Beckham

Guest sicko2ndbest

Aye mate anal also goes on to say that Harry Rednapp phoned him last week and his parting shot was to ask about shola amadonkey  he must of wanted someone to walk his dogs along tynemouth long sands if he got the toon job. But no it was to tell anal why he turned the toon job down and he felt that anal needed an explanation. wouldn't believe too much the chronic says nowadays that FFS has gone and the need for publicity has gone.

One of the goons on Sunday Suppliment last Sunday, who had onced work for the Chronicle said it was "the voice of newcastle"  i nearly chocked on my fruit n fibre!

If this is true, it seems Ashley is most interested in selling merchandise. Take for instance, the volume of 'King Kev' items that came up for sale on the official site immediately after he was signed.

I wouldn't mind having Beckham here, except that I would be annoyed when everyone and there dog started wearing Newcastle shirts with Beckham on the back.

If this is true, it seems Ashley is most interested in selling merchandise. Take for instance, the volume of 'King Kev' items that came up for sale on the official site immediately after he was signed.

I wouldn't mind having Beckham here, except that I would be annoyed when everyone and there dog started wearing Newcastle shirts with Beckham on the back.

He's a billionaire nevertheless. Let's hope his intention on Kevin Keegan is different from Beckham tho.

I  think we would be a looking loan deal, cannot imagine they are thinking about signing him full term.

A loan deal until for the next few months makes sense.

Teams don't want to sell their best players in January and it gets Milner out of the starting 11.

It's bollocks. Not a single thing in the article that isn't speculation.

Papers sold, rumours started, job done. One hack can sleep well tonight.

As for Beckham - no. He's probably 6 months away from being fit enough to compete in the Premier League again. Let's hope he gets his 100th England cap and then wave him goodbye.

Guest michaelfoster

Can't see Posh Spice wanting to come and trek round the Metro Centre tbh

In fact, it seems the ideal place for her.

Those ice cream stands dont work themselves

• 2 months later...

I tend to listen to Talksport even though in recent times its started to niggle at me.

But for fucks sake. Today they have had "David Beckham Day". Playing loads of clips and interviewing various people from his past.

They even had Ian Abrahams trawling around East London visiting his Junior school and some pub he once collected glasses at.

No thank you, would be annoyed if he came to be honest, dont think he's done as a player, but a player who's staure would force the managers hand somewhat selection wise, which means one less place in the team for another player to prove himself, this club needs to kick on and start looking for long term acquisitions, I would be pissed if Ashley orchestrated this move.

Dont get me started on what the media would do if Beckham came and didnt get in the squad....PR disaster.

I've often wondered what his profile as a footballer would be if he hadn't married a Spice Girl. It gave him celebrity status all over the world, and I think it's influenced a lot of people's opinion about him as a footballer - ie he's famous, so he must be good.

I've often wondered what his profile as a footballer would be if he hadn't married a Spice Girl. It gave him celebrity status all over the world, and I think it's influenced a lot of people's opinion about him as a footballer - ie he's famous, so he must be good.

Really? I always thought he was afforded bit of extra respect because, despite being ridiculoulsy famous, he was always 100% committed on the pitch and continued to dig England out of holes throughout his career (apart from in France 98 obviously).

True, I've got nothing but respect for Beckham, he's come back from being the most hated man in the country - every obstacle he's had in the game he's overcome... he's proved to more than one manager who's written him off that he's still got a lot to offer.

That said, I don't want him at Newcastle - the media attention would be insane.

Really? I always thought he was afforded bit of extra respect because, despite being ridiculoulsy famous, he was always 100% committed on the pitch and continued to dig England out of holes throughout his career (apart from in France 98 obviously).

Yep, that's how I see it too.

Beckham's a model pro - a great example to everyone in terms of making the most of the talents you've got. The hatred towards him is borne out of pure jealousy nine times out of ten. Delighted for him that he got his 100th cap.

Dont hate him but he is overrated in my opinion and is not good enough to play for England

A lot of people do hate him though. I'd agree he's possibly had his day as an England. There aren't exactly loads of decent alternatives though.

Beckham's a model pro - a great example to everyone in terms of making the most of the talents you've got. The hatred towards him is borne out of pure jealousy nine times out of ten. Delighted for him that he got his 100th cap.

:clap: :clap: :clap: