Keegan: Gotta have a little patience?

Guest Harry-Norway

Guest Harry-Norway

Sorce:Teamtalk.com:Keegan: Gotta have a little patience ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Do we have time for patience?Premiership is around the corner at the moment KK :kasper:

We need goals and some 3 points before the panic grab us real hard.

I see we got some new teenagers in the squad but they are for the future and not in the crisis we are in the middle of.

What happend to all the money Mike A was supose to use in Jan?

I have start praying for Toon and sure hope you all are doing the same.

I posted this on TT this morning and still stand by it.

Christ almighty, people need to be patient, when he was appointed most agreed that it would be hard for him to get any players of significant note in the January transfer window, now all of a sudden we're a joke again for not buying for the sake of buying. Would you rather buy players now who we don't really want? Or wait until the summer and get the players we are really after to push us on? I tell you what I hate the modern day football fan, tell you what go fuck off and support someone else if you're not happy, then that way at least we don't have to put up with your constant moaning all of the time.

Guest Harry-Norway

I'm interested in this panic crab you speak of!

Is it native to Norway? lol

Sorry about that crab,i ment grab.Its not that easy beening Norwegian in this site

Guest Harry-Norway

Talking about crab,there is panic in North of Norway because this big Russian crab is heading south and eating everything in its way and it is good food but the stupid goverment only let the fishermans fish a liittle bit of it.

Anyone needs some more crab history?

Talking about crab,there is panic in North of Norway because this big Russian crab is heading south and eating everything in its way and it is good food but the stupid goverment only let the fishermans fish a liittle bit of it.

Anyone needs some more crab history?

Nah had allot of crab history myself!

I agree people need to try and have some patience,  I didnt expect him to come in and turn the team around and beat Bolton 2 days later then goto Arsenal and Win either game, Also didnt expect him to have lots of players signed in the 14(?) days he had to do so,

I can also understand the panic until we get a few more points on the board.

There is no panic.

Sure, we didn't buy anyone who will play in the 1st team. Sure, that's disappointing.

But we've got plenty of players here who are good enough to not go down. I see no problem. Never say never of course (Notts Forest, anyone?), but there's certainly no panic here.

Guest float one in

Well said J2J. Here's my spin on the current situation:

1) The best manager we've ever had has come back to the club, the bloke who gave us the best years of supporting NUFC most of us can remember.

2) He knows what football, and NUFC jn particular, means to us and we can rest assured he isn't going to mug us off and tell us what we should/shouldn't want from our club. He is going to try his best for us - that is 100% fact. He might not get there, and he might walk out if it doesn't work out, but at least we know we've got a leader who is a ****** good bloke, who has done brilliantly for us before, and who wants the same thing for NUFC as we do.

3) We've got an owner who by all accounts has wads of cash to spend (and for anyone who is still sceptical as to whether that's true, KK would not have come back if he hadn't been given assurances about cash available for squad strengthening).

4) Anyone who is really genuinely worried that we didn't buy one of the TWO proven Premier League players, who would DEFINITELY improve our staff, who were available in this window (not counting Defoe in that as I'd probably stick with Owen and Martins for now), really needs to sort themselves out. Ok, nobody likes Dennis Wise because he's a horrible little ***** and it remains to be seen whether this new 'continental' set-up with improve things, but it's better than the bumbling along we've had over the last few years. We've got absolutely no reason to suggest Wise won't be very good at the job he's been given. At least the new adminitsration is trying to impose their own professional vision on the club. Ashley has said himself that he went against his better judgement in not getting rid of Allardyce as soon as he took over the club - fair play to him for admitting that. Basically if he'd done what he wanted in the first instance we'd have been having all of this upheaval at the start of the summer, with a full transfer window and pre-season ahead, instead of having to get howked twice in a week by Arsenal away.

5) Of course we all worry about how the club is going, that's natural, but it has to be within reason. I'm a bit worried myself about competing for top players in the summer but I don't think it's worth getting in a tizz about - there's every chance Keegan and Co. will unearth some gems - that uncertainty is part of the fun.

Keegan's back man! Of course we have to give him patience - he's one of us! Don't listen to what the papers say - they certainly don't want the best for NUFC.

Guest Brummiemag

Well said J2J. Here's my spin on the current situation:

1) The best manager we've ever had has come back to the club, the bloke who gave us the best years of supporting NUFC most of us can remember.

2) He knows what football, and NUFC jn particular, means to us and we can rest assured he isn't going to mug us off and tell us what we should/shouldn't want from our club. He is going to try his best for us - that is 100% fact. He might not get there, and he might walk out if it doesn't work out, but at least we know we've got a leader who is a ****** good bloke, who has done brilliantly for us before, and who wants the same thing for NUFC as we do.

3) We've got an owner who by all accounts has wads of cash to spend (and for anyone who is still sceptical as to whether that's true, KK would not have come back if he hadn't been given assurances about cash available for squad strengthening).

4) Anyone who is really genuinely worried that we didn't buy one of the TWO proven Premier League players, who would DEFINITELY improve our staff, who were available in this window (not counting Defoe in that as I'd probably stick with Owen and Martins for now), really needs to sort themselves out. Ok, nobody likes Dennis Wise because he's a horrible little ***** and it remains to be seen whether this new 'continental' set-up with improve things, but it's better than the bumbling along we've had over the last few years. We've got absolutely no reason to suggest Wise won't be very good at the job he's been given. At least the new adminitsration is trying to impose their own professional vision on the club. Ashley has said himself that he went against his better judgement in not getting rid of Allardyce as soon as he took over the club - fair play to him for admitting that. Basically if he'd done what he wanted in the first instance we'd have been having all of this upheaval at the start of the summer, with a full transfer window and pre-season ahead, instead of having to get howked twice in a week by Arsenal away.

5) Of course we all worry about how the club is going, that's natural, but it has to be within reason. I'm a bit worried myself about competing for top players in the summer but I don't think it's worth getting in a tizz about - there's every chance Keegan and Co. will unearth some gems - that uncertainty is part of the fun.

Keegan's back man! Of course we have to give him patience - he's one of us! Don't listen to what the papers say - they certainly don't want the best for NUFC.

I will second that, I think we need to patient and ignore the media no matter what the results are in the the short term because I am convinced KK is the right man for the job in the longer term providing we give him the time to prove it

Guest RodrigoPalacio

I don't care where we finish this season, as long as we're entertained a little more than the first half of it.  Next season however, if we finish 10-17th then we should be worrying.

Guest johnson293

I don't care where we finish this season, as long as we're entertained a little more than the first half of it.  Next season however, if we finish 10-17th then we should be worrying.

Surely a bit early to say that??

We dont know what players will be brought in or released in th esummer yet.

Remember when Bobby took over? He stabilised the team, and we finished his first (part) season 11th.

We also finished his 2nd season (first full one) 11th. Subsequent years were 4th, 3rd and 5th.

Surely as long as we improve, and finish higher than we finish this season it must be progress...yes?