Berbatov

Guest sicko2ndbest

£26m for a 10 goal a season striker just shows how daft the game has become .

How much would Shearer be worth in his prime?

Foolish, foolish post.

In the league alone, Berbatov has scored 8 goals and directly created 10. He's not just a 10 goal a season striker, he's one of the best on earth.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

My pleasure:

"So you supported Blackburn and then Newcastle because of Shearer?"

"of course, I like him not the club."

I suppose Berbatov himself doesnt know who he supported then.  :lol:

It doesn't matter that much really. Once Shearer is on board as number two, Berbatov will join us to work with him. Simple.

Totally.

Once Shearer has a job with the club he will be able to have a quiet word and convince him to join, same as he did with Owen.  He won't turn down the chance to work for - and finally meet - his hero.  :cheesy:

My pleasure:

he's not gonna come out and says he supports one of spurs rivals whilst at spurs, is he?

Foolish, foolish post.

In the league alone, Berbatov has scored 8 goals and directly created 10. He's not just a 10 goal a season striker, he's one of the best on earth.

Half of those goals came in one game, so he's only scored four in the other twenty or so games (and one of them was a penalty)

I dont see what hes done to prove hes one of the best players on earth, his goalscoring record is fairly average and against good teams its appaling - he's scored something like 2 goals against top half teams since he's been here.

He's a good Premiership striker, like Anelka...but not top class.

Guest Ridzuan

It would be good right if Shearer is appointed the club counsillor and council any players who worship him to join our club.

being familiar with Berbatov ever since i first shouted abuse at him in his first games for CSKA, i have to say that he made it clear he supported Newcastle way back in 1999, when we played CSKA in the UEFA Cup.. there was an article in the paper about how he looks forward to playing against his favorite team and talking about Shearer's influence on him..

having said that, it would be a miracle if he decides that joining us would be a good career move for him, because it most certainly won't.

My pleasure:

End of the day mate he slept in his Newcastle 'Berbatov number 9' shirt, he dreamt of playing in the same shirt as Shearer and he may just get that chance :)

He does'nt strike me as the kind of player that would make decisions on his career based on his love of Shearer, he wants glory and Mna U can offer him that now.

On the outside, with no real knowledge of him personally, that's how he comes accross I agree.  Still this certainly gives us a chance if the bid is made and Keegan+Shearer both go to speak to him.  Keegan can talk about the Newcastle revolution, the others big players we're going for and big things in the near future with his usual ferver while Shearer can just say "I think your the only player who can finally fill my boots as Newcastle number 9, will you do it!".  Who knows, as I said I don't think anyone is really expected us to sign Berbatov, mostly due to Manure wanting him.  But who knows, we've got more chance then most of getting him..

I agree if keegan did get to talk to him it could happen, Keegan and Shearer talking to him may give us even more of a chance BUT I think even if by some miracle we did agree a fee with Spurs, I don't think Berb would even consider coming here for talks.

26 m for overrated moody striker... that just plainly stupid.... why anelka just 15m when obviously he is much better than berbatov?

Argueable, not obvious. He also just joined Chelsea.

Take Berb over Anelka any day even at a bigger fee, Berb is still going to get even better, he is a class act, agree a bit temperamental but I think a lot of that it to do with him needing an arm around the shoulder kind of manager and Keegan is that kind of manager...

Foolish, foolish post.

Half of those goals came in one game, so he's only scored four in the other twenty or so games (and one of them was a penalty)

I dont see what hes done to prove hes one of the best players on earth, his goalscoring record is fairly average and against good teams its appaling - he's scored something like 2 goals against top half teams since he's been here.

He's a good Premiership striker, like Anelka...but not top class.

It's a shame we're not even able to attract the good Premiership strikers, we have to settle for the average ones.

Foolish, foolish post.

Comical.

All of this is pointless until Berbatov or someone close to him makes even the slightest indication that he would be open to this move now - and I doubt that he would be.

Nothing that annoys Spurs fans is ever pointless :lol: