Newcastle v Middlesbrough Sun 3rd Feb @ 13:30

Skirge

Not much jetlag either with it being Africa Rodders.

Aye, just the seven hours or whatever the flight is... after playing in a crucial game on the Thursday night...

No chance is there, really?

remember asprillas debut ?

That debut where he played 20 minutes? Aye.

so there is a chance ?

Guest johnson293

Aye, just the seven hours or whatever the flight is... after playing in a crucial game on the Thursday night...

remember asprillas debut ?

That debut where he played 20 minutes? Aye.

Also, did Asprilla fly in from Columbia, or Parma?

A slight difference in flight times.

Aye, but the time zone's only +2 or something. He's only sitting on his arse for 7 hours (minus the two hours he gains).

Wasn't meant to quote Alex, man! Senegal will have played 3 games within 7 days by the close of play tonight, with Beye and Faye playing in every single minute of them (so far). Then they're going to fly back to London from Ghana immediately, after being knocked out, get back up to Newcastle probably some time Friday afternoon and be considered to start against Boro early Sunday afternoon?

The comparison with Asprilla, an attacking player, is wonky, who flew in from Italy, not to mention the fact that he came on with a few party pieces and an assist.

People are clutching at straws.

If Beye and Faye don't play tonight, and Senegal get knocked out, then I'd consider it more likely.

But you have to remember that Keegan probably hasn't even seen them in person yet.

Lets hope Boro come and have a go at us, we cannot afford another Bolton type game,

i think its nailed on they will come here and play in a simmerler way to bolton hopeing for a draw.

I think J is right although I wasn't being sarky re: the jet lag thing.

Aye, I think that confusion has occured because I originally quoted you instead of SUPERTOON and Rodhamino. Apple ogies.

Aye, but the time zone's only +2 or something. He's only sitting on his arse for 7 hours (minus the two hours he gains).

Wasn't meant to quote Alex, man! Senegal will have played 3 games within 7 days by the close of play tonight, with Beye and Faye playing in every single minute of them (so far). Then they're going to fly back to London from Ghana immediately, after being knocked out, get back up to Newcastle probably some time Friday afternoon and be considered to start against Boro early Sunday afternoon?

The comparison with Asprilla, an attacking player, is wonky, who flew in from Italy, not to mention the fact that he came on with a few party pieces and an assist.

People are clutching at straws.

I want my straws!

I think J is right although I wasn't being sarky re: the jet lag thing.

Aye, I think that confusion has occured because I originally quoted you instead of SUPERTOON and Rodhamino. Apple ogies.

Ok, I'll let you off ;)

Duff  Barton  Emre  N'Zogbia

Owen  Viduka

Milner is ineffective at the best of times, but he really is awful in this form. Drop him.

I'd also rather see Edgar or Rozehnal at left-back than N'Zogbia, not only is he hopeless there but it leaves us without any pace whatsoever in the final 3rd.

http://www.exploralearning.com/store/images_products/183.gif

A DROWNING MAN WILL CATCH AT STRAWS - "A desperate person will try anything to save himself, no matter how unlikely. The proverb has been traced back to 'Dialogue of Comfort Against Tribulation' (1534) by Thomas More (1478-1535)

Apparently. This thread is educational as well as entertaining.

----------------Given

Carr-----Taylor------Cacapa-----Enrique

Duff------Butt--------Emre-------Zoggy

-----------Owen-----Viduka

BENCH

Harper

Roze

Milner

Barton

Smith

This.

I'm actually confident that we're going to win this one.

2-1: Duff and Smith (off the bench).  ;D

Given

Carr----Taylor----Cacapa-----Enrique

Milner-----Butt-----Emre-------Zoggy

--------------------Duff-------------------

-------------Owen-----------------------

Roeder is that you?

Given

Carr----Taylor----Cacapa-----Enrique

Milner-----Butt-----Emre-------Zoggy

--------------------Duff-------------------

-------------Owen-----------------------

Roeder is that you?

:lol:

TBH i don't think Milner will be dropped... as long as Zoggy plays as a CM

With Emre back and Barton allowed to play I do not think we will see Zoggy in CM , he will probably be at LB again.

yes maybe...:S the same mistakes again

Duff   Barton   Emre   N'Zogbia

Owen  Viduka

Milner is ineffective at the best of times, but he really is awful in this form. Drop him.

I'd also rather see Edgar or Rozehnal at left-back than N'Zogbia, not only is he hopeless there but it leaves us without any pace whatsoever in the final 3rd.

why not enrique? looked great against arse.