The Times: New "Continental" Setup at NUFC (Wise, Jimenez, Vetere)

Rich

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1227633,00.html

Club Confirms Senior Appointments

The arrival of these three new recruits follows on from the recent appointment of Kevin Keegan as manager. Kevin will be responsible for all matters related to the First Team.[/i]

I was actually looking for the post regarding the club meeting fans representatives, as I'd been thinking how that had been short-lived and now instead of meeting with fans to hear their points of view and concerns they have a lynch mob masquerading as an official supporters club. :(

How the f*** does all matters relating to the first team not include making the final decision on what first team players to sign though?  Wise can assist as much as he likes with recruiting the players but the manager should have been selecting the players to recruit IMO.

So you mean to so Keegan had no say whatsoever on player recruitment? He either did or he didnt, theres no grey area in this becasue Keegans principles are so strong, right?

Seems an exciting move by the club , Wise I find a strange choice but I take it it was at the request of Vetere and Jimenez.

oh dear

Obsessed. :lol:

it just made me laugh out loud, more than the others.

The arrival of these three new recruits follows on from the recent appointment of Kevin Keegan as manager. Kevin will be responsible for all matters related to the First Team.[/i]

I was actually looking for the post regarding the club meeting fans representatives, as I'd been thinking how that had been short-lived and now instead of meeting with fans to hear their points of view and concerns they have a lynch mob masquerading as an official supporters club. :(

How the f*** does all matters relating to the first team not include making the final decision on what first team players to sign though?  Wise can assist as much as he likes with recruiting the players but the manager should have been selecting the players to recruit IMO.

So you mean to so Keegan had no say whatsoever on player recruitment? He either did or he didnt, theres no grey area in this becasue Keegans principles are so strong, right?

Er no I don't mean that, the fact that I didn't say that should have tipped you off.  I'm saying that being responsible for all matters relating to the first team means having full control over everything that relates to the first team, including deciding on which first team players to sign.  How can you be held responsible for something you're not given full control over?

Seems an exciting move by the club , Wise I find a strange choice but I take it it was at the request of Vetere and Jimenez.

oh dear

Well that's better than being depressed about the situation. At least the fact that Baggio was wrong is making this whole sorry situation worthwhile :)

oh dear

You're not exactly one to talk like for bringing up old quotes.

Er no I don't mean that, the fact that I didn't say that should have tipped you off.  I'm saying that being responsible for all matters relating to the first team means having full control over everything that relates to the first team, including deciding on which first team players to sign.  How can you be held responsible for something you don't have full control over?

Make up your mind. He either had full say from the off or he didnt. Which is it? Becasue we know the minute Keegans undemined he'll walk becasue his principles are so strong, right?

People I know, on here in fact heard it exactly from Mort that Keegan had the final say.

I heard that he had full say as well - im not denying that. What im saying is that if Keegan in actual fact had no say on the recruitments then why didnt he walk earlier?

There cant of been a wierd mix of having full say on certain players but not on others, thats a ludicrous suggestion.

People I know, on here in fact heard it exactly from Mort that Keegan had the final say.

I heard that he had full say as well - im not denying that. What im saying is that if Keegan in actual fact had no say on the recruitments then why didnt he walk earlier?

There cant of been a wierd mix of having full say on certain players but not on others, thats a ludicrous suggestion.

There can be for the first team and the kids I feel.

Pretty undebatable argument that is.

Im not sure how that works.

How are you not sure?

oh dear

Well that's better than being depressed about the situation. At least the fact that Baggio was wrong is making this whole sorry situation worthwhile :)

Lets just say, that the current pathetic predicament may be a new one for many people, but it isn't for me.

How are you not sure?

Im not sure how keegan would let that happen and be happy with it (Jonas perhaps being an example of what you're saying) and then being unhappy with it further down the line and using it as a primary reason for walking.

Theres a contradiction in his priciples there.

It's much more than having players being brought in without his say so. It's the fact they wouldn't address the squad issues that Keegan wanted fixing perhaps? Or the Milner money wasn't spent? Or when Keegan took the job he was promised £40 million, or trying to sell Barton etc behind his back on deadline day.

Right, because the best way to get backing from the fans is to employ their hero and then piss him off so badly he walks out.

Perfect plan by Mike and the mafia there.  Thank god we have you to see through it Tooj, or else it might have worked.

Right, because the best way to get backing from the fans is to employ their hero and then piss him off so badly he walks out.

Perfect plan by Mike and the mafia there.  Thank god we have you to see through it Tooj, or else it might have worked.

Yes because they initially thought we'll piss him off and make him resign in September. It was planned all along.

You see that makes about as much sense as your above post.

It's much more than having players being brought in without his say so. It's the fact they wouldn't address the squad issues that Keegan wanted fixing perhaps? Or the Milner money wasn't spent? Or when Keegan took the job he was promised £40 million, or trying to sell Barton etc behind his back on deadline day.

Hold on, thats not the reason Keegan said he left. I take it you know something i dont care to share some facts?? (Serious question bytheway)

Hold on, thats not the reason Keegan said he left. I take it you know something i dont care to share some facts?? (Serious question bytheway)

Keegan resigned because he wasn't allowed to manage. All of which including the players being brought in were part of.

"It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, on appointment on 16th January 2008, agreed to report to a Director of Football and the the Board.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan had specific duties in that he was responsible for the training, coaching, selection and motivation of the team.

NUFC official statement - September 6, 2008

"I'm here to help Kevin, bringing young players through and also recommend certain players to him. He'll say yes and no, he has the final word, no-one else. Everything that happens will be run past him. I'm not going to bring players in behind his back - I'm not into that."

Dennis Wise, via BBC Sport website - February 1, 2008

Still gives me a good old chuckle does that one.

"It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, on appointment on 16th January 2008, agreed to report to a Director of Football and the the Board.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan had specific duties in that he was responsible for the training, coaching, selection and motivation of the team.

NUFC official statement - September 6, 2008

"I'm here to help Kevin, bringing young players through and also recommend certain players to him. He'll say yes and no, he has the final word, no-one else. Everything that happens will be run past him. I'm not going to bring players in behind his back - I'm not into that."

Dennis Wise, via BBC Sport website - February 1, 2008

Still gives me a good old chuckle does that one.

No it doesn't. It actually makes you cry. Which is fair enough. I just think you should own up to it.

Keegan resigned because he wasn't allowed to manage. All of which including the players being brought in were part of.

Oh ok, so no  insider facts then?

So if he only had partial say on who came and went - at which point did it make his job untentable? The last day of the window?

Somethings rotten in the state of Denmark - its definitely not as straightforward as you'd like to make out.