Stop the booing, now.

Dr Venkman

Those booing, and yes there was a small amount, are the same minority of "supporters" who will never be happy unless we magically turn in to Man U and even then they'd boo at dropping points....

You're probably talking about 5% (possibly more) of our fans who'd still find something to complain about if Mourinho had of taken over last month and spent £80m on transfers!

Yes we've been put through some shit games, yes we've got shit players, but KK isn't going to turn things round overnight. Only thing we can do as fans is try and support the 11 out on the pitch, hell you can sense the nervousness transmit from the fans to the players at our home games when impatience kicks in if we haven't scored and/or played well within the half an hour!!

These twats might feel they're entitled to criticise and boo whoever, whenever and for whatever when they've paid their money for a ST or MT, but at the end of the day they must be pretty stupid not to work out it's detrimental to our team and club, especially at this important time when we could be dragged into a real relegation battle.

Thing is, booing the ref, who knows who it's intended for? I'm a traditionalist myself, and prefer to suggest that the referee likes to touch himself, down there a lot. Need a new chant for incompetent linesmen.

I thought the atmosphere would be excellent today but it was shocking until we scored even level 7 were quiet til the goal.

Where I sit all I hear is people moaning and never getting behind the team  :rant:

It simply can not and will not help at all, its extremely selfish and in my opinion is spoiling our club.

Selfish? I pay £400+ a year for a season f****** ticket, they are paid £50,000+ a week and can't even give us a decent game of football in return. So don't f****** dare say that I'm selfish, they are bottling cowards and they are spoiling our club.

sorry like but youre a c*nt of the highest order. If the team arent giving you what you want which by the looks of it is ''a decent game of football'' (nice one perpetuating the skysports myth there) then why dont you bin your season ticket at the end of the season and save your £400. Then next season if we sign some good players your seat will be taken by a real SUPPORTER who has SUPPORTED the team through not only the good times but also the bad. O0

Dear Erich,

You don't even have a season ticket. £400 plus? When you watch what we watch you know EXACTLY how much it costs.

Kind Regards,

Fraser.

I went to my first match this season today.  I invited my son with me.  All in all it cost me about 1200 quids all in all for flight, car, hotel and food.  Didn't see the best match but it was worth it anyway.  Will come back next year. 

Didn't hear any  booing from the milburn stand.

Any booing I think is all part of the 'I want it now' attitude, happens a bit all grounds other than Man Utd, Chelsea etc

I don't agree with 'season ticket' theory either, a fan is a fan, supporting through thick and thin.  How many people went to see Newcastle prior to their promotion?  Significantly fewer people than go nowadays, even allowing for the fact that SJP has been enlarged.

I went with my sister. Only the second time she's been since the 70s. The miserable bitch. She didn't like me calling some driver a cunt, who was about to run me over....She used to be hardcore

[/am drunk]

It makes me cringe hearing people boo. Not because they aren't right to have an issue considering they have spent so much to watch a very average side but because it simply isn't going to correct our position.

One of the worst things that can happen is the media thinking that the fans have turned on the manager, it's a downhill road from there. Personally i want a very quiet end to this season, with a few good performances.

I heard a couple of boos but could figure out if it was for the ref our our players etc.

People were getting upset when we made a few mistakes and werren't stroking the ball about like Real Madrid.

NEW FLASH FOR THE MONGS, WE ARE A MID TABLE TEAM.

Any booing I think is all part of the 'I want it now' attitude, happens a bit all grounds other than Man Utd, Chelsea etc

I don't agree with 'season ticket' theory either, a fan is a fan, supporting through thick and thin.  How many people went to see Newcastle prior to their promotion?  Significantly fewer people than go nowadays, even allowing for the fact that SJP has been enlarged.

In all seriousness I agree with you, a fan is a fan but with the qualification that many of us have had season tickets for a very, very, very long time. I have mine because I go every week because it is so important to me to support this team. I'm prepared, with tens of thousands of others, to make a not insubstantial financial commitment to be able to watch them.

I don't boo the players and cannot stand it.

u can't complain fans who pay over £40 want to boo, they pay their money their can do exactly what they want

we haven't won in over 7 games now

i cant complain about people complaining? the difference is i'm trying to do something constructive that will HELP the club, you know, support? dont mention ticket prices to me, if you consider it too expensive dont pay and dont go, its not like paying to see a band, you're not guaranteed anything in sport and people need to remember this, you're exactly the sort of person i'm fighting against.

I don't personally boo, but how do you suggest fans, who go to the game and - rightly - feel let down, get across the point to the manager and players that some players simply should not be playing for us, and that certain performances are not acceptable?

u can't complain fans who pay over £40 want to boo, they pay their money their can do exactly what they want

i cant complain about people complaining? the difference is i'm trying to do something constructive that will HELP the club, you know, support? dont mention ticket prices to me, if you consider it too expensive dont pay and dont go, its not like paying to see a band, you're not guaranteed anything in sport and people need to remember this, you're exactly the sort of person i'm fighting against.

