How long have you supported NUFC?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest michaelfoster

Just wondered how long everyone has supported NUFC. My whole family support NUFC but i didnt go to my first match till 93/94 season so im a 90's supporter.

Guest johnson293

I was born in '73, and started supporting Newcastle when I was bairn in the mid-80's, but didn't start going to matches until '88, just as Gazza was coming through.

My older cousin took me to my first match - the FA Cup match against Wimbledon (lost 1-3) - was in the Gallowgate 'corner', and I was hooked! Though it was a bit too rowdy for me in there, so I started going with mates from school, and we stood in 'the scoreboard'!

Saw the relegation to Division Two through McFaul, Smith, Ardiles, and then Keegan.

I was a late 80's kid, was only a young 'un during the Jim Smith days. Was quite unusual too as a Newcastle supporter near Oxford, because of my cousin playing for them. Remember when my parents tried to find me a Newcastle shirt locally for my birthday, couldn't find one anywhere.

Then Keegan took over after Ossie's stint and you couldn't go into any sports shop without seeing one. How the times changed!

2002 :lol:. Didn't like football before then.

Really?

Yeah, it was big about my family; my brother, my dad, my Grandad, but I never really sat down and watched a match. I can remember the day in 2002 though, when I sat and watched a Newcastle match with them and thought "Wow. This is brilliant" and I ain't turned back since.

Really?

Yeah, it was big about my family; my brother, my dad, my Grandad, but I never really sat down and watched a match. I can remember the day though, when I sat and watched a Newcastle match with them and thought "Wow. This is brilliant" and I ain't turned back since.

:thup:

Really?

Yeah, it was big about my family; my brother, my dad, my Grandad, but I never really sat down and watched a match. I can remember the day in 2002 though, when I sat and watched a Newcastle match with them and thought "Wow. This is brilliant" and I ain't turned back since.

Which one?

Really?

Which one?

Ironically Man U 5-3 Newcastle :lol:

Really?

Which one?

Ironically Man U 5-3 Newcastle :lol:

:lol: