The One Thing We Need, Above All Else...

Shak

I'm not sure I'd class Drogba as a battering ram, tbh. The man's class and strong as an ox.

Aye he is but that's the style of forward he is man.

Fuck this, I'm off to watch some Gerd Muller and Romario videos, have a little cry then maybe even a wank afterwards.

He's not, it's just what Chelsea made him, he was soft as shite when he first signed for them and the thought of him playing such a physical game was unthinkable.

He was immensely strong though. He's just cut out the diving and theatrics and adapted to the physicality of the Premiership.

totally disagree....our main priortity aprt from a classy center back should be a creative goalscoring midfielder...someone who'l excite the crowd, create chances and score goals....but who the feck is that player because i can't think of any!! Any suggestions?

jason koumas  :coolsmiley:

genuinely.

Jesus wept. Genuinely.

was probably wigans best player for the short time he was on today and is more attack minded and creative than any of our current CM's. wouldnt cost much either.

If you think he's the answer you're out of your tree.

Guest The Libertine

totally disagree....our main priortity aprt from a classy center back should be a creative goalscoring midfielder...someone who'l excite the crowd, create chances and score goals....but who the feck is that player because i can't think of any!! Any suggestions?

genuinely.

Jesus wept. Genuinely.

was probably wigans best player for the short time he was on today and is more attack minded and creative than any of our current CM's. wouldnt cost much either.

he's 1 answer, as in a squad player who'll do a good job.

actually, i now want diego or van der vaart or ashravin or pandev or mordic  :shifty:

genuinely.

Jesus wept. Genuinely.

actually, i now want diego or van der vaart or ashravin or pandev or mordic  :shifty:

http://pentaclerecords.net/darien3/oz_scarecrow_1.jpg

Guest The Libertine

We just lost, ooh Koumas came on and looked lively, let's sign him. The modern football fan :(

i said the koumas thing before the match kicked off btw.

but fine, lets stick with our youth players on the bench. they'll come good, ala ameobi.

We just lost, ooh Koumas came on and looked lively, let's sign him. The modern football fan :(

but fine, lets stick with our youth players on the bench. they'll come good, ala ameobi.

Or shit ala Gazza.

Guest The Libertine

genuinely.

Jesus wept. Genuinely.

deeply sorry for having an opinion. i'll learn to blindly agree with others more often.

Guest The Libertine

Or s*** ala Gazza.

80's. who've we got now?

genuinely.

Jesus wept. Genuinely.

deeply sorry for having an opinion. i'll learn to blindly agree with others more often.

Christ, not that old chestnut. You've got a real chip on your shoulder about that. Pretty sad imo.

Guest The Libertine

Why do you think a team like Wigan are bringing him on after 58 minutes for Christ's sake? :lol:

to fit the formation. they were playing for a draw, then threw him on when all hope was lost and he was attacking and, dare i even utter the words, he set up a goal.

Why do you think a team like Wigan are bringing him on after 58 minutes for Christ's sake? :lol:

to fit the formation. they were playing for a draw, then threw him on when all hope was lost and he was attacking and, dare i even utter the words, he set up a goal.

They were playing for a draw in order to get a replay at Stamford Bridge? bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Guest The Libertine

genuinely.

Jesus wept. Genuinely.

Christ, not that old chestnut. You've got a real chip on your shoulder about that. Pretty sad imo.

i have a differing opinion and i get at least 4 different people telling me im wrong, then basically mocking my posts. NSG was right, clique-tastic baby.

Guest The Libertine

They were playing for a draw in order to get a replay at Stamford Bridge? bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

yes. did you watch the match? it was all there.

genuinely.

Jesus wept. Genuinely.

i have a differing opinion and i get at least 4 different people telling me im wrong, then basically mocking my posts. NSG was right, clique-tastic baby.

Apologies that we don't agree with your opinion that one of Wigan's reserves is the answer to our problems.

It's called debate. That's what this place is for. If you don't like it, you know where to go.

genuinely.

Jesus wept. Genuinely.

Apologies that we don't agree with your opinion that one of Wigan's reserves is the answer to our problems.

It's called debate. That's what this place is for. If you don't like it, you know where to go.

Back to the merry old land of Oz?

Guest The Libertine

genuinely.

Jesus wept. Genuinely.

somebody said just last week that koumas was worth looking at, and he wasnt shot down at all. then again, he was a regular poster  :smiley6600:

A top class striker is papering over the cracks. As noted in the OP, Owen will score bags of goals given the right service. And there's hardly been a striker in the history of football who scored bags without decent service.

First and foremost, a side needs quality in midfield to dominate territory and possession. Buying a really, really good striker and telling everyone else to hoof the ball at him whenever they get it never got anyone to the top of the table.

A top class striker is papering over the cracks. As noted in the OP, Owen will score bags of goals given the right service. And there's hardly been a striker in the history of football who scored bags without decent service.

First and foremost, a side needs quality in midfield to dominate territory and possession. Buying a really, really good striker and telling everyone else to hoof the ball at him whenever they get it never got anyone to the top of the table.

Good post, agree. That's not to say our strikers are brilliant, but they are good enough at this stage IMO. We're just not playing to them at all.