I don't personally boo, but how do you suggest fans, who go to the game and - rightly - feel let down, get across the point to the manager and players that some players simply should not be playing for us, and that certain performances are not acceptable?

thats a very good point, i've often wondered that myself, we seem to have a group of people in charge of the club now who are more open to discussion, with mort meeting various fans and people from message boards etc. there could and maybe should be a way to do that, but the fact of the matter is i dont imagine kevin keegans gonna start taking tips from us, do you?

there was obviously the episode with him explaining about selling cole and he does seem a manager who's more open to talking with fans than others, but i feel pretty sure he knows more about managing newcastle than any of us, with maybe the exception of having not seen our current players play as much as we have. this is where faith comes in, i think for various reasons a lot of us have lost faith in our club, having been continually let down, its understandable. but if we're gonna put our faith in anyone then surely keegan's as good as anyone? dont we even trust HIM anymore?

i dont expect everyone to applaud every single thing we do, or pretend nicky butt isnt shit, i just think booing is pointless negativity, totally pointless, dont you think keegan knows who's not been on top of their game and who needs to improve? it all just comes back to having faith in him, or anyone, to do the job.

the booing under allardyce, as much as i hated it, wasnt surprising, thats why i didnt make this thread until now, i just really dont want to see us go to the point of no return where its acceptable to boo at half time and the end if we're not winning, never mind losing, thats not support, doesnt matter how anyone dresses it up.

thats a very good point, i've often wondered that myself, we seem to have a group of people in charge of the club now who are more open to discussion, with mort meeting various fans and people from message boards etc. there could and maybe should be a way to do that, but the fact of the matter is i dont imagine kevin keegans gonna start taking tips from us, do you?

there was obviously the episode with him explaining about selling cole and he does seem a manager who's more open to talking with fans than others, but i feel pretty sure he knows more about managing newcastle than any of us, with maybe the exception of having not seen our current players play as much as we have. this is where faith comes in, i think for various reasons a lot of us have lost faith in our club, having been continually let down, its understandable. but if we're gonna put our faith in anyone then surely keegan's as good as anyone? dont we even trust HIM anymore?

i dont expect everyone to applaud every single thing we do, or pretend nicky butt isnt shit, i just think booing is pointless negativity, totally pointless, dont you think keegan knows who's not been on top of their game and who needs to improve? it all just comes back to having faith in him, or anyone, to do the job.

the booing under allardyce, as much as i hated it, wasnt surprising, thats why i didnt make this thread until now, i just really dont want to see us go to the point of no return where its acceptable to boo at half time and the end if we're not winning, never mind losing, thats not support, doesnt matter how anyone dresses it up.

Not saying you're wrong, but i would hate for us to be a club where the fans applauded mediocrity, and didn't put pressure on players to perform.

If we are to buy the stuff about the "twelth man" and how our support is important, and be given that responsibility, then we shoudl also be able to vent our frustration in some way, should we feel it.I don't believe for one second that the club would benefit from us, as fans, smling inanely and furiously applauding the likes of Geremi and Ameobi for being crap.

Not saying you're wrong, but i would hate for us to be a club where the fans applauded mediocrity, and didn't put pressure on players to perform.

If we are to buy the stuff about the "twelth man" and how our support is important, and be given that responsibility, then we shoudl also be able to vent our frustration in some way, should we feel it.I don't believe for one second that the club would benefit from us, as fans, smling inanely and furiously applauding the likes of Geremi and Ameobi for being crap.

yeah i know i agree with you mate neither do i, do you consider booing to be constructive? not spoiling for an argument btw, genuinely interested as you seem like an intelligent enough guy

yeah i know i agree with you mate neither do i, do you consider booing to be constructive? not spoiling for an argument btw, genuinely interested as you seem like an intelligent enough guy

I don't think booing is constructive per se - but in context, i understand it. When there has been a rank performance (Derby, for example), I completely support the right of any of our fans to boo. I don't think that solely playing for us shoudl make a player immune from criticism, or that the team as a whole shoudl be utouchable just because its NUFC.

HOWEVER, i do believe it has a time and place, even in these circumstances - after a game, not during. Although i reserve my right to shout during the game, be it positive or negative, because its still about passion and feeling.

I don't think booing is constructive per se - but in context, i understand it. When there has been a rank performance (Derby, for example), I completely support the right of any of our fans to boo. I don't think that solely playing for us shoudl make a player immune from criticism, or that the team as a whole shoudl be utouchable just because its NUFC.

HOWEVER, i do believe it has a time and place, even in these circumstances - after a game, not during. Although i reserve my right to shout during the game, be it positive or negative, because its still about passion and feeling.

fair enough mate, i reserve your right to shout too, i do a hell of a lot of shouting, positive and negative. i agree with all of your post, i even agree that people are entitled to boo, of course they are,its a free country and all that and i cant stop them, i just wish people would think about the consequences rather than their immediate satisfaction, the first thing keegan highlighted when he came in was the players lack of confidence and i fully believe the atmosphere at home games has contributed to that, and i've been saying it all season.

i'd just dearly love to be proud of our support in bad times aswell as good

I sit low down in the Leazers and there was a definite hint of booing at HT though I didn't see anyone specifically. Agree it has to stop but also think it's 3 to 4 years frustration still coming out and a few who perhaps don't realise the task ahead of KK.

Guest Jungle Barry

Whilst agreeing with the original sentiment the only booing I heard today (from the middle of the gallowgate)was for mincing mike dean, what a f*cking coward.

grrr :angry:

I thought Chelsea were getting boo'd around Christmas.

I thought Chelsea were getting boo'd around Christmas.

"Boos for Blues Not Allardyce" was the headline after our game on 29th dec.