Berbatov

Guest sicko2ndbest

Do you honestly believe you would get Berbatov? :lol: He wont leave us except for a team that is challenging for major trophies and by that I mean the champions league and the domestic title. Throwing a hundred grand a week at him wont help him either; he isnt motivated by money and never has been, or he would have left leverkusen/us earlier.

And to clear this up. He didnt support Newcastle. He liked Shearer. That was it. If he had been playing for man utd, he would of 'supported' man utd. he has no feelings for the club. Its like Bergkamp. He didnt support tottenham. He supported hoddle. This quote applies for Berbatov too btw, just change the idol and club;

"Main thing was that I was a big fan of Glenn Hoddle. When you wanted to see Hoddle play you watched Tottenham. People often assume I'm a Spurs fan but it's not true. I was a fan of Glenn Hoddle, not of Spurs," Bergkamp once said."

I honestly see no reason why he would leave us for you. At the moment, we are really no more attractive than you or you us in terms of attracting players.

What if Shearer gets the No 2 job... that may help.

But I agree. No way would we attract Berbatov. If he leaves you its definitely for bigger and better things

I honestly see no reason why he would leave us for you. At the moment, we are really no more attractive than you or you us in terms of attracting players.

No arguments here.

Do you honestly believe you would get Berbatov? :lol: He wont leave us except for a team that is challenging for major trophies and by that I mean the champions league and the domestic title. Throwing a hundred grand a week at him wont help him either; he isnt motivated by money and never has been, or he would have left leverkusen/us earlier.

And to clear this up. He didnt support Newcastle. He liked Shearer. That was it. If he had been playing for man utd, he would of 'supported' man utd. he has no feelings for the club. Its like Bergkamp. He didnt support tottenham. He supported hoddle. This quote applies for Berbatov too btw, just change the idol and club;

"Main thing was that I was a big fan of Glenn Hoddle. When you wanted to see Hoddle play you watched Tottenham. People often assume I'm a Spurs fan but it's not true. I was a fan of Glenn Hoddle, not of Spurs," Bergkamp once said."

We'll just have to wait and see what happens as none of us know but his mother is quoted as saying he was a Newcastle supporter.

"As a boy Dimitar used to sleep in his Newcastle shirt. It was that special to him.

"He told me it was his dream to play for Newcastle one day and wear the same shirt as Alan Shearer, who is my son's hero."

I love how the Spurs fans know better about what he thought as a child than his own mother. bluelaugh.gif

Berba’s mum Margarita, 45, a former champion handball player, recalls how the Shearer shirt became her boy’s prized possession.

She said: “Dimitar wore this shirt all the time.

“He even used to sleep in his Newcastle shirt! It’s that special to him.

“Dimitar told me it was his dream to play for Newcastle United one day and wear the same shirt as Alan Shearer, who is my son’s hero.

“Shearer was a major inspiration for him to work hard for himself and the team. He liked the fact that Alan Shearer scored goals but was not a selfish player.

“Dimitar thinks this shirt may even have been a sign he was meant to play in England.”

His old schoolmate Mario Bekov, who has known Berbatov for 20 years, said his admiration for the former Toon ace bordered on obsession.

He said: “Dimitar never missed a Newcastle game when it was on television. And Shearer was up there with Pele as a God for him.”

Another pal, Stefan Damianov, recalled how Berbatov considered himself to be an honorary Geordie as he followed the Toon and grew up in a mining region of Blagoevgrad.

He said: “People in this part of Bulgaria like the Newcastle team especially and identify themselves with the football-mad culture of the people there and loyalty to the team.”

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00375/Berbatov_375683a.jpg

No arguments here.

I disagree because Newcastle is his boy hood club and every player wants to play for their favorite team at some point in their career.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

"As a boy Dimitar used to sleep in his Newcastle shirt. It was that special to him.

"He told me it was his dream to play for Newcastle one day and wear the same shirt as Alan Shearer, who is my son's hero."

I love how the Spurs fans know better about what he thought as a child than his own mother. bluelaugh.gif

I love how some Newcastle fans think they know more about the players I support weak in week out than I do. The media have been making up shit. A few weeks ago, his father came out saying he wanted to go to man utd. Then, his mother said he wanted to stay at tottenham. Then, his brother said he wanted to play for man utd. In comes his uncle, saying he does want to stay. Obviously not a very communicative family then.  :lol:

Surprise Surprise, every single one of the quotes turned out to be bullshit. Berbatov, who is usually a very quiet player, hardly does any interviews says he has to come out and stop all this crap becasue they are now fabricating quotes from his family. Not hard to see how that quote can be fabricated is it?

I love how some Newcastle fans think they know more about the players I support weak in week out than I do. The media have been making up shit. A few weeks ago, his father came out saying he wanted to go to man utd. Then, his mother said he wanted to stay at tottenham. Then, his brother said he wanted to play for man utd. In comes his uncle, saying he does want to stay. Obviously not a very communicative family then.  :lol:

Surprise Surprise, every single one of the quotes turned out to be bullshit. Berbatov, who is usually a very quiet player, hardly does any interviews says he has to come out and stop all this crap becasue they are now fabricating quotes from his family. Not hard to see how that quote can be fabricated is it?

