Keegan Blank Cheque - Only Limit Imagination

nufc4eva

If true, I had a feeling that this is what would happen.

How could they spend so much sacking Allardyce and risk so much bringing Keegan in if they weren't going to back him to the moon?

I'm trying to keep my feet on the ground, so that if anything big does happen then my socks will get blown off, but I can see why people are getting carried away.

SSN just done a backpage review.  All papers agree he's got a bottomless pit to spend,  and names mentioned were;

Ronaldinho,  Kaka, Deco, Wright Phillips, Drogba, Bridge, Scott Brown & Wes Brown.

Its going to be an interesting 2 weeks.

I nearly fucking choked, i read the first 3 then for some reason skipped to the last name

Hahahahaha

Wayne Bridge was mentioned as being a first target.  SWP would be obvious from his city days too.  Fucking hell,  i'm quite excited.

SSN just done a backpage review.  All papers agree he's got a bottomless pit to spend,  and names mentioned were;

Ronaldinho,  Kaka, Deco, Wright Phillips, Drogba...

Thanks for that. Blasted spunk stains on my best suit trousers now. :hmm:

JERMAIN DEFOE and Shaun Wright- Phillips were last night queueing up to join Kevin Keegan’s Newcastle revolution.

Tottenham striker Defoe and Chelsea wideman SWP would relish the free- flowing, attacking football that has become a trademark of Keegan’s teams.

New Toon boss Keegan, who has £20million to spend, told players to expect changes.

He said: “If new players are coming in and you are worried about that then you should not be here. You should want good players at this football club.”

Keegan dropped the bombshell to his Toon squad at training yesterday.

A Newcastle insider said: “It wasn’t like a big speech by the manager or anything but it sounded like he would be making a few changes.

“With only a couple of weeks left in the transfer window, he has not really got time to assess what is already there. He has to make some quick decisions.”

Defoe, 25, and Wright-Phillips, 26, are the sort of players Keegan admires although their wage demands and asking prices may be barriers.

But Keegan has been promised the freedom to go for the players he wants most.

Defoe is struggling to establish himself under new Spurs boss Juande Ramos, while Wright-Phillips may relish the chance of guaranteed first-team football.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article700394.ece

Of all the papers who would bring us back down to earth,  I didnt expect it to be the sun!

I wouldn't want Drogba here to be totally honest with you. Not because his I'm questioning his skill or anything, I just don't like the guy.

Fuck it, I never liked Keith Gillespie but there was no denying he did a fucking grand job down the right back in the day. I never liked Lee Bowyer either, but he did a fair job for us up until DyerHandBagsGate.

Daily Star XI...

-----------------------------------------------------------------Given----------------------------------------------------------------

Beye----------------------------------------Taylor----------------------------W.Brown----------------------------------Bridge

Wright-Phillips---------------------------S.Brown-----------------------------Deco-------------------------------Ronaldinho

---------------------------------------------Kaka------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Drogba------------------------------------------

Harper, Cacapa, N'Zogbia, Duff, Owen.

Meh...

I wouldn't want to sign Bridge. Today in the Sun, they had an "opinion" piece, slagging off Enrique. Just had another look at tomorrow's:

After that, there is the dead wood in the squad. Jose Enrique and Geremi were two of the worst arrivals under Allardyce and their days could be numbered.

Mongs. Hope KK saw enough from Enrique the other night to know he's a good player.

Didn't take long for the Wright-Phillips link, then.

If Defoe and Wright-Phillips were to come through the door, i'd be ecstatic. I don't know if Defoe is the striker we really need (if we need one...), but he's a good one, often very good, and it merely adds to an excellent firing squad. Don't ridicule me for saying it's an excellent pool of strikers, because it is, should they be used properly. Much like the defense.

On another note, poor Shola.

I'm sure i read somewhere that someone who thinks he is an expert on the club, has only seen them play 100 times despite being 27 years old  mackems.gif

I'm sure that KK is confident he will be backed like he was the first time round, otherwise he wouldn't be here.

You can wear your NUFC shirt around Bristol with pride Baggy

I'm sure i read somewhere that someone who thinks he is an expert on the club, has only seen them play 100 times despite being 27 years old  mackems.gif

100 was about 12 months ago, around 130 now including more than you this season, which makes me more of an expert on Alan Smith than you in a Newcastle shirt.

I can confirm he's wank. :smug:

Anyway lets not take this thread off topic, we wouldn't want to get banned for flame wars again would we.

hey NE5, I haven't seen much of you in discussions lately, how are you finding the return of KK?

memories coming back? they certainly are for me but I imagine you've seen a little more than I have since I started supporting nufc and football in general when I was 10, in 1992.