The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

Maturity to reply to a question/point that you understand perfectly but choose not to, is what I had in mind. Whats the betting you still don't respond .....

You keep contadicting yourself mate :lol:  :thup:

When you stop lying, misinterpreting peoples views, harrasing members, hijacking threads, ignoring people's opinions/questions and show you can debate in a mature fashion and not like a bairn with a lip on, then I'll stop ---> :lol: at you.

Until then you carry on taking the piss out of us kids, tossers and foreigners on a board you don't take serious and only post on to educate us all with your wisdom  :roll:

I don't mind  :lol:

Keep reading your books for your 2nd hand knowledge  :lol:

Anyone but Fred  :lol: Anwering my point about selling those 3 players, which you understand quite well what I mean, would be a good starting point to show us your own wisdom and knowledge .....

Serious question BTW

You keep contradicting yourself there, mind you don't trip over that lip on :lol:

Oh, and ta for coming back, I feared you'd stay away forever like you hinted at. Gotta keep those numbers up. Knew I could rely on you :lol:

I rest my case.

Another valuable click  :thup:

Well, another chance to show us your wisdom gone. It seems that I am right - again, shame you can't bring yourself to disuss it like an adult on a forum ought to do  :lol:

But Luque is not a quality player for us. IMO, he's the latest in a long line of foreign players we've bought that may have looked good in their own countries but are unable to adapt to the premier league.....viana, marcelhino, bassedas there's about 20 mill down the toilet....and I've not seen anything to suggest that Luque is much different.

We might as well stop buying English players. Owen, Butt, Bramble, Ramage, Chopra bla bla bla, to name a few of those English players who have failed in Newcastle United.

No foregin players, no English players. Someone setup an academy in Pluto or Mars please ;)

Good point. We have had just as many maybe more english flops, yet we keep on buying them at a steeper price.

Why not buy one striker and give Luque his chance. So far this season he has had one performance and 1 goal. That's a 100% record as far as i'm concerned.

The situations not complicated, the guy had a poor season because of a horrific injury. Not because he's saddam hussiens evil twin and wants to stay on the bench and earn his 40k a week.

The guy had a VERY poor season because his attitude stinks.

Guest Bellers

But Luque is not a quality player for us. IMO, he's the latest in a long line of foreign players we've bought that may have looked good in their own countries but are unable to adapt to the premier league.....viana, marcelhino, bassedas there's about 20 mill down the toilet....and I've not seen anything to suggest that Luque is much different.

We might as well stop buying English players. Owen, Butt, Bramble, Ramage, Chopra bla bla bla, to name a few of those English players who have failed in Newcastle United.

No foregin players, no English players. Someone setup an academy in Pluto or Mars please ;)

Good point. We have had just as many maybe more english flops, yet we keep on buying them at a steeper price.

Why not buy one striker and give Luque his chance. So far this season he has had one performance and 1 goal. That's a 100% record as far as i'm concerned.

The situations not complicated, the guy had a poor season because of a horrific injury. Not because he's saddam hussiens evil twin and wants to stay on the bench and earn his 40k a week.

The guy had a VERY poor season because his attitude stinks.

The guy had had an indifferent season because he had an injury, he's new to the league, and his attitude wasn't good.

Guest Bellers

It's academic anyway, 'cos what he didn't do last season doesn't count.....apparently.

I don't think people are saying that, they just want the lad to have a clean slate so he can have another crack at the whip.

Guest Footsoldier

If every player put in the effort that Luque puts in along with his attitude, we'd be relegated. Looks like that would be acceptable to some of you.

How many cracks of the whip is he going to get? Shall we give him 'til Christmas to get over his blisters/ bad back whatever....and then give him another crack of the whip next season? FFS.

Guest Morph

If every player put in the effort that Luque puts in along with his attitude, we'd be relegated. Looks like that would be acceptable to some of you.

How many cracks of the whip is he going to get? Shall we give him 'til Christmas to get over his blisters/ bad back whatever....and then give him another crack of the whip next season? FFS.

how about you give him a little run in the team for a change?  Hes barely started 4 games on the trot for us for fucks sake.

It's academic anyway, 'cos what he didn't do last season doesn't count.....apparently.

I don't think people are saying that, they just want the lad to have a clean slate so he can have another crack at the whip.

On the contrary......

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,25350.msg474979.html#msg474979

.....and he wasn't the only one.

Guest Footsoldier

As I've mentioned before, Roeder saw him in training every day and he judged him not to be worth a spot in the team or on the bench at times. And he was fit at the time. He didn't deserve a run in the team and more importantly, we couldn't afford to have in the team as we needed to get up the league.

As I've mentioned before, Roeder saw him in training every day and he judged him not to be worth a spot in the team or on the bench at times. And he was fit at the time. He didn't deserve a run in the team and more importantly, we couldn't afford to have in the team as we needed to get up the league.

All facts that will be lost on people on this forum. I don't know why people want to award this bloke special treatment.

On the contrary......

