Not Impressed At All

Crumpy Gunt

I'll happily admit to having serious reservations to Keegans return I'm also well aware of the rollercoaster ride the Club and its supporters are about to go on.

Fuck me its the 3rd time now I've seen Keegan arrive. A lot on here will only have the video (DVD)

Without a shadow of a doubt though he'll get my full backing (for what it's worth). I just get a horrible feeling that it'll be a fantastic short to medium term future (especially if Ashley backs his man) but think reasonably and you just know this charade will turn full circle eventually.

Good luck Keegan

edit - I AM looking forward to it

Give the board a break in terms of morale...now it has just gone through the roof!!!

Those who are gutted has never watched how we play under King KEV

Bollocks

Watched it ALL, home and away since 1969 ,and I'm amazed that we've missed another opportunity to appoint a manager to take us forward.

Just in case you didn't realise, all through the 'Keegan Era' we played lovely football we were everyone's second team and we won FECK ALL

I'll happily admit to having serious reservations to Keegans return I'm also well aware of the rollercoaster ride the Club and its supporters are about to go on.

f*** me its the 3rd time now I've seen Keegan arrive. A lot on here will only have the video (DVD)

Without a shadow of a doubt though he'll get my full backing (for what it's worth). I just get a horrible feeling that it'll be a fantastic short to medium term future (especially if Ashley backs his man) but think reasonably and you just know this charade will turn full circle eventually.

Good luck Keegan

:thup:

Give the board a break in terms of morale...now it has just gone through the roof!!!

Bollocks

Watched it ALL, home and away since 1969 ,and I'm amazed that we've missed another opportunity to appoint a manager to take us forward.

Just in case you didn't realise, all through the 'Keegan Era' we played lovely football we were everyone's second team and we won FECK ALL

Is amazing how many people forget this, we won nothing, are people hoping that he will install the exact same style of football, against the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo etc and get better results?

Him at nufc was the peak of his career, that was 12 years ago, he;s been out o football for 3 years now, football is a whole different ball game.

Bollocks

Is amazing how many people forget this, we won nothing, are people hoping that he will install the exact same style of football, against the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo etc and get better results?

Him at nufc was the peak of his career, that was 12 years ago, he;s been out o football for 3 years now, football is a whole different ball game.

P.S.

How is Keegan going to improve our youth squads- same way as last time??

Guest elbee909

People like you are destroying the club I love.

GIVE-HIM-A-FUCKING-CHANCE

It’s people like you that are destroying the club. FACT

What a pile of shit.

People like you are destroying the club I love.

GIVE-HIM-A-FUCKING-CHANCE

It’s people like you that are destroying the club. FACT

What a pile of shit.

Well clearly it’s not. How is someone meant to make a success of the club if people like you have a negative attitude before he’s even started his job? Keegan will make mistakes and people like you pounce on it right away. It’s a never ending cycle of shitism.

My attitude makes no fucking difference to the success he may or may not have.  Have you ever heard of constructive criticism?

The only time I made a difference to a football match was at West Ham when John Barnes scored in the second half.  Tino was bearing down on goal in the first half and I shouted "Come on Tino" and he missed, and looked at me accusingly.

The irony here is that you're the one that's most likely to end up pouncing on his mistakes because you're led by sentimentality rather than reason.

What a pile of shit. ;)

;)

Victory.

Guest elbee909

Grow up and get swept along with the rest of us.

You're like the fucker who sits in the corner at a party looking miserable!

Don't really enjoy parties; it's the whole 'let's have fun' contrivance of it.  Feels too forced.  Bit like this really.

Don't really enjoy parties; it's the whole 'let's have fun' contrivance of it.  Feels too forced.  Bit like this really.

You sound like Karl Pilkington. ' I don't like fun'  :lol:

One thing is for sure, he wont be like Souness and hold out for his big pay off. If it goes tits up im sure Keegan will admit it was a mistake and hand his notice in. I got a feeling this is gonna work, Keegan wouldnt be coming back unless he was 100% commited.

I think all those saying football has changed etc etc is complete bollocks.

Guest elbee909

You sound like Karl Pilkington. ' I don't like fun'  :lol:

I don't like it when there's a tacit agreement along the lines of "hey people, we're all having the socially recognised form of fun, so let's have fun".  No, I don't like that, no.  But hey, if more people thought like me then capitalism would probably not work, so carry on. :)

Guest DONTOONER

Bollocks

I totally agree with the fact "FECK ALL" but at least this might be the turning point for us again, the passion has disappeared this 4 to 5 years and i doubt anyone could rebuff me on that. Anyway it is a well known fact that KK cant stay in the game for long due to his periods, however i do see this as a huge stepping stone to attract future managers.