Have you seen anywhere where he's said he didn't support Newcastle when he was younger then?

I love how some Newcastle fans think they know more about the players I support weak in week out than I do. The media have been making up shit. A few weeks ago, his father came out saying he wanted to go to man utd. Then, his mother said he wanted to stay at tottenham. Then, his brother said he wanted to play for man utd. In comes his uncle, saying he does want to stay. Obviously not a very communicative family then.  :lol:

I never said I knew more. I said his mother knew more. I never claimed to be the lovely Mrs Berbatov, let's clear that up right now.

You watch him, so you know what he thought as a child living in Bulgaria? Have a word. :lol:

I love how some Newcastle fans think they know more about the players I support weak in week out than I do. The media have been making up shit. A few weeks ago, his father came out saying he wanted to go to man utd. Then, his mother said he wanted to stay at tottenham. Then, his brother said he wanted to play for man utd. In comes his uncle, saying he does want to stay. Obviously not a very communicative family then.  :lol:

Are you saying that Berbatov's Mum photoshopped that photograph? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never said I knew more. I said his mother knew more. I never claimed to be the lovely Mrs Berbatov, let's clear that up right now.

You watch him, so you know what he thought as a child living in Bulgaria? Have a word. :lol:

:lol:

Spurs fan for you.

Haha.  mackems.gif

mackems.gif

It dont look photoshoped to me anyone know where I can find a bigger  image ? I cant see any artifacts but the image is a little small so that would cover a lot of sins.

Guest mobiius

Berba’s mum Margarita, 45, a former champion handball player, recalls how the Shearer shirt became her boy’s prized possession.

She said: “Dimitar wore this shirt all the time.

“He even used to sleep in his Newcastle shirt! It’s that special to him.

“Dimitar told me it was his dream to play for Newcastle United one day and wear the same shirt as Alan Shearer, who is my son’s hero.

“Shearer was a major inspiration for him to work hard for himself and the team. He liked the fact that Alan Shearer scored goals but was not a selfish player.

“Dimitar thinks this shirt may even have been a sign he was meant to play in England.”

His old schoolmate Mario Bekov, who has known Berbatov for 20 years, said his admiration for the former Toon ace bordered on obsession.

He said: “Dimitar never missed a Newcastle game when it was on television. And Shearer was up there with Pele as a God for him.”

Another pal, Stefan Damianov, recalled how Berbatov considered himself to be an honorary Geordie as he followed the Toon and grew up in a mining region of Blagoevgrad.

He said: “People in this part of Bulgaria like the Newcastle team especially and identify themselves with the football-mad culture of the people there and loyalty to the team.”

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00375/Berbatov_375683a.jpg

The Spuds fans need to believe this is all bollocks made up by the papers cos if it isn't then the chances are we will get him. We can afford his wages and i would think he was aware of the way that KK likes to play. He would be a very welcome addition to our team

also there is the little matter of Big Al taking on a role at the toon all the ingredients for a berbatov cake if you ask me. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Mate, Im saying neither. You said his mother knew more. I will never dispute that mrs. Berbatov knows more about Dimitar than I do. What I was saying was that quotes can easily be fabricated. I suppose then because she apparently said that he will be staying at tottenham, us spurs fans can expect to see him here for the next 5 seasons? Oh, and by support, I didnt just mean watch. As a football fan yourself, Im sure you will appreciate my passion for Tottenham doesnt just cease at the weekend. I read newstories about the players throughout the week etc. and there are infinite ones about Berbatov. There have been many supposed 'quotes' from his family members, all of whom Im sure you will agree know more about him than I do all of which seem to point to different career paths for Berbatov. Im sure you can see why I take all these quotes with a pinch of salt.

And again, I didnt say his mum photoshopped that photo. I have already admitted that he was a massive shearer fan. But you can see that from the photo. he has a no. 9 on it, just like Shearer did. There is an undoubted pleasure in seeing your name in the no. and strip of your hero. Doesnt mean he is a fan of the club.

I'll give another example. Gerrard is undoubtedly a massive liverpool fan. No-one can dispute that. He grew up with liverpool family, with liverpool fc literally on his doorstep. Yet, he used to collect football strips. He used to wear the man utd strip with one of their players' name on the back ( was it charlton, the name escapes me?).Anyway, he even got his name on the back of some of these strips. Are you telling me that Gerrard supports someone other than Liverpool?

Mate, Im saying neither. You said his mother knew more. I will never dispute that mrs. Berbatov knows more about Dimitar than I do. What I was saying was that quotes can easily be fabricated. I suppose then because she apparently said that he will be staying at tottenham, us spurs fans can expect to see him here for the next 5 seasons? Oh, and by support, I didnt just mean watch. As a football fan yourself, Im sure you will appreciate my passion for Tottenham doesnt just cease at the weekend. I read newstories about the players throughout the week etc. and there are infinite ones about Berbatov. There have been many supposed 'quotes' from his family members, all of whom Im sure you will agree know more about him than I do all of which seem to point to different career paths for Berbatov. Im sure you can see why I take all these quotes with a pinch of salt.

And again, I didnt say his mum photoshopped that photo. I have already admitted that he was a massive shearer fan. But you can see that from the photo. he has a no. 9 on it, just like Shearer did. There is an undoubted pleasure in seeing your name in the no. and strip of your hero. Doesnt mean he is a fan of the club.

I'll give another example. Gerrard is undoubtedly a massive liverpool fan. No-one can dispute that. He grew up with liverpool family, with liverpool fc literally on his doorstep. Yet, he used to collect football strips. He used to wear the man utd strip with one of their players' name on the back ( was it charlton, the name escapes me?).Anyway, he even got his name on the back of some of these strips. Are you telling me that Gerrard supports someone other than Liverpool?

The shirt quite clearly says Berbatov, and he looks quite happy about it.

Gerrard having Charlton on a Man U strip is completely different from Berbatov having Berbatov on a Newcastle strip.

You don't ever put your name on a shirt if you haven't wanted to play for that team.

I've never had my name on a Spurs shirt, that is for sure.

Guest nufcfan76

Speculation on speculation regarding emotions.  ;D You're all great. I never knew Berbatov's agent was on this board, from Africa and speaking with such poise and certainty.  :idiot2:

And to throw my two cents in- there's always a chance, get him in. Pure class. Pictures and quotes aside, if the price is right and the style is too, he'll come, but not on the cheap. I don't think he could break into the Man U team now with the strikeforce and chemistry they've got- it's that scary. And who would he replace, Owen, Martins? Look, everyone wants to win things, but if the passion is there while trying to do it, then it's preferred and that's gonna be a major postive about this club going forward. But just a previous managers have done- a token goal getter- when we need a solid defender. Simple.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

The shirt quite clearly says Berbatov, and he looks quite happy about it.

Gerrard having Charlton on a Man U strip is completely different from Berbatov having Berbatov on a Newcastle strip.

You don't ever put your name on a shirt if you haven't wanted to play for that team.

I've never had my name on a Spurs shirt, that is for sure.

Have I said anywhere that he had Shearer's name on there? Berbatov is there, clear as you like. I even said he would be elated to have his name on the same shirt and the same number of his idol Shearer.

As to the Gerrard thing, if you know the relationship between man utd and liverpool, you'd know its a big deal. You'd never see an tottenham fan wearing an arsenal shirt or a newcastle fan wearing a sunderland shirt, (unless they wanted to be disowned of course :cwm10:). I then went on to say, I believe he got his name on the shirt of those teams. Not only that but he had trials at tottenham and man utd as a younsgter; again the man utd thing was almost like blashpemy for his family yet he did it, even though he never really wanted to play for us or for man utd.

Oh and can I just comment on your rather large collection of smilies.  :lol:Very impressive, spent a good half minute staring at the flashing riches contained within the 'more' button.

:coolsmiley:

Do you think the shirt had a number 9 on becauses that's his position?  I'm sure if he was a keeper and supported Newcastle it would have had a number 1 on it.

Isn't motivated by anything apart from the transfer window playing for the spuds, thats a fine fuking fact for you.

You keep telling yourself he has no feeling for the club, you might believe it. Shearer was playing for England, why not be an England/shearer fan instead of being a Shearer/toon fan? Yet the pics show a toon top! I read nowt into it, but obviously it bursts you bubble, which is fuking fantastic.

Guest Ridzuan

I was surprised when I heard this news yesterday but lets be honest with ourselves,it is Berbatov we are talking about not Alan Shearer.Yes he may be a big fan when he was young,I dont know whether he is still a fan now,but when a team like Manchester United comes around,he would be foolish not to choose Manchester United.Im not saying that Shearer was foolish too,but he is just a completely different story.But you never know,Berbatov might have change of heart and decides to join us instead if KK decided to go after him.

So why are you using a quote from Bergkamp instead of a quote from Berbatov?  Because you have no quote from him that says the same thing, so you use a Berkamp quote as if that's some kind of evidence.. bizarre :lol:

I don't think anyone on this board is expecting us to sign him by the way.  Who knows how much he's changed since back in the Keegan days.  But common, lets not be stupid, its obvious he was a fan of both Shearer and Newcastle.  If an offer is made and Spurs accept then I can see a possibility there.  Keegan with his ability to sell snow to an eskimo as well as the promise of big things to come and talk of a Chelsea style revolution (only less boring).  Plus perhaps the offer of giving him the number 9 so he can finally have that 'Berbatov 9' shirt for real, and who knows, he might just take the offer.  Also there's the possibility of Shearer giving him a call and meeting up to have a chat about his future :D