No signings = relegation?

Guest Brazilianbob

It is the midfield where we are woeful. We desperately need a creative mid fielder who can open a defence with a pass for Owen/Martins to get on to. We need also pace as has been mentioned already and Viduka to stay fit for a run of games to feed the other strikers from either crosses or high balls into the front. I agree we need confidence again and a good signing might do the trick. It is going to be a sweaty end to another non-season for us.

Exactly the way not to utilise Viduka's strengths, as we've already demonstrated this season.

How would you use Viduka's strengths ? I was not suggesting the long ball a la Allardyce by the way but ways to get the ball to our smaller strikers ie with a creative midfielder and cross balls

Well, you mentioned high balls into the front and crosses. He needs the ball into his feet with his back to goal and people getting beyond him so he can play them in. Unfortunately this limits the way we can play because it means any moves have to be almost inch perfect to come off. He's not particularly good in the air.

Put, Emre,Baye,Faye,Viduka and Martins back in the squad and we will pick up points. we were unlucky to not to be leading away at arsenal 1st half with a team including the likes of Carr + Smith.

You do realise for us to be relegated Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Wigan, Birmingham, Bolton and Reading all have to accumulate more points than us from now until the end of the season, don't you? Do you watch these teams?

Bit early for the judgements on how Keegan will do with the team aren't we? We draw at home with Bolton in the Premiership (two days after playing Stoke with ten man for an hour and two days after Keegan had arrived) and lost to Arsenal away (no one has beaten Arsenal at the Emirates) in the FA Cup and we're now going to get relegated are we?

I don't expect us to get anything from the Arsenal and Man U games. That doesn't mean I think we're going to get relegated.

:frantic: we got beaten by arsenal!!!!  :frantic:

The hysteria is mind boggling. Even with Sam there is no way we were ever going down. Utterly ridiculous.

Perhaps in past seasons we may have gone down with our current lot, but its unlikely with so many teams below us in a worse position that we will this season. Those who think we are safe already are a bit too optimistic imo, and those who think we are going to get in a dogfight are banking on the smaller percentages.

Hasn't changed. We will most likely stay up.

A few signings would pep up a very mediocre sluggish side, but it looks like its unlikely to be happening now.

What a depressing season this has been.  :thdn:

These players tumble like a pack of cards once they concede.

The worst I've known - and considering how bad at this they've been for years, thats BAD.

But I agree - they'll go down unless they buck up their ideas, and frankly theres no sign of it happening.

Midfield is pathetic, and create nothing.

Forwards can't score if nothing is created, yet the few that are are made a mess of.

The defence - christalmighty.....I've never known a pack of pillocks like this lot. NOT playing together, and playing abysmally individually.

The makems will beat this lot - and maybe even wont have to score first to do it either.... >:(

Why rush into signing players? Thats panic buying and we'll get the players values inflated that way! We have 4 good players coming back from africa; beye, faye, geremi and martins plus joey barton and emre from suspension...thats 6 players all with premiership experience to hopefully get us enough points so why should we panic...waiting till the summer might not be a bad thing?

OH MY GOD, WE WILL NEVER SIGN ANYONE AGAIN AND WE WILL GET RELEGATED! WHY HAVEN'T WE SIGNED ANYONE YET? WHY? WHY IS THERE NO PRESS CONFERENCE. OWEN IS s***, SIGN DIEGO, SIGN VDV!

IF WE DON'T SIGN MODRIC WE WILL GET RELEGATED IMO! IMHO! WHY HAVEN'T WE SIGNED ANYONE? I HATE THIS WAITING, I HAVE REFRESHED THE PAGE AND WE HAVENT SCORED OR SIGNED ANYONE. CARROLL FTW!

I'd rather not sign any players at all if it means rushing to buy players just to make up the numbers, I'd rather we wait until next summer, that will give our scouts time enough to identify who our targets will be. The other question is, will Keegan have the pulling power to attract the players we need?.

A couple of creative and ideally pacey midfielders would really perk us up no end.

As things stand however I think it is very possible that we could experience our lowest ever Premiership finish and even be close to the relegation zone.

We only need 10 points from

Wigan

Birmingham

Reading

Sunderland

Fulham

Middlesbrough

And we could lose every other game and be safe  :idiot2:

We'll get no more points from Wigan this season.

We're down then.

Guest mobiius

I am now getting seriously concerned that we will go down this season without the lift of a least one class signing. With Woodie rejecting us for Spurs, and thats a first for quite some time where the two clubs have been after the same player, I cannot see the squad getting the massive lift they need to kick on and gain confidence.

It's all very well KK saying we will only sign players who are better than what we have, but signing players who are on a par, but have a strong belief in their own ability to win matches would be an improvement on what we currently have.

It's confidence we need not better players, and looking at our fixture list I cannot see where that confidence is going to come from given the almost certain string of defeats we will experience between now and the end of the season.

I honestly think Ashley left it too late to sack Allardyce, who should have been long gone before Xmas,  and our fate is virtually already sealed, bar a string of miracle results.

So woody wants to go to spuds,good enough for the injury prone twat,here is one mag that won't lose sleep over that let off. Fair enough we lost to the arse 3-0 but i witnessed some of the best football i have seen in a very long time. I reckon OBa would of fitted in better than lost a yard owen, i'm not saying we would of won but we would of had more chances and he wouldn't of been on the right wing ffs. and our fate is virtually already sealed, bar a string of miracle results what a crock of shit you do realize it was a cup game at the fucking arse don't you.Did you not get any positives out of that game or were you just watching the edited highlights on the telly. i don't think we need to panic buy just cos we have the money now to pay that little bit extra. bollocks that. we will still finish ahead of the scum and the smoggies or are the 3 north east teams going down?

So out of: Boro, Wigan, Fulham, Birmingham, Derby, Sunderland, Reading & Bolton, all bar 2 of them are going to finish above us?

I highly doubt it.

What you're suggesting is that we panic buy, that's a no-no.

When Beye, Martins and Faye get back, that's 3 quality players right there.

Lack of guile in midfield as well as a lack of pace in the forward positions.

Lack of proper spending as well.

I think we'll see plenty spending from now on. Not sure we'll see any this window but the money was there for Woodgate.

Seriously, we will not go down. Fulham & Derby are down, and Wigan have just sold the one midfielder they had with an ounce of ability about him for £1m. Take into account that there's also another 5-6 clubs who'd all have to get more points than us, and I seriously can't see it.

tbh, a 16th place finish will be a very good season considering the start we have on top of having a very average squad.

Give over. :lol: We've never dropped lower than 12th all season, so I really don't see how being caught by 3-4 clubs worse than us would be considered a "very good season considering...".

We only need 10 points from

Wigan

Birmingham

Reading

Sunderland

Fulham

Middlesbrough

And we could lose every other game and be safe  :idiot2:

We'll get no more points from Wigan this season.

We're down then.

Wigan who beat us.

Fulham who we beat in the last minute with a penalty.

Birmingham who we beat in the last minute.

Reading who beat us.

Sunderland who we drew with.

Boro who we drew with.

Yep, we're LOADS better than all of those.

We need investment in the midfield. It doesn't matter how many players come back from Africa, because none of them are creative midfielders.

I think we'll finish just above relegation tbh, then find it even harder to attract players in summer.