Who do you blame for this summer's debacle?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's your opinion of the idiots who supported Souness regardless of his past record?

We knew it was going to go wrong yet so many wouldn't listen.

Actually, a number of those who supported Souness's staggering incompetence are the ones defending the Shepherd/Roeder shambles of the 31st.

Maybe they're just masochists ? blueconfused.gif

I think Roeder has to hold his hands up. He should have kept his trap shut instead of leading people on. Over the summer I heard more blather from him on Dirk Kuyt than i heard from Rafa Benitez, the bloke who actually signed him!

I think Roeder has to hold his hands up. He should have kept his trap shut instead of leading people on. Over the summer I heard more blather from him on Dirk Kuyt than i heard from Rafa Benitez, the bloke who actually signed him!

Pole position, close to 2-3 top signing etc.. Its only going to lead to expectation from the fans and massive disapointment when it didnt happen!

Pole position, close to 2-3 top signing etc.. Its only going to lead to expectation from the fans and massive disapointment when it didnt happen!

I'd agree. While I don't blame Roeder for the lack of top players coming in, a major feature of the last two months has been his pointless blathering.

Mind you, it does make you wonder how much he really knew about what was going on.

Ozzie's already posted in this thread.

I suspect I know who he is, not that I'm arsed. He's obviously a broken, beaten man  :lol:

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,28614.msg540955.html#msg540955

:lol: fair enough, I missed that. Would be nice to know where he's been hiding though since he staunchly defended Souness and advocated throwing all that money at him ........

i blame shepherd. i've frankly had enough of the fat twat.

it's time for him to go. i think most people on here (with the exception of leazesmag) would be happy to see him step aside if some oil rich arabs wanted to takeover the club.

it's time for him to go. i think most people on here (with the exception of leazesmag) would be happy to see him step aside if some oil rich arabs wanted to takeover the club.

He thinks highly of you too. In the event of not getting a rich arab taking over the club, would you take one of the dozens of chairman we have overtaken in the last 13 years instead ?

Or do you fancy your chances of getting one of the 4 above us to come here ?

He thinks highly of you too. In the event of not getting a rich arab taking over the club, would you take one of the dozens of chairman we have overtaken in the last 13 years instead ?

In the 9 years we've had shepherd, how many chairman have we gone above and how many have gone above us?

In the 9 years we've had shepherd, how many chairman have we gone above and how many have gone above us?

As I said earlier, do you consider manu to have a shite board now, as in the last few years they have gone backwards ?

Ditto Arsenal since they won the league ?

The facts are that only 4 clubs have been above us in terms of league position and european qualification, and also that - this summer - we have again been among the top spenders, despite the huge amount our "shite" board spent last year. You say you do figures, so do you not accept this ?

As I said earlier, do you consider manu to have a shite board now, as in the last few years they have gone backwards ?

The facts are that only 4 clubs have been above us in terms of league position and european qualification, and also that - this summer - we have again been among the top spenders, despite the huge amount our "shite" board spent last year. You say you do figures, so do you not accept this ?

I've answered the question already about Man U and Arsenal, once is enough.

In terms of league position since Freddy took over weve been below 4 teams, right, here's the 4.

Year 1

Arsenal, Manchester U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leeds, Blackburn, Aston Villa, West Ham, Derby, Leicester, Coventry, Southampton.

Year 2

Manchester, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, West Ham, Aston Villa, Liverpool, Derby, Middlesbrough, Leicester, Tottenham, Sheffield W.

Year 3

Manchester, Arsenal, Leeds, Liverpool, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Sunderland, Leicester, West Ham, Tottenham.

Year 4

Manchester, Arsenal, Liverpool, Leeds, Ipswich, Chelsea, Sunderland, Aston Villa, Charlton, Southampton.

Year 5

Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester U.

Year 6

Manchester, Arsenal.

Year 7

Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester U, Liverpool.

Year 8

Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester U, Everton, Liverpool, Bolton, Middlesbrough, Manchester C, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Charlton, Birmingham, Fulham

Year 9

Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Blackburn Rovers. 

Edit.

It says a lot when we've been below shitty Villa and Doug Ellis 5 seasons out of 9.

In terms of league position since Freddy took over weve been below 4 teams, right, here's the 4.

Year 1

Arsenal, Manchester U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leeds, Blackburn, Aston Villa, West Ham, Derby, Leicester, Coventry, Southampton.

Year 2

Manchester, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, West Ham, Aston Villa, Liverpool, Derby, Middlesbrough, Leicester, Tottenham, Sheffield W.

Year 3

Manchester, Arsenal, Leeds, Liverpool, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Sunderland, Leicester, West Ham, Tottenham.

Year 4

Manchester, Arsenal, Liverpool, Leeds, Ipswich, Chelsea, Sunderland, Aston Villa, Charlton, Southampton.

Year 5

Year 6

Manchester, Arsenal.

Year 7

Year 8

Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester U, Everton, Liverpool, Bolton, Middlesbrough, Manchester C, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Charlton, Birmingham, Fulham

Year 9

Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Blackburn Rovers. 

Edit.

It says a lot when we've been below shitty Villa and Doug Ellis 5 seasons out of 9.

Only 4 teams have a higher average position, and qualifed for europe more than us. Fact. The fact that one club ie Southampton, finished above us twice in the last decade means absolutely sweet FA so far as I can see. Where are they now ? Do they have a shite board or a good board ? And remember - that they were above us for a LONG time when we had our own previous board ....

Year 1

Year 2

Year 3

Year 4

Year 5

Year 6

Manchester, Arsenal.

Year 7

Year 8

Year 9

Edit.

Only 4 teams have a higher average position, and qualifed for europe more than us. Fact. The fact that one club ie Southampton, finished above us twice in the last decade means absolutely sweet FA so far as I can see. Where are they now ? Do they have a shite board or a good board ? And remember - that they were above us for a LONG time when we had our own previous board ....

Shitty Villa and Doug Ellis have been above us 5 times, the great Freddy has been above them and him 4 times.  The shitty Arsenal and Man U as you call them have never finished below us while we've had Shepherd.

Before Shepherd arrived only Man U finished above Newcastle, where are we now?

Year 1

Year 2

Year 3

Year 4

Year 5

Year 6

Manchester, Arsenal.

Year 7

Year 8

Year 9

Edit.

Shitty Villa and Doug Ellis have been above us 5 times, the great Freddy has been above them and him 4 times.  The shitty Arsenal and Man U as you call them have never finished below us while we've had Shepherd.

Its slightly inconcruous, that, though. How many seasons was it only Man Utd above us?

Year 1

Year 2

Year 3

Year 4

Year 5

Year 6

Manchester, Arsenal.

Year 7

Year 8

Year 9

Edit.

Why do you avoid answering my reply ?

As I have said, if regular european football is not good enough for you, stop going and force them out like 30,000 did the last time we were shite, for the vast majority of over 30 years. We haven't appointed a manager as good as Keegan was, I'll give you that, such people grow on trees don't they  :roll:

Do you agree that manu and Arsenal have gone backwards recently so they must, by your criteria, now have shite boards ?

Year 1

Year 2

Year 3

Year 4

Year 5

Year 6

Manchester, Arsenal.

Year 7

Year 8

Year 9

Edit.

As I have said, if regular european football is not good enough for you, stop going and force them out like 30,000 did the last time we were shite, for the vast majority of over 30 years. We haven't appointed a manager as good as Keegan was, I'll give you that, such people grow on trees don't they  :roll:

Do you agree that manu and Arsenal have gone backwards recently so they must, by your criteria, now have shite boards ?

Your infantile argument is really pissing me off! You mention that we have been amongst the top 4 or 5 top spenders during Shepherd's reign so, in a money dominated league, the bare minimum we could have expected was to finish in the top 6 consistantly. Can't you see that if Shepherd had had a strategic plan, and made better key decisions, we could and should have done a hell of a lot better?

I've answered your question about Arsenal and Man U already, learn to read, I'm not repeating the answer just because you can't be bothered to find where you first asked it.  You might not mind repeating yourself, I'd rather not.

How many times has Freddy guided us to a league position above Shitty Villa?

How many times has he guided us to a position below shitty villa?

You should try answering questions, if Ellis and Villa are shitty and Freddy is good then the answer must be in our favour, right?

I'll ask the questions, thank you.

How many? And can that be compared to the number of seasons we've had since?

Before we went on that run above we finished 2nd twice, the run above followed 3rd, 6th, 2nd, 2nd.  That's a much better sequence than what we've had most of the time under shepherd.

Here's the teams that finished above Newcastle in our first 4 season in the Premiership.

Manchester U, Blackburn

Blackburn, Manchester, Nottingham F, Liverpool, Leeds

Manchester U

Manchester U

Year 1

Year 2

Year 3

Year 4

Year 5

Year 6

Manchester, Arsenal.

Year 7

Year 8

Year 9

Edit.

Your infantile argument is really pissing me off! You mention that we have been amongst the top 4 or 5 top spenders during Shepherd's reign so, in a money dominated league, the bare minimum we could have expected was to finish in the top 6 consistantly. Can't you see that if Shepherd had had a strategic plan, and made better key decisions, we could and should have done a hell of a lot better?

your ability to remain deluded, unrealistic and make up things as you go rather than look at facts and have a mind of your own, doesn't really piss me off, in fact I think its funny.

It's mainly Shepherd's fault. He appointed Souness. Whatever Souness did to destroy the team was inevitably going to happen anyway, given his track record. He shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near Newcastle United. That responsibility lies with Shepherd.