BTW i do hope to see us lift a trophy in my lifetime as well.

f*** me its the 3rd time now I've seen Keegan arrive. A lot on here will only have the video (DVD)

Good luck Keegan 

I'm looking forward to it; it feels the same this time as it did the last 2.  Thinking about it, he's probably the perfect gamble looking at the reaction to the appointment from our fans, the lift people have had has been almost instant, and selling 15,000 tickets in 1 hour is unheard of.  The crowd is going to be jumping now and the players will also feel the benefit of the positive reaction, I'm over the moon now that it's sunk in, regardless of the risk.

It's a stunning appointment even if it does bring risk with it.

Guest elbee909

Good luck Keegan 

I'm looking forward to it; it feels the same this time as it did the last 2.  Thinking about it, he's probably the perfect gamble looking at the reaction to the appointment from our fans, the lift people have had has been almost instant, and selling 15,000 tickets in 1 hour is unheard of.  The crowd is going to be jumping now and the players will also feel the benefit of the positive reaction, I'm over the moon now that it's sunk in, regardless of the risk.

It's a stunning appointment even if it does bring risk with it.

And think how many shirts with 'Keegan' on there'll be.  Practically pays for the appointment itself.

(Someone always brings this up so thought I would)

Like some have said there are better managers out there who would have been better appointments, at the same time this club needs a huge lift and apart from Mourinho I don't think anyone else could give us that.

Will he get us back to where we were under him previously? Probably not, hopefully we'll have fun trying though.

I just hope the pressure doesn't fuck him up completely this time.

Guest elbee909

Like some have said there are better managers out there who would have been better appointments, at the same time this club needs a huge lift and apart from Mourinho I don't think anyone else could give us that.

Will he get us back to where we were under him previously? Probably not, hopefully we'll have fun trying though.

I just hope the pressure doesn't fuck him up completely this time.

I think this is a worry - if we chew him up and spit him out this time round.  The England job really hurt him deep down and I keep wondering if they just offered him too much money for him to refuse here.

Viewing the excitement this has caused has rubbed off on me, this is a ridiculous lift (hope it has the same effect on the players, mind) and one we needed. Also, he's the only man who would be given time. Not even Shearer would get the same slack iyam.

If we start playing again, this is great for the short term. Still feel like we've missed out an opportunity to move forwards purposely and leave the Shepherd era behind once and for all.

Guest elbee909

I'm just glad all these die-hard Newcastle fans, who'll support the club through thick and thin, have found a reason to buy tickets for matches again.

We were talking in the office today, saying how Deschamps was going to be a good appointment, how the choice showed foresight and, well balls, and how although he wasn't who we'd have expected Newcastle to go for, we thought it would be a good move.

Then I'm on the way home and hear you've appointed Keegan. WTF? Proper WTF territory.

same events for me mate.  Honestly though Deschamps was the one, same feelings and reactions.

Viewing the excitement this has caused has rubbed off on me, this is a ridiculous lift (hope it has the same effect on the players, mind) and one we needed. Also, he's the only man who would be given time. Not even Shearer would get the same slack iyam.

If we start playing again, this is great for the short term. Still feel like we've missed out an opportunity to move forwards purposely and leave the Shepherd era behind once and for all.

That's the main thing, for me, without taking future planning into first.

The place will get a huge lift, they'll sell season tickets, we'll hopefully start getting back to what we had under KK last time.

As it was, right now, the rebuilding job was absolutely immense - a monumental uphill struggle, covering EVERY aspect of the club. Keegan should bring the entertainment back, he'll sell tickets, he'll motivate the players... he could be exactly the person we need to start a "proper rebuild" and when he goes, even if the circumstances turn out the same, we might be in a position to attract a Mourinho, a Hiddink or a Scolari.

Of course it could go horribly wrong, but anyone else coming in would be the same. The "getting time" thing is the most important part, I'd worry about any other manager coming in, even if they appeared to be well supported. 76% of 200 people on the main site are "happy" with this, I'm not sure if ANYONE else, bar Mourinho, would have got that sort of reaction.

I watch football to be excited, to be entertained, it's why I want to work in football after University. This has inspired me, personally, and the scenes around SJP have been a testament to the decision so far.