Referees : 'We hate Newcastle United' thread

Nobody

Since the howler that disallowed Owen's goal was at the beginning and the (correct) decision that disallowed their late attempt was at the end, guess which one the papers will focus on.

"BORO DENIED LAST-GASP WINNER BY BROKEN MAGPIES"

Guest wuthering ballsack

Three incorrectly disallowed goals for us from all accounts.

Second one was definitely correct, third I can't say, Duff and the Boro player wasn't visable on the tv.

Fair enough.

- The Owen chance in the 5th minute should have stood. Owen didn't get anywhere near the Boro keeper, who simply let the ball slip out of his hands and Owen tapped into the net.

- The corner kick swung out of play and then back in before Owen headed into the net. One of the few correct decisions today.

- The Duff chance was fractionally (and I mean ever-so fractionally) offside. Mind you, how the linesman was so sure it was off, I have no idea. Officially, the benefit of the doubt should go to the forward in those cases.

- The Boro goal, Dong-Gook Lee was offside and although didn't touch the ball, ran towards it and was close to Huth when he challenged and scored. Should technically, under the new law of the offside, should have been offside.

- Mind you, the dissallowed Boro goal at the end was close as well. Again, the linesman couldn't have been too sure on that case either. The benefit of the doubt should have gone to them again.

Could easily have finished 3-2 to us tbh.

We were lucky to get away with the linesman giving their second offside tbh, he could have easily given it. Unsure whether he was able to see Carr due to the smogs surrounding him but even if he could it was still the same size margain as duffs disallowed goal - the one the TV chose to forget.

Owens goal should never have been disallowed. Keepers get a ridiculous amount of protection nowadays despite often being off balance when jumping and 'trying' to make the catch.

As for the smogs goal, i kind of fell sorry for Carr. Not only was he having to challenge the player infront of him (who moved and definitely went to play the ball despite being clearly offside) but the smoggy bastard behind him then leant on him just as he prior to heading it in.

I didnt agree with a lot FS was saying on the TV but he got the fact right about decisions not levelling themselves out over the season. Within the last 10 games alone weve been subject to some very debatable decisions and not really getting anythin in return.

Guest 3-1 NYD

Shocking display by referee Dean for both teams it has to be said.

Following on from Riley's miserable performance at the Emirates last tuesday I've had enough of these incompetents who are ruining the game.

Can't think of a referee who is actually competent these days.

I think we can all agree that Dean and his band of fools just had a lot of questionable decisions all around tonight. It's silly to think that they had a vendetta against any particular team of course.

Bad refs are like the weather. Their calls can be good or bad, but you can't really do anything about it either way. We've just had more than our share of bad weather this season.

It's about time that these cunts were held accountable for thier actions - the fact that he gave absoutely fuck all for repeated fouling, constant holding / pushing on Alan Smith, didn't allow any of our lads within a meter of any of the fuckers without blowing his whistle had an overriding effect on the outcome of this match.

I have thought for a while that refs come here with an agenda other than refereeing fairly - rather they want to turn up and prove how good and tough a ref they are by not being swayed by the crowd, whether giving a decision our way is correct or not.

It's about time that we took the same attitude to piss poor officials as Ferguson and Wenger.

Guest Erich von Manstein

What a completley embarrassing thread.

If we had taken our chances our disallowed goal and their goal would have meant SFA.

If we had taken our chances our disallowed goal and their goal would have meant SFA.

We did take our chances. Duff and Owen both scored. You shouldn't have to score three goals at home just to have a chance of one of them standing ffs.

We're going to have to get used to this lads. It was exactly the same against Bolton and referees are now coming with an attitude of "I want my name in the paper, let's spoil the party". We will be playing against 12 men every time at home from now until the end of the season, because these cowards aren't interested in officiating a football match, they just want something to pin up on the fridge on Monday morning.

Cattermole and Wheater should both have walked first half and Huth shouldn't have even been on the pitch after he tried to gut Michael Boulding last week, typical that he score like Emmanuel "Glasgow kiss" Adebayor did.

No good blaming the officials,

A good team keeps the pressure on a puts the ball away again and again. They rarely dissallow all of them. The other lot scoring just becomes a consolation goal then.

Its a cliche but a good team makes its own luck and does not need help from officials or to blame them.

Fingers crossed we can limp through this season with our premier league place intact and then see the good side formed next year.

Doug.

Guest Erich von Manstein

We did take our chances. Duff and Owen both scored. You shouldn't have to score three goals at home just to have a chance of one of them standing ffs.

We're going to have to get used to this lads. It was exactly the same against Bolton and referees are now coming with an attitude of "I want my name in the paper, let's spoil the party". We will be playing against 12 men every time at home from now until the end of the season, because these cowards aren't interested in officiating a football match, they just want something to pin up on the fridge on Monday morning.

Cattermole and Wheater should both have walked first half and Huth shouldn't have even been on the pitch after he tried to gut Michael Boulding last week, typical that he score like Emmanuel "Glasgow kiss" Adebayor did.

Unbelievable.

Referee's are due a bad game now and then but the think we're being targeted  is unreal. Get a grip, we're simply not good enough is the simple reason why we drew.

Unbelievable.

Referee's are due a bad game now and then but the think we're being targeted  is unreal. Get a grip, we're simply not good enough is the simple reason why we drew.

Christ. We're not good enough even though we scored more goals than them? How does that work?

Guest Erich von Manstein

Unbelievable.

Christ. We're not good enough even though we scored more goals than them? How does that work?

It was 1-1.

Unbelievable.

It was 1-1.

Not by the laws of the game it wasn't.

duff and owen's goals were rightly chalked off tho. owen did have one perfectly good goal disallowed but its arguable that boro's winner should've counted too. while an early goal changes the complexion of a match, i don't think we can complain too much about the ref costing us the game, he was poor but for both sides. boro played dirty but most premiership sides play a physical game these days.

3? The Schawrzer clanger (which was a goal), the Emre corner (which did go out of play) and.....?

Duff, flagged offside.

That was correct though wasn't it?

3? The Schawrzer clanger (which was a goal), the Emre corner (which did go out of play) and.....?

Duff, flagged offside.

That was correct though wasn't it?

About as much in it as for the second disallowed Boro goal.

Also, never in the world was that a free-kick that set up for their disallowed goal. Blatant dive.

i was so frustrated at that being given (and the refereeing in general) that i stood up, turned around, lifted my seat up and kicked it as hard as i could, fucking knacked my toes, probably a good job no stewards saw me actually, haha, i felt pretty stupid afterwards but a bit less stressed

Guest neesy111

there was pretty good hand ball shout first half

so we had 1 perfectly good goal disallowed

1 which could have counted

a good penalty shout

while they:

should of had wheater sent off first half

their goal was off-side (he was interfering with play)

their disallowed could of counted but it was never a free-kick

i would say that they've had soo much good luck that it question's whether these ref's linesman are getting back handers