Kevin Keegan's Black and White Army 0-0 Bolton - 19/1/08 - Reaction from Page 18

James

Interesting statistic in the Telegraph match report.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=O1S2LLXLO13SHQFIQMGCFFWAVCBQUIV0?xml=/sport/2008/01/21/sfnnew121.xml&page=2

Percentage of accurate passes:

Enrique 69%

Cacapa 91%

Taylor 85%

Carr 78%

Duff 86%

Rozehnal 72%

Owen 73%

Ameobi 73%

Milner 41%

Quite interesting. Lends some support to those who felt that Roz did well on Saturday. Made a few really canny passes from distance. He was the least of our worries.

Only Cacapa, Taylor, Duff, Owen and Shola passed the ball adequately for a player in their position then.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=O1S2LLXLO13SHQFIQMGCFFWAVCBQUIV0?xml=/sport/2008/01/21/sfnnew121.xml&page=2

Enrique 69%

Cacapa 91%

Taylor 85%

Carr 78%

Duff 86%

Rozehnal 72%

Owen 73%

Ameobi 73%

Milner 41%

Quite interesting. Lends some support to those who felt that Roz did well on Saturday. Made a few really canny passes from distance. He was the least of our worries.

Didn't look remotely like a PL central midfielder to me. The same stats could make a case for Shola playing well, which would also be bollocks.

Enrique 69%

Cacapa 91%

Taylor 85%

Carr 78%

Duff 86%

Rozehnal 72%

Owen 73%

Ameobi 73%

Milner 41%

Didn't look remotely like a PL central midfielder to me. The same stats could make a case for Shola playing well, which would also be bollocks.

It's partly because these stats do not tell us how many passes each player made. If milner attempted 100 passes, and made 41, and shola attempted 15 passes, and made 11, then milner probably had the better more influential game.

Enrique 69%

Cacapa 91%

Taylor 85%

Carr 78%

Duff 86%

Rozehnal 72%

Owen 73%

Ameobi 73%

Milner 41%

It's partly because these stats do not tell us how many passes each player made. If milner attempted 100 passes, and made 41, and shola attempted 15 passes, and made 11, then milner probably had the better more influential game.

Just watch the game, it's easy to tell both were shite ;)

Also, crosses into the box are less likely to be accurate than central defenders knocking it between themselves.

Especially if you make a habit of hitting the fullback with them.

Enrique 69%

Cacapa 91%

Taylor 85%

Carr 78%

Duff 86%

Rozehnal 72%

Owen 73%

Ameobi 73%

Milner 41%

they do tell you how many passes each player made if you click the link, Milner made 29 passes with a 41% completion rate, Ameobi made 30 passes with 73% completion rate. though Milner's passes are more likely to be attempting something risky, like crosses ,so it is natural a winger will have a lower completion rate. Michael Owen only made 15 passes all match, which just about sums up his game, mr. invisible.

Also, crosses into the box are less likely to be accurate than central defenders knocking it between themselves.

Especially if you make a habit of hitting the fullback with them.

Touche :laugh:

On Saturday he did it three times in a row, eventually winning a throw-in iirc :lol:

Given: 7 - Did nothing wrong, great save in the end.

Enrique: 5 - Not really up to speed, and soem of his clearances lacked what you might call "direction", but getting better, without doubt.

Cacapa: 5 - Slightly shaky at times, luckily not completely stretched.

Taylor: 5 - Not much different to Cacapa. Did nothing wrong, did nothing impressive.

Carr: 6 - We KNOW he's not really good enough, but rose to what challenge there was.

Rozenhal: 4 - Christ, he's no DM. Mind, he's no CB either. Not good enough, totally out of his depth.

Zoggy: 5 - Had hoped for more of him here after Stoke. Still think he's better out wide.

Duff: 6 - I thought he was ok, without really impressing. Not creatingas much as he couldm but you could see what he was TRYING to do. Better than most games in the past.

Milner: 5 - Crossing was disappointing, but you coudl see clearly from being there that there was little on for him in the centre (right) of midfied. Will have to do better than this.

Owen: 5 - Got little service, but did little with what he got. At least he dropped back and fought for a few, i suppose.

