Kevin Keegan's Black and White Army 0-0 Bolton - 19/1/08 - Reaction from Page 18

James

we played pass and go football from keeper to forwards (how many times did given just hoof it ?). in 2 days with half a team thats amazing. we showed more footballing prowess today than the whole of the last 3 years. still looking forwrad to getting this season out the way then let us go

we played pass and go football from keeper to forwards (how many times did given just hoof it ?). in 2 days with half a team thats amazing. we showed more footballing prowess today than the whole of the last 3 years. still looking forwrad to getting this season out the way then let us go

That's the way I see it. We played much better, we tried to get it down and pass it, we had a lot of posession but lacked penetration. In 3 fucking days, that's quite an improvement, tbh.

Agreed and that's why I still enjoyed the game.

That's the way I see it. We played much better, we tried to get it down and pass it, we had a lot of posession but lacked penetration. In 3 fucking days, that's quite an improvement, tbh.

blueyes.gif

That's the way I see it. We played much better, we tried to get it down and pass it, we had a lot of posession but lacked penetration. In 3 f****** days, that's quite an improvement, tbh.

blueyes.gif

stop f****** agreeing....i'm getting paranoid (you aswell mick)

That's the way I see it. We played much better, we tried to get it down and pass it, we had a lot of posession but lacked penetration. In 3 f****** days, that's quite an improvement, tbh.

:thup:

:thup:

AAAAAGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

There was a bloke ranting away about Keegan at half-time today! Telling anyone who would listen that the football hadn't improved so Keegan should get sacked!!  :lol:

I s*** you not.

You should have belted him, at least if you were both banned none of us would have to suffer the prick.

blueyes.gif

Makes me think about the summer - wondering how the lack of EURO'08 involvement (for some of the squad) may be of benefit to Keegan and the team?

Zog was ok today, but not great. by his movement, he clearly looks like hes not used to playing as CM.

Enrique great, love the way he clears the ball up towards our strikers/wingers instead of just wacking it over the sideline. got a nice foot as well.

milner sucked a limp c*** all night.

There was a bloke ranting away about Keegan at half-time today! Telling anyone who would listen that the football hadn't improved so Keegan should get sacked!!  :lol:

I s*** you not.

You should have belted him, at least if you were both banned none of us would have to suffer the prick.

People were just shaking their heads and laughing at him. The fact no-one reacted seemed to annoy him even more. :)

I s*** you not.

People were just shaking their heads and laughing at him. The fact no-one reacted seemed to annoy him even more. :)

Like I've always said about "Care in the Community", it just doesn't work, you see...it simply doesn't work.

as I said in another thread, Mike Ashley keeps increasing his iconic status.  For those that went, and missed the TV pictures (I missed us on MOTD so I don't know if they picked it up) he was sat on his perch in the posh seats, holding a mug.  Not just a normal mug.  A NUFC mug.  Class.

Not a Kevin Keegan Mug ?  :kasper:

THEY came to salute the return of the Messiah but they witnessed another fine mess.

It will take more than your average saviour to sort this lot out — Simon Cowell couldn't turn this bunch into entertainers.

Kevin Keegan's only achievement on his emotional return to Newcastle was to just about choke the jeers that would surely have rung out otherwise.

Keegan spoke of the dream of turning the club into title contenders — on this evidence, that ain't a dream, it's pie in the sky.

On King Kev's return, the Toon barely had a shot on target in a desperate affair.

There was no sanctuary from the mass hysteria that gripped St James' Park.

Driving up, you almost expected the Angel of the North statue to be wearing a Return of the King hat...every other man and his dog had one on.

Owner Mike Ashley had King Kev emblazoned on the back of his Newcastle shirt.

And even the sceptics amongst us could hardly fail to be caught up in the euphoria — misplaced or otherwise.

Newcastle2They haven't had these sort of scenes since, er, the last time Keegan returned.

Say what you like about Keegan but the pre-game choice of The Smiths classic This Charming Man was completely appropriate.

The ringmaster of football's craziest soccer circus was back.

When he took a bow amidst a lightning storm of flashbulbs, the cheers must have sent waves down the Tyne.

But even the incurably romantic Keegan — brought up on the legend that the Kop sucked balls into the Anfield net — knows that punter passion does not win points.

What it can do is bring a response from the players.

That's the players he had left to choose from, anyway.

No wonder Michael Owen was made captain...he was one of the few not suspended.

Yet it was still a typically adventurous Keegan set-up — Damien Duff and James Milner operating as wingers outside Owen and Shola Ameobi.

Not a bad foursome. It's the other six that are the problem.

And Bolton were unfazed by the hoopla, Kevin Nolan stretching Shay Given before 50,000 black and white scarves had stopped spinning.

It was just a surprise it took a full eight minutes for that thick head of grey hair to emerge from the dug-out.

Unsurprisingly, it was to implore his team to get forward...quickly.

And unsurprisingly, he found out this set of Newcastle players cannot even take orders from a king.

Somehow, they managed to draw silence from a crowd who had cleared their throats for a 90-minute roar.

Organisation may be a dirty word to Keegan but it is a mantra for Gary Megson.

And Bolton's disciplined and crisp style rendered Keegan's arm-waving meaningless.

A couple of heavily-spun crosses from Charles N'Zogbia was about the sum of Newcastle's threat in the first half-hour.

Oh, that and a laboured volley from Jose Enrique. Under Keegan, you suspect the way for Jose is out.

No wonder the Bolton fans suggested Keegan would be sacked in the morning.

As squibs go, the opening to Keegan's second regime was not so much damp as soaked wet through.

There were mitigating factors, of course.

The suspensions to Nicky Butt, Alan Smith and Emre meant that the central midfield partnership was a makeshift combination of N'Zogbia and David Rozehnal.

And they struggled to get to grips with the game, forcing Duff and Milner to drift inside and Owen to draw deep.

When Owen has to go hunting for scraps, you know there is something wrong.

Keegan has not watched a live Premier League game in three years and he picked a spectacularly dull one to end that drought.

It will take some feat — or some spectacular splurge of Ashley cash — to turn this lot into natural entertainers.

And those first 45 minutes will have told Keegan that his task might be more mountainous than he first imagined.

At least it gave him the platform for an inspirational half-time team-talk.

But there was very little evidence of it after the restart.

And Keegan's wave to the crowd almost had a hint of embarrassment about it.

At least he could come up with a legitimate excuse for the shocking standard on show — both of these sides were essentially Sam Allardyce teams.

One of Keegan's interval instructions was clearly aimed towards his full-backs, suggesting that perhaps they might want to cross the halfway line such was the limit of Bolton's ambitions.

And Stephen Carr duly took the hint and, for a moment, threatened to put a Newcastle shot on target.

It hit the target all right, separating a Return of the King hat from its owner in Row Z.

Still, it was enough to restore some volume back to a St James' Park crowd who, by now, were realising that romanticism counts for nothing in today's Premier League.

A realisation that only increased when, from a prime set-piece position, N'Zogbia aimed for that bloke with the hat again.

At least Newcastle, who were perhaps hamstrung by nerves on such a talked-about occasion, began to respond to Keegan's urgings.

And only a magnificent last-ditch tackle from Ricardo Gardner prevented Ameobi from seeing the eye-whites of Bolton keeper Jussi Jaasklenainen, who later had to scramble a Milner cross over his crossbar.

Apart from that, the Finn was rarely troubled.

That former England Under-21 striker Ameobi was half-a-yard short summed up Newcastle's performance last night.

They are half-a-yard short of pace — and also a hundred miles short of class.

It will take some Messiah to put that right.

Andy Dunn's "opinion" from the NOTW. I use the word "opinion" loosely, since that word suggests to me that it is somehow worthy of listening to/reading/not spitting on.

Not quite as hate filled as his rant from a fortnight on, but the bloke is clearly a prize arsehole. I think it's nearly time for "Jose Enrique is shite" to be officially added to the list of shit cliches that lazy journalists who can't be arsed to do their job properly will use to pen an NUFC article.

THEY came to salute the return of the Messiah but they witnessed another fine mess.

...It will take some Messiah to put that right.

Andy Dunn's "opinion" from the NOTW. I use the word "opinion" loosely, since that word suggests to me that it is somehow worthy of listening to/reading/not spitting on.

Not quite as hate filled as his rant from a fortnight on, but the bloke is clearly a prize arsehole. I think it's nearly time for "Jose Enrique is shite" to be officially added to the list of shit cliches that lazy journalists who can't be arsed to do their job properly will use to pen an NUFC article.

:lol: True like. The number of times I've heard it trotted out it seems that Enrique is easily worst defensive buy of all time. Even when he hasn't been all that, he's never turned in some of the shocking performances of Rozehnal who seems to have got off lightly in comparison.