Owen or Martins, why?

Kev
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

who do you prefer?

i would say martins, all because hes younger, faster and will only improve under keegan when hes back from african cup of nations

he needs to sort his first touch out but imo he has the potential to be a top striker under a good manager

Owen. He may do nothing for an entire game, but he still has the ability to hit the back of the net in the last minute.

He's a goalscorer and always will be a goalscorer. For that, I'd take him over Martins.

Martins because he's still got his best ahead of him. He has some kinks in his game, but hopefully KK can iron them out.

I still like Owen though, I just think he hasn't done much for us (by no real fault of his own I know) and he doesn't look that interested. And to be fair, I'm sick of how the media acts with him, I get sick of hearing his name in the papers.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Owen, Martins is at his peak now for his attributes. He will not get any quicker. He will be a scorer of great goals, but not a great goalscorer.

Can i have Owen with Martins pace?

Owen's legs have gone get him out for what we can in my opinion.  Whilst he is still 'fit'.

Martins is the future, there is a reason Wenger has been interested in the guy and the Inter fans were so sorry to see him leave

Guest assyriantoon

With both of them you have players who will do very little in a game and then score out of nothing. However, I think Martins is almost a liabilty most of the time, breaking up our own attacks with bad decisions and poor passes. I feel that Martins is just a runner with a hard shot, rather then a footballer. Although he is younger and less injury prone then Owen, I still think Owen has that extra bit of class.

Owen's legs have gone get him out for what we can in my opinion.  Whilst he is still 'fit'.

Martins is the future, there is a reason Wenger has been interested in the guy and the Inter fans were so sorry to see him leave

Wenger could have got him if he really wanted him but he went for Eduardo for similar money. I can't see Martins fitting in with Arsenals passing game tbh

Martins to Arsenal was newspaper 2+2=5 imo. Were Inter fans really that sorry to see him leave? They have far better players than he'll ever be there now.

Martins to Arsenal was newspaper 2+2=5 imo. Were Inter fans really that sorry to see him leave? They have far better players than he'll ever be there now.

Because he was very effective at Inter. In a league where Pace is relatively scarce Martins tore past defenders very easily. His goal scoring record was very good when you consider how many times he was just a substitute for them.

So basically we have a choice between a striker who gets chances but dosn't score. and i striker who can score but dosn't get chances..fucking hell.

Easy choice TBH. The fist thing is quite hard to solve, the second isn't.

I'd probably start Owen because of his ability to score at and time. However, i believe Martins is more valuable due to his age.

Martins is a good striker even though he is only 22. Give him a couple of years good coaching and he'll come on leaps and bounds IMO.

Easy choice - owen

martins doesn't know how to play football

Didn't half score a few goals last season, in the best league in the world, for someone who doesn't know how to play football.

Jesus wept.

Easy choice - owen

Didn't half score a few goals last season, in the best league in the world, for someone who doesn't know how to play football.

Jesus wept.

:rolleyes:

Owen is the better footballer, and would score far more goals in a top team. For us, however, i'm beginning to think Martins is more effective. Despite him being poor positionally, panicked in possession and lacking in composure in front of goal, he gives us something. His chasing down of defenders, strength on the ball and most importantly his pace - which does scare defences, even if he doesn't know how to use it - completely change the balance of our side. This was painfully evident when he was replaced by Owen against Chelsea and again against Man City, and the reason we have looked bereft of any cutting edge whatsoever in the last two league games.

When Martins returns i would partner him with Owen for a run of games, something we're still yet to see, and use Viduka as an impact sub.

Easy choice - owen

Jesus wept.

Joint 12th highest goalscorer in the PL wasn't he? Or something like that. Pretty average, but not bad for a first season either.