The view from outside

TRon

Has anyone else noticed it? 'Fans' of other clubs jamming the message boards and airwaves foaming at the mouth to diss Keegan's return, moaning at the media hype. Absolutely furious that we are all so confident it will work. Is it fear? Fear that Keegan just might set Newcastle on another charge to the summit? Every time I read a news article online, there's a bunch of rabid replies posted outraged that we think our club belongs up there.

It reminds me of those horror films where confronted by the Slayer (our Kev)  :angel: , the vampires are hissing and baring their fangs in their multitudes, fearing that daylight is about to invade their wretched night.

Damn right.

Tbh the media have gone a bit over board, Setanta were at the press conference about 10am this morning and every hour they were goin live to Newcastle and every time there would only be the reporter there sitting where KK will be sitting and saying "This is where he will sit" :lol:

Personally im loving all the positive media, good to hear KK have a dig at the media as well.

I never would of thought things were gonna be this positive.

i have two groups of friends (none NUFC) who are going out to pubs in their area specifically for the match. the atmosphere in particular. this appointment is exciting all those who are non partisan to their own team.

From what I've seen over the Internet, it all seems way over the top. But I'm enjoying it. Three, four, five, even six articles about NUFC on every news site.

Could there be another managerial appointment that would get this much press?

Edit: Oh, ten on the BBC. Nice.

There has been tons and tons of negative comments on the phone ins, most of which from what I can gather are based solely on a hatred of us the newcastle fans and our 'delusions of grandeur'.

There has also been fans of other clubs with positive comments but they are far outweighed by the negative imo.

Anyone who really thinks Newcastle is just a 'run of the mill, average, mediocre club that has no business being among the front runners in the Premier League' is having a laugh imo.

One thing I would say is that neutrals are probably sick of the coverage the story has been getting - before I get shot down in flames I think this is the best news in ages and am absolutely buzzing about tomorrow.  Been catching bits on SSN today and to be honest it does get a bit embarrassing when some tit from dahn sarf goes on about the 'special geordie fans' and I'm sure something was said about how we will 'all be drinking the special newcastle beer tonight!'.  I mean for FFS they act like our official spokespeople one minute then call us worse than s*** the next.

What I'm trying to get across is that a lot of other club's fans think that we bring this media hype on ourselves when in truth the media love to hype us up so we've got further to fall back down.  I wouldn't care less if we were never mentioned in the press again and just let the football do the talking.   

Some outsiders just rely on the stereotyped, ignorant, and uneducated view that we ALL are "deluded" and that its "not a big club" etc. Some of us might not be realistic but theres no need to paint us all with the same brush as it were.

Some outsiders just rely on the stereotyped, ignorant, and uneducated view that we ALL are "deluded" and that its "not a big club" etc. Some of us might not be realistic but theres no need to paint us all with the same brush as it were.

Well, bringing back Keegan isn't exactly realistic is it. He's the anti-Allardyce!

I don't get it. Keegan's good for the game, his football excites people. The last time he was in charge every time you went outside the city, if you were in Manchester or London, people wanted to talk about Newcastle United. Everyone was spellbound by us.

Maybe the mongs who are coming on phone-ins, or giving views on News sites aren't representative.

To be fair I've seen a lot of positive comments.

I've seen about 10% positive and 90% snidey and - actually quite hysterical at times - negative comments.

I actually get the idea its FEAR that he might actually get it right.

The most negative is Man U's gloryhunters, the usual bilge from Man Citeh fans, Everton and Spuds fans (although to be fair, there has been the odd positive and sensible one from Everton and Spud fans tho' - ALL negative from the Manchester makems - no surprise there.) and - of course - what you'd expect from the inbreds of Smog-land and Makemland

I don't get it. Keegan's good for the game, his football excites people. The last time he was in charge every time you went outside the city, if you were in Manchester or London, people wanted to talk about Newcastle United. Everyone was spellbound by us.

Maybe the mongs who are coming on phone-ins, or giving views on News sites aren't representative.

It probably scares them that KK will produce a bit of magic again.

Guest Knightrider

People are envious man. They can't but would love to comprehend what someone like KK means to us, why we are so obsessed with a shite football team that's never won fuck all. Ironically the media obsession has giving them a small window into our world because that's what it's like 24-7 for us. We're obsessed with our football and our club and no lack of trophies, shite football or anything else that puts off other fans would ever get in the way of that obsession, if anything it just cranks it up. This past week has been absolutre heaven for us and that's without a trophy or 3 points for a win. And they don't understand this. They don't get to feel what we feel about their own club like we do. I actually feel sorry for half of them. Imagine living in Blackburn where after the match the football club closes for a week. Here it's always open.  Fuck them.

Reading this they would probably say we are trying to turn this around and say were a big club because of all the coverage we have been getting. If anything it's getting a little tedious, a bit like our own TV channel "Newcastle TV" on SSN.

To be fair I've seen a lot of positive comments.

I've seen about 10% positive and 90% snidey and - actually quite hysterical at times - negative comments.

Well it depends where you look/listen. I'd rather listen to old pros and people in the game and their opinions than the odd snidey Man Utd supporter or whatever so I've kept away from phone-ins and stuff like that.

Well it depends where you look/listen. I'd rather listen to old pros and people in the game and their opinions than the odd snidey Man Utd supporter or whatever so I've kept away from phone-ins and stuff like that.

Sensible, but it pays to know what your enemy is thinking, sometimes.

Scum Man u fans are the real wankers

God change the record with the rant keegan made!

They're that thick they can't come up with anything else

Like to see them support the side for as long as we have with no success!  They're all glory hunting pricks that will switch sides in a heartbeat

Scum Man u fans are the real wankers

God change the record with the rant keegan made!

They're that thick they can't come up with anything else

Like to see them support the side for as long as we have with no success!  They're all glory hunting pricks that will switch sides in a heartbeat

the thing i have no problem with keegans rant...how many rants has ferguson had.. remember the rant about the ref not playing enough added on time that led to him holding up his own stop watch at games.

alex ferguson plays mind games...other managers say the same thing and its called whinging

People are envious man. They can't but would love to comprehend what someone like KK means to us, why we are so obsessed with a shite football team that's never won fuck all. Ironically the media obsession has giving them a small window into our world because that's what it's like 24-7 for us. We're obsessed with our football and our club and no lack of trophies, shite football or anything else that puts off other fans would ever get in the way of that obsession, if anything it just cranks it up. This past week has been absolutre heaven for us and that's without a trophy or 3 points for a win. And they don't understand this. They don't get to feel what we feel about their own club like we do. I actually feel sorry for half of them. Imagine living in Blackburn where after the match the football club closes for a week. Here it's always open.  Fuck them.

I think that is a brilliant point. I cant think of another club where a man, returning after nothing was won duting the inital reign, can create such complete and utter delerium.

I have felt so proud this week

Most Arsenal and Chelsea fans welcome him back

They know footballs gone to the dogs so his therory is just what might save football

I would love to know, hand on heart, how many other clubs' fans woud love to hear their managers say that "We are just going to have a go"