Kevin Keegan's Black and White Army 0-0 Bolton - 19/1/08 - Reaction from Page 18

James

It doesnt help that Bolton literally have 9/10 man behind the ball at all time. We arent really putting any pressureon them though, Roz looks quitegood in midfiled, ,Zog doesnt have the space he needs in the centre, maybe more effective out wide after all.

Bolton really are the anti-football of the world game.

The only reason we aren't winning is due to Bolton's negativity.

Exactly.

Who's their manager? Gary Megson or Sam Allardyce?

Can hardly tell the difference.

Having said that, I can see them coming away with a 1-0 win, which in their situation is a priceless result.

I'm fairly satisfied with the first half. We've had some decent passing, and seems to be trying to PLAY football. I don't think we should be expecting too much from this game. KK has just had two days with the players. Rome wasn't built in one day  :lol:

Cacapa looks dodgy, makes me really uncomfortable.  Especially when he plays a 1 yard pass to someone in tight quarters so that they can turn round and make a 5 yard pass to try and get out of trouble.  He needs to play the ball himself.  Milner's been invisible, Enrique, Duff, and Charlie have looked OK, and Owen needs more service.

Matt Taylor's been all over the place as well.

Guest Brendan_Rice

to be fair we're trying to play through a well drilled hard to break down 5 man midfield

Bang on Rob they have loaded midfield try to stop us playing, to be fair to them it has worked.

Cacapa looks dodgy, makes me really uncomfortable.  Especially when he plays a 1 yard pass to someone in tight quarters so that they can turn round and make a 5 yard pass to try and get out of trouble.  He needs to play the ball himself.  Milner's been invisible, Enrique, Duff, and Charlie have looked OK, and Owen needs more service.

aye, i agree with that. cacapa looks like he still hasn't adapted .

We're not getting much from centre midfield, and the build up looks very laboured. No pace up front doesn't help.

I'd put Duff in the centre and Zoggy on the left.

I hope we score first, because I can't see us breaking them down if they go ahead.

Would give us a bi tof width, I would like to see that myself.  Would Duff be able to hold onto the ball in midfield though?

Yeah, I think so. His close control is good.

It doesnt help that Bolton literally have 9/10 man behind the ball at all time. We arent really putting any pressureon them though, Roz looks quitegood in midfiled, ,Zog doesnt have the space he needs in the centre, maybe more effective out wide after all.

When you give the other team the time to get 9 men behind the ball then you can't complain when they do.

Our passing is so pedestrian and our running so uninspired and slow that I imagine Megson can't believe his luck. The poor lads are still traumatised by seeing so many long bombs fly over their heads over the past 8 months.

We need some proper CM's and a link between midfield and attack.

Roze and Enrique have played well.

I think Rozehnal's been shite. So nervous, he honestly hasn't got the first clue what to do once he's got the ball. It's a bit like that for all of them.

But, it's essentially a brand new tactic for our players. We very rarely play like this, some are out of position, and it's a knock-on effect. And Bolton are closing us done very well at the moment. There's plenty of time left in the game, though - i can see atleast one chance coming our way...

Bolton really are the anti-football of the world game.

The only reason we aren't winning is due to Bolton's negativity.

Exactly.

Who's their manager? Gary Megson or Sam Allardyce?

Can hardly tell the difference.

Having said that, I can see them coming away with a 1-0 win, which in their situation is a priceless result.

I reckon if we get one the flood gates will open as they'll have to change their game plan.

I'm fairly satisfied with the first half. We've had some decent passing, and seems to be trying to PLAY football. I don't think we should be expecting too much from this game. KK has just had two days with the players. Rome wasn't built in one day  :lol:

Good point......."we tried to play football"........that wasnt sthg we could say when SA was in charge. Credit to KK at least on this point.