Alan Smith

Newcastle Fan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What excuse will the fanboys use now? :lol:

How fucking sad are you man?

blueyes.gif

Keegans got a bit to do, half the first 11 aren't good enough to play for a team with high aspirations IMO, but Smith is worth keeping. He's no Rob Lee and he's no Shearer, but nobody ever said he was. Its up to Keegan now.

Need to get a real forward in.

Smith can do a job, but its hard to get that £6m price tag out of the system, as it was hard for others to ignore the £10m and "Spanish international" tags for Luque.

Sibierski did a job for us last season, but was never good enough to play regularly - and weve spent £6m on someone who isnt a significant improvement.  If we can get £6m back, do so, because Smith isnt here to sit on the bench - is "keep as backup" an option we have? He wouldnt have left ManU if he was happy to be sitting on the bench, which is where he needs to be if we want to be top 6.

Sell?

Are you serious?

Did you actually see our bench today?

Harper, Rozehnal, LuaLua, Carroll, Edgar.

If we managed to get close to the £6m we spent on him we could get a lot better player!

Smith was ok today, did not do to badly! As for Owen he is awful, no pace, drops into midfield where he is hardly going to make a defence splitting pass is he? If he gets a chance will probably score but he is not getting any chances at the mo so doing nothing else at all!

Sell?

Are you serious?

Did you actually see our bench today?

Harper, Rozehnal, LuaLua, Carroll, Edgar.

If we managed to get close to the £6m we spent on him we could get a lot better player!

Like...... ?

Well Marlon King has gone but for £6m I am confident even I could find a striker who can offer the same as Smith can so I am pretty sure a premiership experienced manager could!

Need to get a real forward in.

Smith can do a job, but its hard to get that £6m price tag out of the system, as it was hard for others to ignore the £10m and "Spanish international" tags for Luque.

That's the thing though, a lot of people who are defending Smith here, are the same people who hammered Luque.

Smith is so scared to shoot its unreal. I reckon Nicky Butt has had more shots in 45 minutes than Smith has had all season.

Did you not watch the Mansfield vs Boro match?  Commentators reckoned there was some sort of protest, but it was actually just Nicky Butt doing a bit of shooting practice across the road.

The less shots Butt takes the better.

Smith is so scared to shoot its unreal. I reckon Nicky Butt has had more shots in 45 minutes than Smith has had all season.

Did you not watch the Mansfield vs Boro match?  Commentators reckoned there was some sort of protest, but it was actually just Nicky Butt doing a bit of shooting practice across the road.

The less shots Butt takes the better.

I agree, thats why it is so scary that he actually shoots more than our "striker"  :kasper: