Fitting in the Africans

KaKa

Guest toonlass

Problem we have is that we know Keegan will stick with Steven Carr.

I'd liek to stick Faye in DM as that's where our main problems lie. As for Martins he should go straight in up front, he will score a hat full under KK.

How do we know he'll stick with Carr?

Because i dont believe KK will know too much about Beye yet and i think he not only rates Carr but thinks he's in good form.

Don't get me wrong i'd have Beye over Carr everyday of the week.

All well and good, but the backroom staff are the same as when Beye went to Africa, and they know that Beye pisses on Stephen Carr, so I think he will slot straight back in, same with Faye and Martins.

Problem we have is that we know Keegan will stick with Steven Carr.

I'd liek to stick Faye in DM as that's where our main problems lie. As for Martins he should go straight in up front, he will score a hat full under KK.

How do we know he'll stick with Carr?

Because i dont believe KK will know too much about Beye yet and i think he not only rates Carr but thinks he's in good form.

Don't get me wrong i'd have Beye over Carr everyday of the week.

All well and good, but the backroom staff are the same as when Beye went to Africa, and they know that Beye pisses on Stephen Carr, so I think he will slot straight back in, same with Faye and Martins.

he'll know about martins and his mind will be made up as much about fitness  (as opposed to vidukas/ameobis unfitness),he'll like the physicality that faye brings....but with beye (who ,although carr has done well enough,i'd bring back in)does he know enough about him to drop someone who has played fairly well ?

Guest toonlass

I don't disagree that Carr has played well recently, but Carr has a habit of trying harder when a new manager comes in and then letting it slip imo, I think that the coaches will have already told Keegan about Beye. He is far better than Carr and deserves to be back in the team.

carr summed himself up on sunday - was arguably our most dangerous player first half and was getting forward well, more than charlie from LB actually

followed that up with a wild slice on the edge of our box when the game was balanaced at 1-1 that could and should have cost us a goal....

if beye can walk carr should be nowhere near the team - he's a white, irish version of bramble

Guest icemanblue

Carr has played well enough to keep his place. Butt and Owen have been poor. I'd go for -

Given

Carr Cacapa Taylor Enrique

Beye Barton Faye N'Zogbia

Duff Smith

Eh?  Who invited Sam back?

Carr has played well enough to keep his place. Butt and Owen have been poor. I'd go for -

Given

Duff Smith

Do we want to win the game?

Winning's become a bit of a problem recently. One in the last 11, and that was against Stoke. The run includes home games against Derby, Bolton, and Boro. I think we need to try something different.

I don't really like Milner and Zoggy together, because it leaves us a bit weak defensively. I think Beye can play further forward and would be an asset at set pieces.

I'd like to play Faye at the back, but putting him in centre mid is probably the better option because Butt doesn't show enough leadership. Barton on current form is our best creative player in the middle.

Smith looks our best target man. Duff can play as a withdrawn striker and IMO is a better option in that particular position than Owen. We need to try something different in attack.

Carr's done OK recently, but that's about it. He's still a detrimental factor because he is such a very limited footballer. He's looked alright but his positioning has been all to pot, he can't cross a ball, and he hasn't got much pace at all. I think his fitness has improved dramatically, but i think it's a bit of Sibierski Syndrome coming into play here. People are thinking he's playing well because they were expecting him to be utterly shit.

Would honestly be aghast not to see Beye go back there. Infact, i'm going to be bold and say you'd have to be off your tits not to want him there as our right-back. Looking back through the right full-backs we've had, Carr, Taylor, Ramage, Hughes, Barton, etc, we've had nowt. Beye is, by a fair landslide imo, the best right-back we've had in a long, long time.

Am actually frightened by that team you've suggested there, Bobyule.

Given

Duff Smith

Winning's become a bit of a problem recently. One in the last 11, and that was against Stoke. The run includes home games against Derby, Bolton, and Boro. I think we need to try something different.

I don't really like Milner and Zoggy together, because it leaves us a bit weak defensively. I think Beye can play further forward and would be an asset at set pieces.

I'd like to play Faye at the back, but putting him in centre mid is probably the better option because Butt doesn't show enough leadership. Barton on current form is our best creative player in the middle.

Smith looks our best target man. Duff can play as a withdrawn striker and IMO is a better option in that particular position than Owen. We need to try something different in attack.

... whilst scoring a sum total of 8 goals between them in the last three years.

:idiot2:

Given

Duff Smith

... whilst scoring a sum total of 8 goals between them in the last three years.

:idiot2:

Stats don't hold all the answers, particularly when both players have missed a lot of games through injury, Smith has played a lot of games in midfield, and Duff hasn't played as a striker at all.

I can't see that any of the other combinations up front have looked so great that it's not worth at least a go.

And was the wind-up smiley really necessary?