what has been missing from a lot of our recent incumbents, certainly the last 3 is adaptability and humility - the ability to see when something blatantly isn't working, swallowing pride and trying a different approach.

Having said that, usually the best managers have a single mindedness and 100% belief in their approach so that they won't change no matter what.

In summary, haven't a clue. (penis size?)

Footballing style coupled with intelligence actually can't go wrong for a club with our resources. There will be hiccups and low points along the way, but if Ashley isn't trigger happy, then in time we will find ourselves where a club of our stature should be [which is more or less defined by wealth in this day and age]. :)

Level of achievement has to be looked at but the way our club is at the mo, I honestly believe we need to make an impact appointment, someone who will get everybody excited and get the team playing a good style of football!

After the disaster that was the fat1, we all need a lift (none more so than you local lads who have had to endure every minute of the drivel that has been served up this season!)

level of achievemnts is usually a good measure in assessing the skills of an incoming manager, though i have to say stlye of football, success comes hand in hand with quality and style, arguably we have the quality but seriously lack the style.

My number one choice wasn't an option.

To quickly identify faults in own or opponents tactics and capitalise by changing to take advantage.

Tactical nous.

I would put that as level of achievement. I'd assume if you won things, you got the tactics right the majority of the time.

Guest LucaAltieri

Not being a total wanker would be pretty high up on my list.

General coaching ability would be a close second

I've always thought that total wankers make the best leaders. So long as they have the talent to back it up.

Graeme Souness?

Souness didn't turn out too well.

How about someone who would allow the players a bit of slack, encourage rather than rule with the iron rod. Engender an atmosphere which allowed the players to live and breathe the game so they could express themselves and their sheer love of football on a Saturday afternoon. A 'total football' man.