Keegan's backroom staff?

LooneyToonArmy

We're so desperate to control costs that we're not going to replace Steve Round? mackems.gif

Aye, I bet he was on a fortune. Do me a f***ing favour.

Laughable really when you consider the other changes we've made. New Academy Director, two new fitness coaches etc etc.

I'm glad we got a new fitness coach in. I think its hilarious some people on here think they can judge the quality of our coaches, but it was embarrassing for a couple of months before Fat Sam got booted how unfit our players were. I've never seen anything like it.

Robbie Elliotts got himself a job on the coaching staff.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1344975,00.html

'Strength and conditioning' coach working alongside Mark Hulse.

Not a bad appointment. If he's got the credentials, then he's more than welcome back to the club

It's a big if. Hopefully he has because jobs for the boys is not the way forward.

Guest optimistic nit

No replacement for Round (more bile from the papers)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jul/16/newcastleunited.premierleague

Keegan, who has told Liverpool and Aston Villa that James Milner is not for sale after all, is working with a reduced coaching staff following Steve Round's move to Everton as David Moyes's assistant but it is believed that Round will not be replaced as Newcastle aim to control costs. Louise Taylor

To be fair if Ashley was that concerned Terry Mac and the Tea Lady wouldnt still be here, or are they one and the same these days?

louise taylor is bloody hillarious. :lol:

Not a bad appointment. If he's got the credentials, then he's more than welcome back to the club

It's a big if. Hopefully he has because jobs for the boys is not the way forward.

Robbie has been working with Adrian Lamb from last season in an unofficial capacity. He has done an HND in Sport Science while he was at Bolton & has since done a degree in Sports Science  at Northumbria University. Only at NUFC is something like this classed as a "jobs for the boys", while Fergie, Wegner build there backroom staff up with x-players it is seen in a much more positive light.

Robbie has been working with Adrian Lamb from last season in an unofficial capacity. He has done an HND in Sport Science while he was at Bolton & has since done a degree in Sports Science  at Northumbria University. Only at NUFC is something like this classed as a "jobs for the boys", while Fergie, Wegner build there backroom staff up with x-players it is seen in a much more positive light.

Elliott's put the time in and got the stuff he needs, he's being brought in under this Hulse chap. Looks sound enough to me as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest michaelfoster

Arthur Cox has left the club.

Anyone think we are a bit light on coaches now?

Keegan

Hughton

Terry Mac (cone man)

Fitness

Hulse

Elliott

Russell

Guest neesy111

Keegan

Hughton

Terry Mac (cone man)

Fitness

Hulse

Elliott

Russell

all depend's on how you do training etc, glad all of allardyce's ppl have followed him out of the door

Keegan

Hughton

Terry Mac (cone man)

Keegan unlike some managers is very actively involved in training, Houghton it seems is predominantly working with the defence & Mac is there for crack, one on one chats to raise the confidence of players which everyone in the game says is a big thing. I think we have the right mix.