Spurs - why do so many people on here hate them?

Rob W

I don't particularly dislike them - they've never done us over big time, they win nowt (like us), they don't have a mad manager, or a Russian Zillionaire, they try and play decent football, their fans are a lot quieter than anything out of Manchester or Merseyside, they wash , you can just about breathe the air there......

Admittedly I've had a couple of interesting runs ahead of the mob from the ground down to teh station but Hey!  I needed the exercise - and they're nothing like Millwall or Chelski or....anyone in Glasgow in the violence stakes

So why are they on so many hate lists?

They are rivals in terms of league positioning, also alot of them are quite smug and deluded, not all of them though, infact i may be wrong and most are ok.

I think alot of Newcastle fans may also just be bitter that us and Spurs seem to have swapped positions over the past couple of years, in terms of finishing in the top 5 and being in Europe anyway.

Guest nufc_geordie

They are rivals in terms of league positioning, also alot of them are quite smug and deluded, not all of them though, infact i may be wrong and most are ok.

I think alot of Newcastle fans may also just be bitter that us and Spurs seem to have swapped positions over the past couple of years, in terms of finishing in the top 5 and being in Europe anyway.

"alot of them are quite smug and DELUDED..."

Not many people like that on here is there?

"alot of them are quite smug and DELUDED..."

Not many people like that on here is there?

Tbh i think thats why i hate them because in my brain they think they're better than us....when in actual fact, the sad truth is that they are better than us......which fucking annoys me.

I've only ever met one Spurs fan that i like and he was from Portsmouth. Every other Spurs fan i've met has been a fucking tool.

I actually enjoy watching them play and i like some of their players but their fans are a waste of skin.

Met one Spurs fan and he was ok, seemed to hold is in pretty high regard.

This was when Roeder was in charge, when we played that Turkish team in the Uefa, forgot who it was now.

I've met some bad some ok and some I wanted to kick the fuck out of! But overall they're a bunch of cunts!

The law of averages say so!

I've met around 56 spurs fans of which 5% were ok while the remaining 95% are cockney "i fink were the dogs".......... wankers!

Need John Snow with his swingometer tbh!

Guest NorwegianMag

I think they play decent and entertaining football. Ramos is a fantastic manager, and I loved the way Sevilla played under him.

Hope Chelsea win the thing because, while their fans have a lot of arseholes amongst their ranks this would be small fry to them, whereas Everton or Spurs would use it to demonstrate they were back in the big time. And Everton fans, probably more than Spurs for me, have a big contigent who seem obsessed with telling us what a poxy little club we are. Probably makes me as bad as them lot like.

I think it is because there are a lot of people in the broadcast media who support them so when they are doing well, they are hyped up out of all proportion and so you get sick hearing about them.

Heard one last night - now they are through to one final, they expect to win all 3 cups but then I know others you would be happy with just the one cup.  I guess the more irritating and embarrassing fans (like our own) are more vocal that the silent majority.

Spurs ITKs and their bollocks claims that everyone in the world wants to sign for them, and the only reason they don't is because someone else gave them a billion more in hard cash. Therefore these players are really mercenaries and they never really wanted them anyway.