King Kev bigs up the Zog

Skirge

No way is he a centre-midfielder though, left-wing all the way please.

Definitely his position. He has all of the attributes - pace, decent cross, some tricks, good workrate but he doesn't have the passing game / football brain to play in the middle imo, despite his comments saying he prefers playing there. He's wasted anywhere bar wide-left imo.

Guest Erich von Manstein

Has all the attributes to be one of the greatest wingers on the continent, seriously doubt he'll fulfil his potential at NUFC though.

Milner, Zoggy and Duff, hmmmm a tough one for kev..

Duff doesn't look like he can play more than half a game atm, so i'd rotate him and Milner on the right.. and hopefully in the summer we can buy some other retard and sell Duff while we can..

N'Zogbia on the left, Emre and some other anti-footballer in middle and that's what i'd play every game till the end of the season.. no changes, no 3 in the middle, no position swapping.

Duff doesn't look like he can play more than half a game atm, so i'd rotate him and Milner on the right.. and hopefully in the summer we can buy some other retard and sell Duff while we can..

N'Zogbia on the left, Emre and some other anti-footballer in middle and that's what i'd play every game till the end of the season.. no changes, no 3 in the middle, no position swapping.

That sounds strangely sensible mostly.

That sounds strangely sensible mostly.

I concur. It's a weird feeling.

I'd go with this (injuries allowing):

...............................Given

Beye...........Taylor............Cacapa.............Enrique

Duff............Faye..............Emre...............N'Zogbia

..................Martins.........Owen

Viduka, Smith and Butt are just too slow.

No way is he a centre-midfielder though, left-wing all the way please.

Definitely his position. He has all of the attributes - pace, decent cross, some tricks, good workrate but he doesn't have the passing game / football brain to play in the middle imo, despite his comments saying he prefers playing there. He's wasted anywhere bar wide-left imo.

I'm glad some people can see that.  The number of people claiming he can be a top class central midfielder right now is fucking baffling.

I'd go with this (injuries allowing):

...............................Given

Beye...........Taylor............Cacapa.............Enrique

Duff............Faye..............Emre...............N'Zogbia

..................Martins.........Owen

Viduka, Smith and Butt are just too slow.

Would have Faye in for Cacapa and put Barton in middle

Cacapa is awful

Guest Erich von Manstein

Cacapa is awful

No way is he. He's been our best defender this season apart from Beye, he had a daft quarter of an hour against Portsmouth but he's certainly far from awful.

Mmm I'd say..

Given

Beye            Taylor        Cacapa            Enrique

Milner          Barton        Emre                N'Zogbia

Viduka          Martins

Cacapa is awful?

fair enough, he made some mistakes, but it'd be nice if people don't jump on such grand statements, based on the media crap and sky's match ratings.

imo, Cacapa is superior than Taylor in every department, apart from heading, maybe.

I don't know what more were people expecting for him? he has captained a side which won 5 titles and you don't do that if you're awful.

Cacapa is awful?

fair enough, he made some mistakes, but it'd be nice if people don't jump on such grand statements, based on the media crap and sky's match ratings.

imo, Cacapa is superior than Taylor in every department, apart from heading, maybe.

I don't know what more were people expecting for him? he has captained a side which won 5 titles and you don't do that if you're awful.

:thup: thought he was our best defender in both matches at the Emirates. Broke up more attacks than the rest of our team combined, possibly.

Cacapa is awful?

:thup: thought he was our best defender in both matches at the Emirates. Broke up more attacks than the rest of our team combined, possibly.

Agreed.