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,25350.msg474979.html#msg474979

I've changed my mind and I now agree with you 100%, what a player does the previous season is all that matters, current form is utterly irrelivant in deciding wether someone should play for Newcastle.........  :lol:

Seriously, the most important thing when deciding what players to play is form, how the player is playing NOW, not the previous season.  If Shola Ameobi started scoring hattricks then the last several seasons of mediocrity would not make a blind bit of difference, he'd play every week in my team.  As it is last season we saw Luque start 8 times and make a few short and late sub apearances.  Which makes it even more obsured to think that you believe what he did in those games is more important then what he does this season.  You've deleveloped an irrational hatred for a player and you're letting it blind you, which is quite typical of a large section of our fanbase.  Wouldn't surprise me if you were one of the idiots at St James who were complaining about Luque's goal against Lillistrome.

For the people who say, Luque puts in gutless performances whenever he plays - give us an example of him doing that, when everyone else around him wasn't, because all I see is him trying too hard to impress, like that silly yellow card against whatstheirname's keeper. (in case everyone else had already forgotten, every single one of our players looked every bit a gutless piece of shite in Souness's last few matches in charge)

Guest Bellers

For the people who say, Luque puts in gutless performances whenever he plays - give us an example of him doing that, when everyone else around him wasn't, because all I see is him trying too hard to impress, like that silly yellow card against whatstheirname's keeper. (in case everyone else had already forgotten, every single one of our players looked every bit a gutless piece of shite in Souness's last few matches in charge)

If you ask me he tries too hard.

On the contrary......

I've changed my mind and I now agree with you 100%, what a player does the previous season is all that matters, current form is utterly irrelivant in deciding wether someone should play for Newcastle.........  :lol:

Seriously, the most important thing when deciding what players to play is form, how the player is playing NOW, not the previous season.  If Shola Ameobi started scoring hattricks then the last several seasons of mediocrity would not make a blind bit of difference, he'd play every week in my team.  As it is last season we saw Luque start 8 times and make a few short and late sub apearances.  Which makes it even more obsured to think that you believe what he did in those games is more important then what he does this season.  You've deleveloped an irrational hatred for a player and you're letting it blind you, which is quite typical of a large section of our fanbase.  Wouldn't surprise me if you were one of the idiots at St James who were complaining about Luque's goal against Lillistrome.

Interesting post that I was going to reply to seriously until the last two daft sentences. Grow up, ffs.

Guest The Fox

If anyone thinks that Luque's goal against Lillestrome makes up for disinterested, lacklustre performances last season then they are easily pleased and should welcome the return of Boumsong.

If anyone thinks that Luque's goal against Lillestrome makes up for disinterested, lacklustre performances last season then they are easily pleased and should welcome the return of Boumsong.

If he turns in a few blinders to mark his return, why not?

People are making the Luque situation too complicated. If he gets a run of games and plays well, then good. I'm sure if he started playing well and started emulating his form in spain then people will love him. Forget what he did last season FOR NOW. Give him a chance this season, if he then doesn't perform or put in the effort you can have a go at him.

On the contrary......

I've changed my mind and I now agree with you 100%, what a player does the previous season is all that matters, current form is utterly irrelivant in deciding wether someone should play for Newcastle......... :lol:

Seriously, the most important thing when deciding what players to play is form, how the player is playing NOW, not the previous season. If Shola Ameobi started scoring hattricks then the last several seasons of mediocrity would not make a blind bit of difference, he'd play every week in my team. As it is last season we saw Luque start 8 times and make a few short and late sub apearances. Which makes it even more obsured to think that you believe what he did in those games is more important then what he does this season. You've deleveloped an irrational hatred for a player and you're letting it blind you, which is quite typical of a large section of our fanbase. Wouldn't surprise me if you were one of the idiots at St James who were complaining about Luque's goal against Lillistrome.

Interesting post that I was going to reply to seriously until the last two daft sentences. Grow up, ffs.

:lol:

On the contrary......

I've changed my mind and I now agree with you 100%, what a player does the previous season is all that matters, current form is utterly irrelivant in deciding wether someone should play for Newcastle......... :lol:

Seriously, the most important thing when deciding what players to play is form, how the player is playing NOW, not the previous season. If Shola Ameobi started scoring hattricks then the last several seasons of mediocrity would not make a blind bit of difference, he'd play every week in my team. As it is last season we saw Luque start 8 times and make a few short and late sub apearances. Which makes it even more obsured to think that you believe what he did in those games is more important then what he does this season. You've deleveloped an irrational hatred for a player and you're letting it blind you, which is quite typical of a large section of our fanbase. Wouldn't surprise me if you were one of the idiots at St James who were complaining about Luque's goal against Lillistrome.

1/10

poorest effort in a long while at dodging a well thought out and presented argument.

must try harder

On the contrary......

1/10

poorest effort in a long while at dodging a well thought out and presented argument.

must try harder

Who are you, like?

Guest elbee909

Lukewarm is ganna get swapped for a RM striker anyway if Fatty has his way.

I wonder what some of you would do if Fred wasn't overweight?

Sell any shares in Greggs.

On the contrary......

1/10

must try harder

Who are you, like?

excuse me?