The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

I am friends with a local journalist. Apprently Roeder has said off the record that he hates albert!

After albert scored against safc apparently he thought he was the man in training, sloping about like he had made it! this upset roeder big style!

Is this local journalist Alan Oliver?

I am friends with a local journalist. Apprently Roeder has said off the record that he hates albert!

After albert scored against safc apparently he thought he was the man in training, sloping about like he had made it! this upset roeder big style!

haha, not surprising if its true, really.

That cross that he put in today was absolutely class.

Also, never offside. Duff was coming back, Luque was fine, and he tucked away brilliantly.

I saw Luque run back onside and receive the ball, I was surprised that he was called offside tbh.

Standing offside when Given took a goal kick. He was lucky that I wasn't carrying a Kalashnikov.

Freekick, surely? Couldn't be offside from a goal kick last time I checked.

Never saw the highlights of the second half on Football First... in the ground I thought Luque was onside when he scored, glad to see I was right. Thought he did alright in his brief stint, despite getting half-a-dozen long balls to contest for against their huge defence.

He scored a legal goal and almost set up another with a brilliant cross, in just 20 minutes.

People say he's getting his chances and not taking them, but he's only started six competitive games for us. This season he's started two pre-season games and scored two goals, he's played 20 mins in the Prem and had a goal wrongly called offside. I think people need to cut him a little slack, on this season's evidence he deserves his chance in the team.

As far as I was aware he didn't even stray offside, but i can't remember tbh.

But the goal should have stood and that would have made glenny boy think twice about selling him (if he ever was planning to sell him).

He'll end up getting cup-tied anyway though with Shola's injury as it is.

Guest NUFCrichard

Does anyone else think that we are finally pushing through the Martins deal because otherwise Roeder would be forced to give Luque a chance. 

I really think now that we should sell him, because there seems no way that he will be allowed to show is how good he actually is whilst Roeder is in charge. 

For me he'll go down with Saha and Lua Lua as players who could have been good for the club but were never given a proper chance to shine. :(

Does anyone else think that we are finally pushing through the Martins deal because otherwise Roeder would be forced to give Luque a chance. 

I really think now that we should sell him, because there seems no way that he will be allowed to show is how good he actually is whilst Roeder is in charge. 

For me he'll go down with Saha and Lua Lua as players who could have been good for the club but were never given a proper chance to shine. :(

I'm hoping that even with the new buy, Luque will still get his chance especially in the UEFA Cup against more technical teams. In fact most top sides have 4 strikers. With the new buy, we will only have 3. So its not all doom and gloom for him just yet, but you are right, it all depends whether Roeder wants to give him a chance of just waste 9.5 million worth of investment

Why sell him now when he's starting to improve on the pitch? We won't get much money from him, probably not even half of what we payed. So, IMO let him shine vs Ventspils and then let Shola rest on Sunday and see how Martins and Luque works together v Villa

I'm hoping that even with the new buy, Luque will still get his chance especially in the UEFA Cup against more technical teams. In fact most top sides have 4 strikers. With the new buy, we will only have 3. So its not all doom and gloom for him just yet, but you are right, it all depends whether Roeder wants to give him a chance of just waste 9.5 million worth of investment

3 Fit ones assuming we get Martins, I'll say if Dyer and Owen ever return then our strikerforce isn't tht bad tbh we always got emergency backups like Duff N'Zogbia etc... now time for the defence

3 Fit ones assuming we get Martins, I'll say if Dyer and Owen ever return then our strikerforce isn't tht bad tbh we always got emergency backups like Duff N'Zogbia etc... now time for the defence

forgot bout Owen tbh  :lol:

forgot bout Owen tbh  :lol:

tbh so did i :lol: to be fair i've written off Owen for this season so we need a temporary 1 year striker to cover him maybe someone along the likes of Shearer

jk before some people kick off :p

Guest Moe-Ali

What now, with martins?

I mean dont get me wrong, i love the aspect and prospect of having Ameobi and Martins up there.

But one of the things i wanted to see was luque get more time..

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

is there a link or article?

Take AS9 seriously at your own peril!

Well? Even if he hasnt said that, there is still every chance that Anal will turn it into "my sources inside the club tell me" considering we (N-O) surely end up being his sources more often than anyone inside the club is! :lol: