Newcastle v Middlesbrough Sun 3rd Feb @ 13:30

Skirge

I must say - you lot are quite chipper given the form of both teams - we're unbeaten in 5 in all comps (3 wins, 2 draws) and unbeaten away from home since Boxing Day.

You haven't beaten us at SJP since 2004 (and you were lucky that day too).

A new £10m striker making his debut next to Aliadiere who may be finding form with Mido on the bench. Wullie was gracious and correct when he pointed out that we're making a lot of chances, we just don't have anybody to take them. Well we might now.

That said, this is always tricky and we tend to be the boys who kick start other peoples seasons so I'm going for 1-1

We'll most likely be

Schwarzer

Young Wheater Huth Pogatetz

O'Neill Arca Rochemback Downing (if fit - Johnson if not)

Aliadiere Alves

Subs - Turnbull, Riggott, Boateng, Mido, AN OTHER.

For the record - you won't go down. 7 points on Wigan and Birmingham will be enough and if it isn't then you'd deserve to go down!

We've been shit since 2004, though.

I must say - you lot are quite chipper given the form of both teams - we're unbeaten in 5 in all comps (3 wins, 2 draws) and unbeaten away from home since Boxing Day.

You haven't beaten us at SJP since 2004 (and you were lucky that day too).

A new £10m striker making his debut next to Aliadiere who may be finding form with Mido on the bench. Wullie was gracious and correct when he pointed out that we're making a lot of chances, we just don't have anybody to take them. Well we might now.

That said, this is always tricky and we tend to be the boys who kick start other peoples seasons so I'm going for 1-1

We'll most likely be

Schwarzer

Young  Wheater  Huth  Pogatetz

O'Neill  Arca  Rochemback  Downing (if fit - Johnson if not)

Aliadiere  Alves

Subs - Turnbull, Riggott, Boateng, Mido, AN OTHER.

For the record - you won't go down. 7 points on Wigan and Birmingham will be enough and if it isn't then you'd deserve to go down!

Yep you's are a good side, well worthy of 25pts and 13th position. Face it, we are both crap.

Not much jetlag either with it being Africa Rodders.

Aye, just the seven hours or whatever the flight is... after playing in a crucial game on the Thursday night...

No chance is there, really?

Aye, but the time zone's only +2 or something. He's only sitting on his arse for 7 hours (minus the two hours he gains).

Wasn't meant to quote Alex, man! Senegal will have played 3 games within 7 days by the close of play tonight, with Beye and Faye playing in every single minute of them (so far). Then they're going to fly back to London from Ghana immediately, after being knocked out, get back up to Newcastle probably some time Friday afternoon and be considered to start against Boro early Sunday afternoon?

The comparison with Asprilla, an attacking player, is wonky, who flew in from Italy, not to mention the fact that he came on with a few party pieces and an assist.

People are clutching at straws.

he'd flown in from italy,then back to italy and arrived in england on the morning of the match (iirc). where as the african would be able to get back on the friday,near 48hrs before the match.

anyway looks like thay'll all be involved in the next round now.

Guest Slippery Sam

Would Huth have been banned from this game had he (rightly) been sent off last Saturday during their cup tie at Mansfield?

Would Huth have been banned from this game had he (rightly) been sent off last Saturday during their cup tie at Mansfield?

Depends what he should've been sent off for.

Violent Conduct/Serious Foul Play, then yes he would've.

But, if it was for 2 yellows or denying a goalscoring opportunity, that only carries a 1 match ban.

Think we will win this one 3-1 Wise and Viduka(2)

Given

Carr, Taylor,Cacapa,Enrique

Milner,Nzogbia,Wise,Duff

Viduka  Owen         

Touch one to call.  This is really Keegans first proper home game.  I do not think you can say after 2 days v's Bolton he had enough time.  I know he has only been here two weeks but the players seem to be saying the right things since Keegan got here.

A good atmosphere and some good all round performances should see us win this - I hope.  We have a seriously depleated squad and the confidence is certianly low.

Hopefully the fans will get right behind the team and we can then kick on from there.  There are still plenty of points and places to play for so we should not be throwing in the towel just yet.

SHAYMUS

FIB          AYA NAPA            COCKNEY GEORDIE    SPANISH SINGER

JIMMY            GINGER DESTROYER                CHARLIE THE MOANER

GREATEST PLAYER FROM TURKEY

EMO                          FAB

SUBS

PERMA TANNED KEEPER

GAOLBIRD

LEEDS TIL HE DIES PFFT

HE'S BIG HE'S CZECH

AMOEBA

SHAYMUS

FIB          AYA NAPA            COCKNEY GEORDIE    SPANISH SINGER

JIMMY            GINGER DESTROYER                CHARLIE THE MOANER

GREATEST PLAYER FROM TURKEY

EMO                          FAB

SUBS

PERMA TANNED KEEPER

GAOLBIRD

LEEDS TIL HE DIES PFFT

HE'S BIG HE'S CZECH

AMOEBA

:laugh:

Some gems, but some need work still. The bold two in particular.

Guest pistonism

I Think Lee Dong Guk will score his first league goal againt us since joining boro on 'January 2007'.  :clap:

Well anyway we're going to punish them dearly.

3-1 Newcastle with Taylor Owen and Milner netting their goals.

This has all the hallmarks of a draw - they will undoubtedly battle hard and as we saw when they played Arsenal, they are NOT a bad side on their day ; their morale will CERTAINLY be better than NUFCs as they have just come off the back of a crucial league win and beating a lower div side away in the Cup.

The rumblings about N'Zogbia & Spurs in the media will not help team morale at SJP either, nor will all the off-field changes which are bound to have been subject of speculation among the players....

This is possibly the toughest Tyne-Tees match at SJP for some time and it is going to take a mighty effort by the team to get a positive result when only a win is satisfactory.

If the scoreline is blank and they score with less than 40 mins to go, I fear for our chances, but hope for the best.

sums up how I feel. We are the better team, but the timing is bad. They are on a good run, we have important players missing because of the ANC. If the players, especially lazy cunts like Viduka can respond to the crowd than I think we might just edge it.

Are Beye, Faye and/or Martins back yet?

Nigeria qualified, you dipstick. Beye and Faye are playing tonight for Senegal, so it's unlikely they'll be considered for selection on Sunday.

Nigeria qualified, you dipstick. Beye and Faye are playing tonight for Senegal, so it's unlikely they'll be considered for selection on Sunday.

Stopped following the ACN so was unsure. Well in that case:

Given

Carr      Taylor                Cacapa        Enrique

Milner        Butt              N'Zogbia          Duff

Owen            Viduka

Smith if Duke isnt fit.

2-1 Newcastle

Stopped following the ACN so was unsure. Well in that case:

Given

Carr      Taylor                 Cacapa         Enrique

Milner        Butt              N'Zogbia           Duff

Owen            Viduka

Smith if Duke isnt fit.

2-1 Newcastle

You wouldn't play either Barton or Emre?

Barton was our best player on Tuesday and Emre is someone I think Keegan should be able to get the most out of, and is also what we need, a bit of creativity. I'm also sick of seeing Butt trying to be Gerrard with his 40 yard passes that ends up at nobody and we desperately need to score.

Milner to be given a rest if Enrique is fit, otherwise Zoggy LB, Duff LW, Milner RW.

Can't really say I'm arsed about who's upfront between a half-fit Viduka and Smith

Guest NorthernSoul

Duff - Barton - Emre - N'Zogbia, like the sounds of that!

Gotta win Saturday! If not it might be a while before we win again?