Ameobi: 3 - STEPHEN CARR won more headers than this twat. Awful. It is only to be hoped that he was only being given one chance. Will make a good Championship player. Just not with us, now Fat Sam has gone.

Referee: 2 - You wanted the headlines to be about YOU, didn't you? With your dramatic card flourishes and pathetic decisions (both ways, in fairnessm by the end). One word: fuckoff.

Enrique: 5 - Not really up to speed, and soem of his clearances lacked what you might call "direction", but getting better, without doubt.

Taylor: 5 - Not much different to Cacapa. Did nothing wrong, did nothing impressive.

Carr: 6 - We KNOW he's not really good enough, but rose to what challenge there was.

Rozenhal: 4 - Christ, he's no DM. Mind, he's no CB either. Not good enough, totally out of his depth.

Zoggy: 5 - Had hoped for more of him here after Stoke. Still think he's better out wide.

Duff: 6 - I thought he was ok, without really impressing. Not creatingas much as he couldm but you could see what he was TRYING to do. Better than most games in the past.

Milner: 5 - Crossing was disappointing, but you coudl see clearly from being there that there was little on for him in the centre (right) of midfied. Will have to do better than this.

Owen: 5 - Got little service, but did little with what he got. At least he dropped back and fought for a few, i suppose.

Ameobi: 3 - STEPHEN CARR won more headers than this t***. Awful. It is only to be hoped that he was only being given one chance. Will make a good Championship player. Just not with us, now Fat Sam has gone.

Referee: 2 - You wanted the headlines to be about YOU, didn't you? With your dramatic card flourishes and pathetic decisions (both ways, in fairnessm by the end). One word: fuckoff.

If your average is 4 then thats an excellent post. If it isn't, then your just doing your usual attention seeking.

Ameobi: 3 - STEPHEN CARR won more headers than this t***. Awful. It is only to be hoped that he was only being given one chance. Will make a good Championship player. Just not with us, now Fat Sam has gone.

If your average is 4 then thats an excellent post. If it isn't, then your just doing your usual attention seeking.

My average is 5. I thought that would be obvious, as most ratings are 0-10. So 5 is in the middle. Thank you for caring, though. Mwah.

If a scoring scheme is 0-10 then why do they call it giving your "marks out of ten" 0-10 is eleven different marks.

It's meant to be 1-10 which means that 5 & 6 are equally middling.  Whether you choose 5 as your basis or 6 is merely a point of view but i also i find it an interesting mark of personal outlook.  I find the more pessimistic posters start with 5 and optimistic ones start with 6.  In general it is accepted 6 is average i would say which may be an affect of champ man but i think its more that doing average you can get away with in a match so its more of a positive and so people use 6.

If a scoring scheme is 0-10 then why do they call it giving your "marks out of ten" 0-10 is eleven different marks.

It's meant to be 1-10 which means that 5 & 6 are equally middling.  Whether you choose 5 as your basis or 6 is merely a point of view but i also i find it an interesting mark of personal outlook.  I find the more pessimistic posters start with 5 and optimistic ones start with 6.  In general it is accepted 6 is average i would say which may be an affect of champ man but i think its more that doing average you can get away with in a match so its more of a positive and so people use 6.

I always have used 6. Papers often use 5 for their average, due to the negative approach most papers take.

Guest newcastle4life

This game showed how poor the team is and how tough a job Keegan has, he had no choice of what team to pick and will have to rip up the team as it isnt good enough. Next season when he has his team will hopefully be different with lots of new players bought in,couple before this window ends would be nice.

Given 6 - kicking is his weakest attribute, but he doesn't command his area leading to communication problems.

Carr - 6 - did ok.

Cacapa - 7 - a few decisonal errors, but brought the ball out of defence well.

Taylor - 6 - did ok.

Enrique - 6 - did ok.

Milner - 5 - tries to beat his man to often and doesn't get many crosses in.

Duff - 6 - improving, but doesn't get to the byline.

Rozehnal - 6 - he has an eye for a pass, but lacks strengthto win midfield battles.

N'Zogbia - 8 - MotM.

Ameobi - 6 - first game in a while, did ok.

Owen - 6 - seems to have improved his overall contribution and looks moe lively/interested.