Walcott on Loan

Guest ObaStar

Guest ObaStar

Walcott can go on loan

By MARK IRWIN

Published: Today

ARSENE WENGER wants to loan striker Theo Walcott to another Premier League club.

The Arsenal boss has made a number of calls to rival managers offering them the England star, 18, for the rest of the season.

But he wants guarantees Walcott, signed in a deal that could be worth £12million to Southampton, will be a regular first-teamer and will play down the middle — not out wide.

Wenger has said: “There is a gap here between playing in the reserves and our first team. So I try to loan them to another club, to get them ready.”

Only last week he admitted Walcott, still to score in the league for the Gunners, has not made the progress he expected during his two years at Arsenal.

Wenger decided to act after another ineffective Walcott game in the 5-1 humiliation at Spurs.

Lets get him in.

But he wants guarantees Walcott, signed in a deal that could be worth £12million to Southampton, will be a regular first-teamer and will play down the middle — not out wide.

That knocks that one on the head then.

I'm not interested in us improving another club's young players.

Let's either improve our own young players, or else get some better players in of our own.

If Walcott could get us into Europe / save us from relegation then fine. If he was a real superstar player then fine. But not just to give a big club's reserves a runout when we're in no danger of going down and no danger of getting into Europe.

Guest sittingontheball

Only if he lets us beat them in the FA Cup!

This season is a complete writeoff for us now. We have to build our own team for next season, not someone elses.

I think Walcott has more potential than Rossi, plus he has PACE, which we need.  I think he could be a good players to have here on loan, although if I were Wenger, I'd just look back to the Rossi loan and say no to any young players going to Newcastle.

Yeah, he would be a good addition to the squad. But he should only be looked at if our other targets fall through. He is still young and he probably wont set the world alight here, all we are doing is making him better for Arsene.

So if we cant get our transfer targets, get him in.

He's a good player Walcott. He made a mistake going to Arsenal and being forced into a unselfish passing style that isnt his game, if he went to Man Utd he'd have a lot more freedom and with their direct style and his pace he'd score bucketloads.

If he was a real superstar player then fine. But not just to give a big club's reserves a runout when we're in no danger of going down and no danger of getting into Europe.

But Arsenal's reserves aren't like, say, Portsmouth's reserves, are they?

It is so difficult to sign players in January, that any manager would be mad to disagree on principle with loans at this point. I'm not that bothered about Walcott, but if someone offered me, say, Eduardo for the rest of the season so we could look for a permanent striker in the easier summer window, I'd snap their hands off.

I'd also think that loan options for KK, with him just having dropped at short notice into the job halfway through the window, would make even more sense.

I'm not interested in us improving another club's young players.

Let's either improve our own young players, or else get some better players in of our own.

If Walcott could get us into Europe / save us from relegation then fine. If he was a real superstar player then fine. But not just to give a big club's reserves a runout when we're in no danger of going down and no danger of getting into Europe.