Keegan Blank Cheque - Only Limit Imagination

nufc4eva

Guest ObaStar

Daily Mail:

Kevin Keegan has been promised a £30million transfer kitty for January and a further £60m in the summer in order to compete with the top four clubs.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has told Keegan he will be allowed to splash his cash to deliver Champions League football to the city again. The sports mogul, who pulled off one of the shocks of the season when he landed Keegan after a three-year

hey NE5, I haven't seen much of you in discussions lately, how are you finding the return of KK?

memories coming back? they certainly are for me but I imagine you've seen a little more than I have since I started supporting nufc and football in general when I was 10, in 1992.

oh, I think its absolutely brilliant. Shame the major shareholder decided to go PLC and lose him 11 years ago.

Its those who blame other people who are the problem. And those who think he was a " failure for losing a 12 point lead " that make you smile .......... I only hope we are 12 points clear at the top of the premiership next Xmas, just like all Keegans successor achieved by virtue of being "tactically superior". Macca888 and one or two other people will explain just why exactly he spouted this crap, because i can't  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Daily Mail:

Kevin Keegan has been promised a £30million transfer kitty for January and a further £60m in the summer in order to compete with the top four clubs.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has told Keegan he will be allowed to splash his cash to deliver Champions League football to the city again. The sports mogul, who pulled off one of the shocks of the season when he landed Keegan after a three-year

Nice one, Ashley. :coolsmiley:

It's down to Keegan to convince them to come here now.

why do we keep get linked with wes brown, if we have 25 mill to spend why not get someone quality?

Because we're going to need a right back in the Summer unless we give Carr a new contract and it makes more sense to get someone in of Brown's calibre cheap and spend the money we have got on more important areas.

Nice one, Ashley. :coolsmiley:

It's down to Keegan to convince them to come here now.

I'm sure Keegan will have a better chance than most to get people in, especially with the reported financial backing, if true.

why do we keep get linked with wes brown, if we have 25 mill to spend why not get someone quality?

He is hardly s*** though is he? Good right back and can cover centerback. No problem in my book if we bring him in.

Lets face it, we need to prove this club is going places before we sign the truly big names. Wes could be a decent start, not seen an awful lot but the few times he has looked ok.

Guest criminalz

Woohooo....i am just happy we got the manager thing sorted out...

Now lets get back to serious biz..come on NUFC!!!!

This is what Keegan is all about. I'm heading up today and I will probably buy every shitty tabloid for the train journey, just to read about the toon - the way it used to be every time i headed up for a game. People seem to forget just how much fun having KK as manager and a large wad of cash to spend is!

This is the time when IMO Keegan is a good manager which is when he's got money to spend.

If you think about some of the prices and players he bought back in 95/95, I'm sure Barton was around £4m which for a defender at the time was quite alot, also wasn't Peacock a british record fee for a defender when he came?

He's the type of manager who would absolutely whoop you at fantasy football :)

This is the time when IMO Keegan is a good manager which is when he's got money to spend.

If you think about some of the prices and players he bought back in 95/95, I'm sure Barton was around £4m which for a defender at the time was quite alot, also wasn't Peacock a british record fee for a defender when he came?

Darren Peacock was actually our record signing at 2.75m on transfer deadline day if my memory serves me correct

Darren Peacock was actually our record signing at 2.75m on transfer deadline day if my memory serves me correct

now I feel old at a ripe old age of 23 :(

I know we broke a few transfer records in Keegan's first stint so who know's maybe this time the spending will be similar with the same effect :)

Daily Star XI...

-----------------------------------------------------------------Given----------------------------------------------------------------

Beye----------------------------------------Taylor----------------------------W.Brown----------------------------------Bridge

Wright-Phillips---------------------------S.Brown-----------------------------Deco-------------------------------Ronaldinho

---------------------------------------------Kaka------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Drogba------------------------------------------

Harper, Cacapa, N'Zogbia, Duff, Owen.

Meh...

Thats CRAZY talk mate.

Berbatov will be on the bench and Owen in the reserves surely!!

I am a big fan of Huddlestone. Not only is he massive but he's an excellent passer of the ball and he's got a hell of a shot on him.

He's also a regular starter for the England U21s and Spurs.

Him and N'Zogbia in the centre with Milner/SWP and Duff on the wings would be awesome.

for me van der vaart would be the ultimate option - great passer and finisher, plus he is excellent in dead ball situations.

i think he would be the perfect signing!

huntelaar is also interesting.

---------------Given-----------------

Hutton--Taylor--Naldo--Enrique

-------------De Rossi---------------

SWP------V. Der Vaart----Zoggy

--------Huntelaar---Martins------

:thup:

Hutton £8m

Naldo £10m

De Rossi £15m

SWP £12m

VDV £13m