Newcastle v Middlesbrough Sun 3rd Feb @ 13:30

Skirge

Guest Erich von Manstein

Not completley confident over this one.

Can't see any out and out attacking threats within Boro's team that could cause some serious damage to our side. Tuncay and Downing have the ability to but rarely look anything special, if this Alves bloke lives up his hype then he could be their only threat provided he gets a run out.

Hopefully Emre will play in the middle, throw Barton in the mix, draft N'Zogbia in at left back and let Duff occupy the left flank - let the two combine down that side and get some decent delivery in for whoever is up front.

Has the potential to be a classic Allardyce encounter with two teams cancelling each other out with both teams not exactly high on confidence, hope I'm wrong.

Guest toonlass

-------------------Given--------------------------

Carr------Taylor--------Cacapa------Zoggy--

Milner-------Butt-----Emre----------Duff------

---------------Owen-------Viduka--------------

2-0 to us

I agree with those saying the beasts will come here and try to do what Bolton did.

However I think we'll fluff a 1-0 with either Butt or Smith hitting a wayward shot against Huth, it'll then hit Pogatetz and with Schwarzer grounded thinking it was going the other way, it will creep over the line amid a melee of beast players and Michael Owen, who will try to claim he got a touch and it was his goal.

Wonder what odds the bookies will give if I write that on a slip?

I agree with those saying the beasts will come here and try to do what Bolton did.

However I think we'll fluff a 1-0 with either Butt or Smith hitting a wayward shot against Huth, it'll then hit Pogatetz and with Schwarzer grounded thinking it was going the other way, it will creep over the line amid a melee of beast players and Michael Owen, who will try to claim he got a touch and it was his goal.

Wonder what odds the bookies will give if I write that on a slip?

Ill give you 700-1

If Enrique is still out then it might be worth considering playing Zoggy in midfield and Duff at left-back where I'm sure he's filled in before for other clubs.  Zog doesn't offer anything defensively that Duff can't, and Duff will be more disciplined and will maintain possession and distribute the ball better than Zoggy.  And of course Zog then gets to play in a more attacking role that suits him far better.

He could go down the wing back route..

-------------------Given

--------Taylor---Cacapa----Roze

Milner------------------------------Zoggy

-------Barton-----Emre-------Duff

-----------Owen---------Viduka

BENCH

Harper

Carr

Butt

Lua Lua

Smith

Guest Urban Fox

The only footage the north east news could find of alves was him missing a point blank header from 1 yard and putting it over the top for Brazil.  Downing and Sanil are out apparently... leaving Gook and aliadiere up front... I'm biting my nails at the very prospect!!  bluelaugh.gif 

Should be

Given

Carr        Cacapa    Taylor    Roz

Milner      Barton      Emre      Zog

Viduka      Owen

Going to go for a 2-1 win, Boro to fight bravely but us to just edge it.

Boro are a decent side, they just miss a lot of chances, I really hope this Alves bloke doesn't play. Ditto Downing and Tuncay.

Alves is a great player, scored loads of goals when he was in Sweden, and I think he's kept it up since moving. I too hope he doesn't play