Club shop quick to take advantage

Syrette

I noticed most stuff is discounted. Fair play to Ashley....the kits are decent value at 20% off and he's simply maximising the marketing potential. Considering he's apparently wiped off 90 million debt and made the club solvent I don't care if he's trying to make a quick buck.

Designs are crap though..

What I realised while in there browsing the retro kits is that I think the next home kit should be a reproduction of the simple 1980 or 1984 home efforts, with maybe the only variation being the three stripes. IMHO would look uncluttered and smart amongst today's premiership kits and stand out as a classic.  O0

Think we need to hire some new designers for the club shop...

Couldn't help but admire some of the tasteful club apparel Liverpool had when I was last at Anfield.

Thought our stuff might get better with Ashley in charge, but so far that hasn't been the case

http://shop.nufc.co.uk/Category.pasp?txtCategory=KEEGANRANGE

Clearly not had much time to come up with some decent designs either.

not that I;m gonna criticise Ashley or anything, I'm over the moon about the events of the last few days

but

what would have been the response if the fat bastard had done this

Clealy Mr Ashley, so long as he doesn't say that sportsdirect.com sell shirts for cheaper than the club shop and that anybody who therefore buys shirts for 40 quid are mugs is alright

And those people who say that supporters are mugs for paying 40 quid for a shirt is a mug, are clearly the biggest idiots that ever walked the earth. Because who exactly is stupid enough to pay 40 quid for a shirt  mackems.gif

Think we need to hire some new designers for the club shop...

Couldn't help but admire some of the tasteful club apparel Liverpool had when I was last at Anfield.

Thought our stuff might get better with Ashley in charge, but so far that hasn't been the case

I'd love to have a whirl at designing some.  Who do I contact?  Ol' Morty Boy? 

Some absolutely horrific LiveTrace work done in Illustrator on those flags.  The typesetting is gash as well. 

Modern football. Right there.

I'm tempted to launch into a rambling, incoherent 'how did we let them steal our game' diatribe here.

I won't, though.

i had an nufc mug,pillow case,jumper in the late 70's