The media stirring the Wise situation

STM

Just seen on SSN the report on the Newcastle/Wise situation and it has become highly apparent they either have their facts wrong or are deliberatley trying to upset the apple cart.

Firstly, they mis represented Keegans words from yesterday to make it look as if he didn't know anything about the subject as apposed to not wanting to talk about the subject (and rightly so).

They used fans opinions blatantley under the impression that it had all be down behind KK's back, which there is no evidence of.

They also used Steve Curry (complete wanker), to suggest that a DOF always results in disputes.

Considering that there has been no official statement from the club regarding his club role, i find it hard to believe that they automatically no what his job will be AND whether it was with KK's approval or not.

Bobby McMahon, here on Fox Sports World Canada, also said that Wise was appointed as a contingency for Keegan's exit as "Keegan is a flame that burns bright but burns out too quickly."

He also went on to add that "this is the right time, right club for Wise, as it's definitely a step-up from Leeds."

:D

Gotto love our "pundits."

I was seriously thinking of sending these fucks a link to the Times article.

What a bunch of clueless nitwits.

People commenting on a situation without even bothering to gather all the facts of the matter first.

That idiot on Sky Sports was actually sitting there referring to Wise as the director of football.

It is disgustingly unprofessional. Utter disgrace.

FFS he's going to be based in London, how on earth is that going to effect KK all the way down there?  :lol:

Bunch of fuking muppets man.

more speculation. i read he'd be able to split his time between tyneside and buckinghamshire. you don't really needto be on tyneside to check on a player in france.

FFS he's going to be based in London, how on earth is that going to effect KK all the way down there?  :lol:

Bunch of fuking muppets man.

more speculation. i read he'd be able to split his time between tyneside and buckinghamshire. you don't really needto be on tyneside to check on a player in france.

That's what i'm getting at. KK is going to be with the team, while DW is going to be away trying to help improve our crop of youth, with minimal contact up here in the NE, even when he does it will just be to put a players case forward to KK and or to bring a player to him.

DW is a glorified Benson, nothing more, tea boy, monkey butler, whichever suits you sir.

I love the fact that the club are giving nothing away about their dealings. So far they've managed to make almost every newspaper and sports related TV channel look like amateurish guess merchants.

They're all fumbling around for some crumb of information and because they're being given fuck all to work with, desperation has set in so they just write the usual shite about us being a club in turmoil.

Don't let them worry you. They know nothing and they don't like it so they make something up.

Guest johnson293

No point in getting wound up about it any more. This is going to happen, we just have to stay focused and keep going in the right direction. It's their problem not ours.

Agree - while its annoying reading the rubbish the southern media come out with, I'mm just trying to take what they say with a pinch of salt now, and hopefully results will start to improve on the pitch, and the system that is being implemented will prove successful, and those very same hacks will (hopefulyl) have to eat their words.

Unlike in the days of Shepherd/D.Hall, I dont see Ashley or Mort giving the media any scandalous revelations, or going to the media with ridiculous statements every few weeks. So they are simply having to make things up / try and stir things. I'm sure they'll get tired eventually, if the club dont feed them.

Aye, like this morning Henry Winter was going on about how mad it was that Wise was going to be based down South, yet if he had been sitting at St James Park 5 days a week he would've been saying how he was crowding Keegan out.

You're right - let's ignore them.

I'm sure Chris Mort will make a statement soon anyway and it will all calm down.

The best quote i heard was by SSN "KK has been in the job for two weeks and there is already dissention at the club".

That's even more baffling when you take into account that Wise hasn't even begun his job yet. 

the goons in the media are showing just how idiotic they really are. give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves.

makes you wonder how much truth there is in the front page stories they report or if they just base all that on bollocks too.

the goons in the media are showing just how idiotic they really are. give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves.

makes you wonder how much truth there is in the front page stories they report or if they just base all that on bollocks too.

i work in a business which occasionally hits the front pages and when i read them i think "thats wrong,thats wrong,thats impossible,wrong,wrong,right but not in that sense etc"

more through journalists having a short time to get to grips with a subject they basically know nowt about than through malisciousness. football journalism is different. they will lie to fill copy and carry on there personal feuds.

I'm highly cynical about the majority of what I read in the papers / see on the news.

It get the feeling the facts are secondary to the commercial needs of shifting units / selling advertising.

And don't get me started about "Breaking News" announcements......

So the chroncile says on the Wise appointment that, even Keegan was caught out by the speed of it all, saying that he had “just read it in the paper”.

I just cannot believe that to be true

I lost a lot of respect for the BBC during their reporting of the changes to the licencing laws. it was one of  the most overhyped, underresearched pieces of scaremomgering I have seen.

They predicted the downfall of modern society. And what actually happened. Sweet fuck all.

It's our licence fees that pay for this shite.

And my only comment on Sky News is: cunts.

So the chroncile says on the Wise appointment that, even Keegan was caught out by the speed of it all, saying that he had “just read it in the paper”.

I just cannot believe that to be true

meaning he knew it was happening but thought it wouldn't be straight away ?